[EOL][ROM][AROMA] FreedomOS 2.0.2 [7.1.1][OOS][4.5.14][STABLE][SAFETYNET ✓]

Search This thread

néonaloj

Dec 29, 2014
This is why i have leave this forum.
Unreadable and it's a real mess, especially for the new users (still my point of view).

Sadly...
We try to help as much as we can, answering to everyone and to every question.
Then again, we sometimes are talking about many roms at the same time, it can be confusing, I must admit. But As I said, we reply to everybody.

NevaX1

Mar 10, 2014
0x2A
Boot issue is with magisk, su boots fine.

Maybe, remove the magisk.img in /data.

Latest recovery (59) from him, clean flash with magisk and i can't even reach the bootanimation, it boots me back to TWRP.

EDIT: Clean flash with SuperSU working, these rumors about Magisk isn't compatible with decryption are true.

I'm using a fully encrypted phone with magisk, so i don't think it's coming from there.

@NevaX1 thank you for your great rom, i have test all roms for OnePlus 5 (even HydrogenOS lol) and your rom seem be the most custom/advanced rom with xXx. I will test and feedback soon :)

PS:Great idea to have remove encryption by default
PS2: Why you purpose old version for Magisk & SuperSU, it's a mistake in the presentation?

Like i said some parts arre oudated, i'll update in a near future ;)

jorgis1

Sep 18, 2010
Brownsville
Magisk

So how are people getting Magisk to work? Do we not flash the DM-Verity and force decrypt? Does that cause TWRP to ask for a pin?

jemeljsh

Jul 20, 2012
Riga
Maybe, remove the magisk.img in /data.

I'm using a fully encrypted phone with magisk, so i don't think it's coming from there.

Like i said some parts arre oudated, i'll update in a near future ;)

Hi, NevaX1,

Nice to see you here. Please accept a small donation on my behalf.
You just made a donation.

Transaction ID:
8JA404728F7771454

I see that in the 1st post.you.mention center clock as an option. Is the center clock actually inlcuded?

jemeljsh

Jul 20, 2012
Riga
Make sure to use the latest twrp from @Xdevs23
Also if your system your system cannot be mounted, check the faq.

Latest recovery (59) from him, clean flash with magisk and i can't even reach the bootanimation, it boots me back to TWRP.
EDIT: Clean flash with SuperSU working, these rumors about Magisk isn't compatible with decryption are true.

Could you please elobarate step by step install process since I am also stock with a bootloop.

Here's what I did:

1. Unclocked the bootloader;
2. Installed Latest recovery (59);
3. Boot into Latest recovery (59);
4. Copied no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip and FreedomOS-op5-nevax-1.0-signed.zip onto sdcard;
5. Installed no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip;
6. Installed FreedomOS-op5-nevax-1.0-signed.zip and booted into system;
7. On the first boot the one plus spinning logo appears and goes off then next secound for a reboot and it goes back to the oneplus logo and remains in bootloop..

What am I missing here?

Can it be that for some sort of reason the rom installs but the system does not mount or in that case install would fail as such?

edit: somehow the rom did install but sdcard is missing..while in rom I tried re-download FreedomOS 1.0 for op5 through Chrome but it failed with message that sd card is missing.. how can I mount sd card through twrp ? in twrp under Mount there's Cache (checked), Data (checked), System (always unchked after reboot of recovery) and USB storage (unchcked). Is it done through Advanced/Terminal or should I do a full format through fastboot and then start from scratch?

Last edited:

hibby50

Jan 26, 2008
forum.ppcgeeks.com
Could you please elobarate step by step install process since I am also stock with a bootloop.

Here's what I did:

4. Copied no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip and FreedomOS-op5-nevax-1.0-signed.zip onto sdcard;
7. On the first boot the one plus spinning logo appears and goes off then next secound for a reboot and it goes back to the oneplus logo and remains in bootloop..

What am I missing here?

Can it be that for some sort of reason the rom installs but the system does not mount or in that case install would fail as such?

edit: somehow the rom did install but sdcard is missing..while in rom I tried re-download FreedomOS 1.0 for op5 through Chrome but it failed with message that sd card is missing.. how can I mount sd card through twrp ? in twrp under Mount there's Cache (checked), Data (checked), System (always unchked after reboot of recovery) and USB storage (unchcked). Is it done through Advanced/Terminal or should I do a full format through fastboot and then start from scratch?

I was having major issues after some failed flashes and messed up partition and had to start from scratch and delete all my data. fastboot format userdata, then system, then cache, flashed full stock ota, booted it up, then flashed twrp and this rom

Here's what I did:

What am I missing here?

This might help: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2222297

jemeljsh

Jul 20, 2012
Riga
I was having major issues after some failed flashes and messed up partition and had to start from scratch and delete all my data. fastboot format userdata, then system, then cache, flashed full stock ota, booted it up, then flashed twrp and this rom

SOLVED

To fix the missing sd card situation and arrive at fresh install of FreedomOS I did the following

1. Flashed stock recovery in TWRP;
2. Installed stock OOS through stock recovery, since installing it in TWRP (v59) was giving reboot back to TWRP;
3. With stock OOS installed I reflashed recovery to TWRP (59) recovery;
4. Booted into TWRP;
5. Installed no encryption .zip;
6. Installed FreedomAS;
7. Installed no encryption.zip once more to be safe :D and booted fine into fresh install of FreedomOS..

I am not sure what went wrong in my first run where I intially did all same steps I have taken 100+ times, but I am guessing I simply jumped the gun on my first install - I think it was no bootloop after rebooting into system but unfinished install of FreedomOS which I caused out of impatience which ended with a messed up partition setup and sd card missing...

Last edited:

tonyeltriton

Jan 15, 2012
Everything was flashed perfectly, caming from another rom and wiped data,system,dalvik and cache

How can i set the clock to the center of the status bar? Sorry if i'm blind

NevaX1

Mar 10, 2014
0x2A
SOLVED

To fix the missing sd card situation and arrive at fresh install of FreedomOS I did the following

1. Flashed stock recovery in TWRP;
2. Installed stock OOS through stock recovery, since installing it in TWRP (v59) was giving reboot back to TWRP;
3. With stock OOS installed I reflashed recovery to TWRP (59) recovery;
4. Booted into TWRP;
5. Installed no encryption .zip;
6. Installed FreedomAS;
7. Installed no encryption.zip once more to be safe :D and booted fine into fresh install of FreedomOS..

I am not sure what went wrong in my first run where I intially did all same steps I have taken 100+ times, but I am guessing I simply jumped the gun on my first install - I think it was no bootloop after rebooting into system but unfinished install of FreedomOS which I caused out of impatience which ended with a messed up partition setup and sd card missing...

No need to flash no encryption and dm verity zip, everything is already managed by the rom installer.
The current twrp builds can be buguy, to ensure that your system is correctly wiped, wipe it through the bootloader.
Type this command:
Code:
fastboot format system
Then flash the rom.

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Nothing Phone 1
So how are people getting Magisk to work? Do we not flash the DM-Verity and force decrypt? Does that cause TWRP to ask for a pin?

Use the latest TWRP Stable (cheeseburger 58), first time i have had the infinite boot on OP logo, just format again system (by fastboot) and wipe all partition (but not the Internal) and after that Boot succes.
I have Magisk (i have upgrade to the latest version 13 (54e6a79) without problem, SafetyNet OK (after uncheck/recheck Magisk Hide), and encryption is activated ;)

Hi, NevaX1,

Nice to see you here. Please accept a small donation on my behalf.

I see that in the 1st post.you.mention center clock as an option. Is the center clock actually inlcuded?

No, dev has not editing the presentation

Last edited:
Reactions: jorgis1

Gomezie

Feb 16, 2011
Anyone tried 4.5.3? just wondering if its actually worth moving off this rom for.. as I really dont want to :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1498743705-op5-big-banner-nougat.png

FreedomOS allows you to debloat your ROM smartly.
    Everything is customisable, you can install the most minimalistic rom, like a fully modded rom.
    So basically, it install the untouched stock rom and install and remove all the functionality you have selected in the aroma.

Features :

Install/Uninstall Google apps:

- Android Pay
    - Calculator Google
    - Calendar Google
    - CallSync
    - Camera Google
    - Cloud Print
    - Contatcs Google
    - DialerFramework
    - Dialer Google
    - DMAgent
    - Google Drive
    - Exchange Google
    - FaceDetect
    - FaceUnlock
    - GCS
    - Gmail
    - GoogleTTS
    - Hangouts
    - Hotword
    - Keyboard Google
    - Messenger
    - Package Installer Google
    - Pixel Icons
    - Pixel Launcher
    - Photos
    - Play Games
    - Print Service Google
    - Search
    - Speech
    - Storage Manager Google
    - Tag Google
    - Talkback
    - Wallpapers
    - YouTube
    All the others apps have been removed

Install/Uninstall system apps :

- AntHal
    - Android Pay
    - Basic Dream
    - Bluetooth Midi Service
    - Bluetooth Test Mode
    - Desk Clock
    - Document (File Manager)
    - Download
    - EngineeringMode
    - EngSpecialTest
    - Facelock
    - Galaxy
    - Holospiral
    - Animated wallpaper
    - LogKitSdService
    - Music
    - Noise Feild
    - OemAutoTestServer
    - OEMLogKit
    - OnePlus Camera
    - OnePlus Gallery
    - OnePlus OTA
    - OnePlus Setup Wizard
    - Phase Beam
    - Protips
    - SensorTestTool
    - SwiftKey
    - Tags
    - WifiRfTestApk
    - Dive Icons
    - Rifon icons

- Enforcing kernel (security first)
    - Permissive kernel if wanted
    - APT-X & APT-XHD support
    - SafetyNet pass
    - Magisk 13 with Magisk Manager
    - SuperSU systemless STABLE
    - Xposed Installer Material | Flash the Xposed zip after the AROMA installation
    - Adaway
    - Android Debugging Bridge
    - Substratum Theme Engine Legacy
    - Google DNS
    - EmojiOne
    - MultiWindows
    - Patched Stock Kernel, disable force encryption and some tweaks.
    - ARISE Sound System with Enforcing support
    - Sony Music Player
    - Google Assistant
    - Wideband wifi support over 2.4GHz

Instructions :
    You need an unlocked bootloader with latest official TWRP.

- Make sure you are using the correct TWRP, read FAQ
    - Download and copy the zip file in your OP5
    - Reboot to TWRP
    - Make a nandroid backup (optionnal)
    - Clean flash Wipe data/system/dalvik/cache | Dirty Flash: Wipe System/Cache/Dalvik
    - Install > Select FreedomOS zip file
    - Enjoy aroma installer
    - Done

download-button.png

If you have ROM issues please post the issue along with a LOG in this thread or in GitLab issue tracker.
    Posts will be removed by moderators without warning if they do not belong or are not accompanied by a LOG

FreedomOS Mirror 1 [FR] - Mirror 1
    @genesixx Mirror [FR/CA/SG]- Mirror 2
    @xByt3z Mirror [NL]- Mirror 3
    @casual_kikoo Mirror [NL]- Mirror 4 Down for the moment

Make sure to be updated to the latest version of TWRP, link in the FAQ.
    Don't forget to put md5 file in the same directory of the the rom zip.

Changelogs

GitLab | Github (Mirror)

Enjoy what I do? Want to show your appreciation? You can donate HERE.​

Special thanks to :
    People who have donated to support ongoing development,
    to all contributors ,
    and of course all the beta testers.

Credits :
    OnePlus for everything.
    @kickoff for the aroma theme,
    @Chainfire for SuperSU.
    @amarullz for aroma project and the themes!
    @topjohnwu for magisk
    @rovo89, @DVD android for Xposed Installer.
    @xpirt for the python script.
    @A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems,
    @xpirt for the python script.
    The Open GApps Project,
    Maybe more people, tell me!

XDA:DevDB Information
    FreedomOS 2.0.2 for OnePlus 5, ROM for the OnePlus 5

Contributors
    NevaX1, casual_kikoo
    Source Code: https://gitlab.com/Nevax/FreedomOS/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.0.2
    Stable Release Date: 2017-11-23

Created 2017-06-26
    Last Updated 2018-03-22
    Reserved

F.A.Q

How to pass SafetyNet?
    - Follow the aroma installer, after that make sure to enable "Magisk Hide" in Magisk settings.

I can't pass wifi selection in SetupWizard
    Sometime for a strange reason, the Google WebView provider isn't selected by the system. So try to reeboot else reflash the rom with Google Chrome.

Unable to mount /system partition
    Boot into fastboot mode and type this command through adb:
    Code:
    fastboot format system

Magisk or SuperSU
    Both are good to go, but depends of your need.
    I have made a small comparaison, of course it does not contains all the criteria (different point of views are welcomed).
    SuperSU:
    A standard, compatible with almost all "rooted apps"
    Break SafetyNet
    Can increase battery drain

Magisk :
    Include modules support (FOS include patched module for arise)
    100% Systemless, do not break safetynet

Young project, some apps are not compatible

Which recovery should i use?
    For now i can't recommand any stable twrp build, please follow the appropriate twrp thread for that ;)

Want to report an issue, a problem?
    Please report it HERE, it much more handy compared to the forum.
    Provide as much information as possible, the installation logs or logcat are important.
    You can also suggest your ideas :)

I'm getting an signal 11 Error at the end of the aroma installer
    You have ticked to rebvoot your device at the end of the installer, and it just fail.
    This is not a problem, just reboot it into twrp.

Can i dirty flash this rom ?
    - You can dirty flash if u're using my previous version, but if anything wrong, a clean flash before reporting is a must.

I got a bootloop caused by a incompatible/bad layer.
    Boot into TWRP.
    Go to Mount.
    Select System.
    Return to Home.
    Go to Advanced.
    Go to file manager.
    Go to /system/vendor/overlay/ and remove the bad overlay apk.

My installation is stuck at XX%.
    - Wait one or two minutes and touch two times at the bottom right of your screen, if you got nothing reflash the rom.

I have unselected/selected a setting in the aroma and now i (don't) want it.
    - Reflash the rom

Tips :
    For reducing the battery usage, i recommend to disable Viper4Android for the phone speaker for everyday usage.
    The economy will minimal but we don't need an audio treatment for a simple *ding* notification.
    New update!

Happy flashing guys :)
    Code:
        ADD: Supports customization of notification ringtone
        UPDATE: Improved launching speed of apps
        UPDATE: Optimized adaptive brightness
        FIX: Issue of YouTube video lagging behind audio
        FIX: Display issues of some UI elements
        FIX: Issue of no 4G+ network in some regions
        UPDATE: Android security patch to September
        FIX: General bug fixes
        UPDATE: Magisk v14
            - [script] Simplify installation scripts
            - [script] Fix a bug causing backing up and restoring stock boot images failure
            - [script] Installation and uninstallation will migrate old or broken stock boot image backups to proper format
            - [script] Fix an issue with selabel setting in util_functions on Lollipop
            - [rc script] Enable logd in post-fs to start logging as early as possible
            - [MagiskHide] magisk.img mounted is no longer a requirement
            Devices with issues mounting magisk.img can now run in proper core-only mode
            - [MagiskBoot] Add native function to extract stock SHA1 from ramdisk
            - [b64xz] New tool to extract compressed and encoded binary dumps in shell script
            - [busybox] Add busybox to Magisk source, and embed multi-arch busybox binary into update-binary shell script
            - [busybox] Busybox is added into PATH for all boot scripts (post-fs-data.d, service.d, and all module scripts)
            - [MagiskSU] Fully fix multiuser issues
            - [Magic Mount] Fix a typo in cloning attributes
            - [Daemon] Fix the daemon crashing when boot scripts opens a subshell
            - [Daemon] Adjustments to prevent stock Samsung kernel restrictions on exec system calls for binaries started from /data
            - [Daemon] Workaround on Samsung device with weird fork behaviors
    New update! :)

Happy flashing ;)

Code:
    UPDATE: ARISE Opus 20170918
    UPDATE: Switch to nano opengapps instead of aroma, now most of the gapps are preodexed in order to speed up first boot
    FIX: Weather uninstallation
    ADD: Portuguese/Bresilian translation @sconetto (gitlab)
    REMOVE: More Google bloaware
    REMOVE: OPDeviceManager, know for data analytics
    UPDATE: Xposed installer to 3.0.1, now support Nougat!
    UPDATE: Google Apps 20171013
    UPDATE: Google Camera
    UPDATE: Pixel Launcher
    UPDATE: Pixel Icons
    UPDATE: Google Wallpapers
    UPDATE: FreedomOS aroma installer, reduce number of step
    UPDATE: OxygenOS 4.5.14
        Supported Airtel VoLTE in India
        Supported Band 66 of Freedom in Canada
        Fixed Wi-Fi WPA2 security issue
        Optimized battery usage in some cases
        Optimized GPS accuracy
        General bug fixes
    -------

Update: More details] OnePlus left a backdoor in its devices capable of root access
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/11/13/oneplus-left-backdoor-devices-capable-root-access/

FreedomOS isn't affected ;)
    New update available!
    Enjoy guys ;)
    Code:
        UPDATE: Turkish language
        ADD: Introducing the all new OnePlus Slate font
        ADD: EIS for 4k video recording
        UPDATE: Android security patch level to 1st July 2017
        UPDATE: to latest GMS package
        OPTIMIZE: Wi-Fi connectivity improvements
        OPTIMIZE: Standby battery enhancements
        FIX: Occasional sound leaks in the speakers when using earphones