[EOL][ROM][7.1.2_r36][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS 14.1 [08 Sep 2019]

Search This thread

Phant19

Aug 6, 2018
Note: I stop posting here but I will try to continue to build monthly for this device.

Happy flashing and take care !

Thanks for all the 14.1 builds, Eric. Unfortunately the last one (lineage-14.1-20201221-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip) seems to be broken. The ZIP is significantly smaller than previous ones and it cannot be opened (even though the MD5 4ebe93c381bcc873178ce4b39b16b61b is matching).

Greetz, Phant

Reactions: Eric_Lev

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
sourceforge.net
Reactions: ekihd and kevinarol

peelie

Nov 8, 2010
LineageOS 14.1 Jan 2021 security patches with microG & Fdroid for Moto G4 Athene

Download

lineage-14.1-20210122-UNOFFICIAL-mG-athene.zip

LineageOS 14.1 with microG and F-droid
Nougat
SELinux status Enforcing
January 2021 security patches
Tested in Moto G4 XT1622

+++Not compatible with other 14.1 ROMs, you will need to wipe "Dalvik", "System", "Cache" and "Data"+++

sources:

thanks to @Eric_Lev for sources and @MSe1969 for advice

credit to lineagos peeps

Last edited:

Phant19

Aug 6, 2018
LineageOS 14.1 Jan 2021 security patches with microG & Fdroid for Moto G4 Athene

@peelie Is there any chance to install the image on top of the 14.1 installation by Eric_Lev (without losing the data)?

I've tried to do so via TWRP 3.3.1, but the installation process did stop with an error message. I cannot really remember the message, but it was something about wrong user data or so.

peelie

Nov 8, 2010
@peelie Is there any chance to install the image on top of the 14.1 installation by Eric_Lev (without losing the data)?

I've tried to do so via TWRP 3.3.1, but the installation process did stop with an error message. I cannot really remember the message, but it was something about wrong user data or so.
hi yes you need to wipe "Dalvik", "System", "Cache" and "Data" if you come from another ROM.
i am a beginner at compiling ROMs so not sure how to make them compatable with others..yet!
regards
peelie

Last edited:

Phant19

Aug 6, 2018
[...] and "Data" [...]
That's just what I want to avoid. I hoped, since the base is the same (coming from Eric_Lev), I just could install it on top without wiping data and with keeping the apps ("dirty" install).

Anyhow: Keep on gathering experience with building ROMs. :cool: If there's anything I can check or try, tell me.

peelie

Nov 8, 2010
That's just what I want to avoid. I hoped, since the base is the same (coming from Eric_Lev), I just could install it on top without wiping data and with keeping the apps ("dirty" install).

Anyhow: Keep on gathering experience with building ROMs. :cool: If there's anything I can check or try, tell me.
will do, been told that i need to make a migration version but no luck yet getting it to work

peelie

Nov 8, 2010
LineageOS 14.1 Feb 2021 security patches with microG & Fdroid for Moto G4 Athene
Read disclaimers below!

Download
lineage-14.1-20210209-UNOFFICIAL-athene-mg-keys.zip

Nougat
SELinux status Enforcing
Feb 2021 security patches
Tested in Moto G4 XT1622

+++Not compatible with other 14.1 ROMs, you will need to wipe "Dalvik", "System", "Cache" and "Data"+++
+++Also not compatible with my previous ROMS!, which I have deleted+++

I am still trying to make a migration ROM version but no luck so far;
from this ROM forward if you use my roms you can dirty flash them.

sources:

LineageOS/android_device_motorola_athene
LineageOS/android_kernel_motorola_msm8952
LineageOS/android_external_bson
LineageOS/android_external_stlport
LineageOS/android_packages_resources_devicesettings
TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_motorola
lineageos4microg/android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks

credit to lineagos peeps

Last edited:

peelie

Nov 8, 2010
LineageOS 14.1 March 2021 security patches with microG & Fdroid for Moto G4 Athene
Read disclaimers below!

Download
lineage-14.1-20210307-UNOFFICIAL-athene-mg-keys

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mo...210307-UNOFFICIAL-athene-mg-keys.zip/download
---------
Nougat
SELinux status Enforcing
March 2021 security patches
Tested in Moto G4 XT1622
-----------

you can dirty flash this if you are using my rom from February 2021

-------------
sources:

darkglobe87

Apr 28, 2012
I've been away from this phone for a year. Is this latest 2021 ROM stable?? I'm running Eric's build from June 2020. Any thoughts on whether I should upgrade? It's not my main phone so can afford a bit of oops but it needs to be relatively stable

darkglobe87

Apr 28, 2012
So sorry for the triple post my browser is being a *****. I'd just like to thank Peelie. I have installed the latest ROM from this mod without installing any gapps (no opengapps etc) and my phone is much snappier. The only issue is now, I want one particular game which is only on the play store. It's perfect for what I want it for (secure stuff for work, I know its an old android but its compatible with my organisations settings)

peelie

Nov 8, 2010
So sorry for the triple post my browser is being a *****. I'd just like to thank Peelie. I have installed the latest ROM from this mod without installing any gapps (no opengapps etc) and my phone is much snappier. The only issue is now, I want one particular game which is only on the play store. It's perfect for what I want it for (secure stuff for work, I know its an old android but its compatible with my organisations settings)
hi glad to hear rom is good for you; have you tried the aurora store for your game?

btw i do myself run a rom with aurora store integrated, i could make that available if you want? (though the fdroid on that rom won't be compatable with the fdroid on rom that i have released publically - i.e. you would need to do a full wipe before)

peelie

Nov 8, 2010
LineageOS 14.1 April 2021 security patches with microG & Fdroid for Moto G4 Athene
Read disclaimers below!

Download
lineage-14.1-20210414-UNOFFICIAL-athene-mg-keys

---------
Nougat
SELinux status Enforcing
April 2021 security patches
Tested in Moto G4 XT1622
-----------

you can dirty flash this if you are using my previous ROM

-------------
sources:

credit to lineagos peeps

peelie

Nov 8, 2010
Is very good to see a Nougat ROM active for this device -

Have looked around (probably missed) so will just ask -

Can anyone verify if VoLTE works on US GSM carriers using this ROM?

Sincere thanks in advance - have not bought device yet, first need to see if I can get VoLTE working before I go ebaying :cowboy:
VW
I believe you need to not only check if Android 7 Nougat allows VoLTE (apparently it does) but also if carrier has enabled it for Moto G4?

Reactions: virginwidow

peelie

Nov 8, 2010
LineageOS 14.1 May 2021 security patches with microG & Fdroid & Aurora store & Bromite webview for Moto G4 Athene

///Attention I am only building this version from here on, if you have been using my previous ROMS you will need to do full wipe as the different versions of Fdroid will make that app unstable.
Apologies in advance if doing a full wipe will be painful! I myself only use this version and doing 3 versions (including the 15.1 Oreo) is a pain!

I will leave my previous ROMs up for a week.

There is all you need to reproduce what I do here https://nextcloud.englishup.me/sites/rombuilder/. Good luck!////

Download new ROM - https://sourceforge.net/projects/mo...CIAL-athene-mG-fD-Aurora-bromite.zip/download

Sources:

thanks to @Eric_Lev for sources and @MSe1969 for advice and sources

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Note: LineageOS 14.1 is no longer maintained. A final build was released on 8 Sep 2019, please read the post here. #2987

LineageOS 14.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][athene][7.1.2] LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Moto G4/Plus

Contributors
    LineageOS Team of course!

Team athene:
    rajatgupta1998
    Nikit
    lcrd512
    golden-guy
    Jleeblanch

My paypal: https://www.paypal.me/rajatgupta1998
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/rajatgupta1998

Our former developers:
    vache, rahulsnair, SileshNair, Shreps, regalstreak, ashwin007

Other developers: Alberto97, squid2, flar2, oadam11 and all other contributors whom I might have missed.

Source Code:
    LineageOS ROM Source

Device specific sources:
    Device tree: https://github.com/rajatgupta1998/android_device_motorola_athene
    Kernel source: https://github.com/rajatgupta1998/android_kernel_motorola_msm8952
    Vendor blobs: https://github.com/rajatgupta1998/android_vendor_motorola_athene

ROM OS Version: Android 7.1.2 Nougat

Version Information
    #ril is here. #lineage15.0 #Oreo
    Build coming soon..
    We are happy to announce that we just got till bootanimation in Lineage-15.0 after a week effort from nothingness. We can hope a bootable build in near future. Stay safe... Peace out.
    Update : We have a home screen and reboots :p
    And Volte works too. What more can you ask :p . I will stop teasing now. @Dreamstar will be posting beta build soon. And dont flood the thread with i am excited .. looking forward.. posts ;) Stay safe..
    First LineageOS-15.0 ( Oreo ) build is up

What's working
    • Audio
    • RIL (Dual-Sim, Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Volte
    • Fingerprint Sensor ( Enrolment issue )
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Video Playback
    What's not working
    • Camera
    • Permissive SELinux
    • Lineage-15.0 is new so there will be Lineage specific bugs.
    Screenshots
    TcBLEnY.png
    6iy1l7M.png
    sYxtfJe.png
    jpYMb4i.png
    oKUsKYv.png
    f4YUD1G.png
    KAEg67k.png
    vvlRYpP.png

Download Link Updated in OP
    Cheers