• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[EOL][ROM][8.1.0_r50] Pixel Experience [12 Nov 2018]

Search This thread

abhi212b

Feb 16, 2016
Noida
www.youtube.com
I installed this rom which is 8.1.0 then i was plan to move down to original stock rom because of some major issue is with this custom rom. Thing is when i rollback to android 7.0 official i got a software updating notification approx 40 mb update size. when the update has been completed it's required a restart till today my phone is not getting a start .after researching i found some tips - i flash blankflash and phone really start with a dummy bootloader. now when i am trying to install "fastboot flash partition gpt.bin" it's saying this is downgrade version. what is an alternative ?

Always flash the latest version of the stock rom! The latest version is the December patch version!
https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g4-plus/how-to/stock-rom-npjs25-93-14-4-march-1-t3608138
Use this! And flash gpt.bin and bootloader.img first... Then restart to bootloader.. And then flash the whole rom! As per instructions in the thread!
Just in case u need a visual presentation watch this!
https://youtu.be/m2NqpY6X-X4

Good luck! :D

king200

Feb 13, 2012
Always flash the latest version of the stock rom! The latest version is the December patch version!
https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g4-plus/how-to/stock-rom-npjs25-93-14-4-march-1-t3608138
Use this! And flash gpt.bin and bootloader.img first... Then restart to bootloader.. And then flash the whole rom! As per instructions in the thread!
Just in case u need a visual presentation watch this!
https://youtu.be/m2NqpY6X-X4

Good luck! :D

Can return to a 32-bit rom that I have backed up using "TWRP-3.2.1-r2-arm64-tywinlannister7" or must I fastboot flash back to stock rom? I want to avoid bricking.

Simple: Can Nandroid 32-bit be restored to existing 64-bit rom?

cool_sid

Nov 17, 2013
Can return to a 32-bit rom that I have backed up using "TWRP-3.2.1-r2-arm64-tywinlannister7" or must I fastboot flash back to stock rom? I want to avoid bricking.

Simple: Can Nandroid 32-bit be restored to existing 64-bit rom?

Yeah just do the wipe and then restore the backup.

UsPdSr

Still unable to use this awesome rom. :/

Some custom roms of the 64bit section can't be used on my phone for some reason.

Recovery is right, the flashing process is running without a single error.No Xposed or else which could have been influenced the rom in an unfortunate way.
I even hold off the rooting.

Very disappointing. :(

PS

Does anybody have problems with the wifi after a successful install of a 64bit rom?

The times were it has successful being installed, my Wifi was going berserk or didn't go at all.
I haven't read up regarding this so far.Google pointed to the lenovo forum, but I couldn't find a according topic or post.
The rom that I have been flashed with a successful boot up afterwards were Atomic, Viper and dotOS afair.

Sorry, for going off-topic, but maybe someone has the same problem and was able to resolve it or has a solution for this issue.
It would be hugely appreciated. :highfive:

Last edited:

UsPdSr

PS

Does anybody have problems with the wifi after a successful install of a 64bit rom?

The times were it has successful being installed, my Wifi was going berserk or didn't go at all.
I haven't read up regarding this so far.Google pointed to the lenovo forum, but I couldn't find a according topic or post.
The rom that I have been flashed with a successful boot up afterwards were Atomic, Viper and dotOS afair.

Sorry, for going off-topic, but maybe someone has the same problem and was able to resolve it or has a solution for this issue.
It would be hugely appreciated. :highfive:

Anykind of help would be highly appreciated. :confused:
(see above)

PS

To specify the wifi issue:
It works, meaning I can see my connection and all the other networks.When I type the password it starting to connect, but suddenly says 'deactivated' under the SSID.

Regarding the issue with most of the 64bit roms which ends in never ending bootanimation.The whole installation runs smooth as mentioned before, but the bootanimation is in case of this rom for example last stop. :/

Last edited:

abhi212b

Feb 16, 2016
Noida
www.youtube.com
When I installed pixel rom latest version for Moto g4 plus , I can't hear voice call yyy

It's not a thread of pixel ROM! Please post in the correct thread brother! Its a known bug and hopefully will be fixed by the Dev soon! Use The version that was updated in January!

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Anykind of help would be highly appreciated. :confused:
(see above)

PS

To specify the wifi issue:
It works, meaning I can see my connection and all the other networks.When I type the password it starting to connect, but suddenly says 'deactivated' under the SSID.

Regarding the issue with most of the 64bit roms which ends in never ending bootanimation.The whole installation runs smooth as mentioned before, but the bootanimation is in case of this rom for example last stop. :/

You should use a Q&A thread for this question! This thread is for discussion of this rom! If there's any problem, please share logs for it as well ! :)

devNock

Oct 14, 2010

I can't seem to be able to boot them when my /cache is formatted to f2fs. It's boots okay when /cache is ext4. Maybe that is the issue.

Reactions: UsPdSr

UsPdSr

You should use a Q&A thread for this question! This thread is for discussion of this rom! If there's any problem, please share logs for it as well ! :)

Yeah, you right.

I read most of the time and post only occasionally.
I didn't mean to interrupt the sanctity of xda's forum rules. *g

I can't seem to be able to boot them when my /cache is formatted to f2fs. It's boots okay when /cache is ext4. Maybe that is the issue.

I never formatted my cache intenionally to f2fs.

I use Twrp to wipe the relevant partitions before I flash anything else and format the second partition of my sd card depending on what rom to ext4 or f2fs later on with Apps2Sd.

Could this be happend otherwise without my doing and if so, how can I fix it?

Last edited:

WallyWest

May 15, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 10i
☜∂ɛvɑ[emoji769 said:
;75779024]Hi guys... I'm newbie. Does 32 bit device support this rom.? I'm using Moto g4 plus 2gb/16gb variant. I don't know whether it is a 32 bit or 64 bit.
It supports it you just need the 64bit TWRP Recovery to flash it

Sent from my Moto G4 Plus using Tapatalk

UsPdSr

Hi guys... I'm newbie. Does 32 bit device support this rom.? I'm using Moto g4 plus 2gb/16gb variant. I don't know whether it is a 32 bit or 64 bit.

Here you go

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mo...recovery-twrp-3-2-1-unofficial-touch-t3722206

This is the Custom Recovery which needs to be installed.
;)

To get a bit more familiar with 64bit roms is this a good thread to get started ->

https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g4-plus/development/dev-64-bit-roms-kernel-twrp-t3724261

PS

I hope you will have more luck then I had so far..
;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts