• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[EOL][ROM][8.1.0_r50] Pixel Experience [12 Nov 2018]

Search This thread

keerten

Mar 29, 2016
Chandigarh
I had a lag, disabling the live wallpaper made a difference, so I recommend it.
Battery consumption seems worse than in 14.1 but I have to make more testing.

For GPS I'm still unsure: It takes a lot of time for a app to find position. Seems like apps get a new position only every few minutes. (For example the Waze app). All my GPS-tools apps show no sattelites and no data, so maybe my location is only measured with the mobile data and not GPS...?

But for the rest everything seems nice (but I have not installed magisk yet.)
Logs would be helpful ;-;

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: Rizoo27

murigny64

Apr 17, 2012
REIMS
I had a lag, disabling the live wallpaper made a difference, so I recommend it.
Battery consumption seems worse than in 14.1 but I have to make more testing.

For GPS I'm still unsure: It takes a lot of time for a app to find position. Seems like apps get a new position only every few minutes. (For example the Waze app). All my GPS-tools apps show no sattelites and no data, so maybe my location is only measured with the mobile data and not GPS...?

But for the rest everything seems nice (but I have not installed magisk yet.)

That's what i was thinking about gps: it doesn't work
All people that say it work can't prove it.
Do not confuse location and satellite acquisition !

:cool::rolleyes:

Reactions: jer194

papasmurf879

Oct 29, 2017
Will try best to correct it
No worries i dont really need the wallpaper plus it lagged even on nougat with the live wallpaper its not the rom.

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

Hey just to inform you guys xposed v90 beta arm 64 works fine on this rom. Modes will need to be updated for oreo but most the ones i use work. Greenify works

halifage

Mar 16, 2013
Hey just to inform you guys xposed v90 beta arm 64 works fine on this rom. Modes will need to be updated for oreo but most the ones i use work. Greenify works[/QUOTE]

Judy wondering if we still need apps like Greenify, with Android 8. Did anyone know if they are not redundant? It seems doze is doing the same thing already

Dedse

Jan 10, 2018
É perfeita! Os apps inclusos são da própria Google, tá tudo certinho! ?
Só precisa melhorar a estabilidade, o desempenho tá meio a desejar

StevenFernandes

Oct 29, 2015
Cansaulim
I have severe lag on my XT1642, but only in the notification draw, launcher and recents menu. This same issue occured on Cardinal AOSP.

Does this only happen on the 2GB RAM variants of Athene? If so can it be fixed?

I'm running the ROM paired with Magisk 15.2 and the loony v3 kernel, I tried the stock kernel and the system was still very laggy.
I had the lag on 3gb variant too with the default live wallpaper, so i switched to static wallpaper and it really reduced the lag. Been using this ROM for almost 2 days and its lil smooth now. And I'm using stock kernel.

---------- Post added at 04:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

Only Flash in twrp
I use magisk 14.0
Magisk 15.2 works just fine

Reactions: Luis Infante

Bluemoon

Dec 17, 2016
I have severe lag on my XT1642, but only in the notification draw, launcher and recents menu. This same issue occured on Cardinal AOSP.

Does this only happen on the 2GB RAM variants of Athene? If so can it be fixed?

I'm running the ROM paired with Magisk 15.2 and the loony v3 kernel, I tried the stock kernel and the system was still very laggy.
Exactly bro I have the same issue on every Oreo 8.1 ROM

zz88

Jul 31, 2016
That's what i was thinking about gps: it doesn't work
All people that say it work can't prove it.
Do not confuse location and satellite acquisition !

:cool::rolleyes:

I changed the setting to "use GPS only" and tried again. Sadly I have to say: No Satellite, no position, nothing. GPS is not working.
Next I will install magisk and try to get some logs (first time for me).

About the lag: without the live wallpaper this Rom is more than usable for me, keeping in mind I have an "old" cheap phone and the newest android. Yeah!

Keep up he good work.

tahattha

May 18, 2015
Hi I have problem with kernel adiutor screen color value edit not shown
Any fix. I have born screen issue
KL3SssK_d.jpg

DECHTECH

Jun 19, 2016
Adelaide
fraycraft.ga

WallyWest

May 15, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 10i
If this was the case apps and games would lag too, everything runs super well other than the notification area, recents menu and stock launcher.
I think it's an optimisation problem rather than a hardware problem.
It is more of a hardware problem as Snapdragon 617 isn't as much capable as the newer SoCs as it has performance issues and as far as games and ui goes games depend on gpu rather than cpu so the lag only exists in heavier games and even a Snapdragon 410 can run the ui smoothly

Sent from my Moto G4 Plus using Tapatalk

DECHTECH

Jun 19, 2016
Adelaide
fraycraft.ga
It is more of a hardware problem as Snapdragon 617 isn't as much capable as the newer SoCs as it has performance issues and as far as games and ui goes games depend on gpu rather than cpu so the lag only exists in heavier games and even a Snapdragon 410 can run the ui smoothly

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying, so bare with me. You stated that MSM8952 isn't as powerful as other newer chipsets, while that is true there is no reason that the chipset can't run Oreo 64 bit correctly VS Oreo/Nougat 32 bit. The CPU is under low load (10-30%, big cores DISABLED) when using the ROM via my testing.

You then state that the SD410 can run the UI smoothy, sure yes it can but the SD 617 is a more powerful chipset and can very well run the UI smoothly so I don't get why you said that.
Last time I checked the recents menu, launcher and notification area were part of the UI, correct me if I'm wrong.

WallyWest

May 15, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 10i
I'm not exactly sure what you're saying, so bare with me. You stated that MSM8952 isn't as powerful as other newer chipsets, while that is true there is no reason that the chipset can't run Oreo 64 bit correctly VS Oreo/Nougat 32 bit. The CPU is under low load (10-30%, big cores DISABLED) when using the ROM via my testing.

You then state that the SD410 can run the UI smoothy, sure yes it can but the SD 617 is a more powerful chipset and can very well run the UI smoothly so I don't get why you said that.
Last time I checked the recents menu, launcher and notification area were part of the UI, correct me if I'm wrong.
I am saying that due to it being old and not as much powerful you shouldn't expect much from it and I am not trying to say that it can't run Oreo it can there's no doubt about that

Top Liked Posts