• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[EOL][ROM] [i9300] [7.1.2] [LOS-based] **UNOFFICIAL CrDroid** v3.8.9

Search This thread

gianogli

Feb 7, 2015
biella
https://github.com/fourkbomb/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412/tree/cm-14.1-rebase

Quoting forkbomb ~Assuming you already have a source tree set up, and all the official repos downloaded,
you need to add a file like this to your local_manifests and cherry-pick these commits. Then, just "brunch i9300".
~

I think it's more updated ;) I'm using experimental builds for daily use and they are a lot better than "standard".

The best choice is talk with @GalaxyMaster_P who knows how to compile it.

Regards !

Ok! I've just started today to work on it. If there wont be problems I hope to have a final "HWC experimental version" of the last crDroidAndroid for i9300 at the end of June or in July... Stay tuned! ;)

sonvegeta

Feb 22, 2015
Jundiaí
Very good! I was expecting to use crdroid, but with patches and improvements. Installed, restoring backup and testing my second phone to see if the charm can be true.

hello guys

the ROM is great! amazing!

I would like to use my old i9300 in my car and therefore need to autoboot when charger is connected.

I tried all the ways from https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26294258/auto-boot-when-wall-charger-is-plugged# but nothing worked.

question: how can I enable auto-boot when I connect a charger to a turned off phone??

THANK YOU

As i know there is no way to automatically boot a turned off device.
But i suggest when plugging in the charger connector manually , you could automatically push the on/off button too. ;)
For all other automated actions to do on a turned on device i suggest Tasker or MacroDroid.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Labs

edwardenglish

Nov 13, 2012
As i know there is no way to automatically boot a turned off device.
But i suggest when plugging in the charger connector manually , you could automatically push the on/off button too. ;)
For all other automated actions to do on a turned on device i suggest Tasker or MacroDroid.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Labs

Yes that's the problem. I would like to use my phone in a car. Engine on = phone on, engine off = phone off.
Would be a dream...

TheRuan

Aug 4, 2007
Novo Hamburgo
Yes that's the problem. I would like to use my phone in a car. Engine on = phone on, engine off = phone off.
Would be a dream...
Just google a bit and checked the link you put.
Did u try this:
Get your device into the bootloader (fastboot) and run the following command from a computer connected over USB with Android Tools:

fastboot oem off-mode-charge 0

OR THIS:
fastboot oem off-mode-charge = 0
see the "=", as far as i know this is the correct command.

Last edited:

gianogli

Feb 7, 2015
biella

In the last weeks I was on vacation and I've had a lot of (real) work to do.
I built the HWC version but, by using that, my i9300 enter in a boot loop. I extracted the kernel trace but is not easy to understand where is the bug.
I could try to use some other kernels but I don't know if is a good idea lose time to this old HWC version or start working, thanks to the big fourkbomb work, on an experimental android 8.1 or 9.0 version.
... I prefer the second choice. :)

Since today is available the last UNOFFICIAL version of CrDroid for i9300: 3.8.9. No new functions, only security bug fix! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is UNOFFICIAL crDroid for Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300

Always have a full functional backup before using this ROM. Just in case!

DO NOT install supersu, the rom has built-in root

TWRP
    opengapps

****[ROM]****
    crDroidAndroid-7.1.2-20180120-i9300-v3.8.5-UNOFFICIAL.zip
    crDroidAndroid-7.1.2-20180319-i9300-v3.8.6-UNOFFICIAL.zip
    crDroidAndroid-7.1.2-20180420-i9300-v3.8.7-UNOFFICIAL.zip
    crDroidAndroid-7.1.2-20180616-i9300-v3.8.8-UNOFFICIAL.zip
    crDroidAndroid-7.1.2-20180902-i9300-v3.8.9-UNOFFICIAL.zip

Changelog Note:
    - Since "crDroidAndroid-7.1.2-20180616-i9300-v3.8.8" version I changed the official boot animation of crDroidAndroid 3.x with the new one of crDroidAndroid 4.x. Do you like it?

First time installing crDroid to your i9300, or coming from another ROM:
    - Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (CWM or TWRP)
    - Copy GApps and crDroid zip to your external SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Wipe system,data and cache
    - Flash crDroid zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET
    - Reboot

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    - Copy crDroid ZIP to your external SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Wipe system and cache
    - Flash crDroid zip
    - Flash Gapps
    - Reboot

Don't expect any support!

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - firebird11
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

XDA:DevDB Information
    UNOFFICIAL CrDroid for i9300, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
    gianogli
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: LineageOS, CrDroid

Version Information

Created 2018-04-20
    Last Updated 2019-06-09
    https://github.com/fourkbomb/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412/tree/cm-14.1-rebase

Quoting forkbomb ~Assuming you already have a source tree set up, and all the official repos downloaded,
    you need to add a file like this to your local_manifests and cherry-pick these commits. Then, just "brunch i9300".
    ~

I think it's more updated ;) I'm using experimental builds for daily use and they are a lot better than "standard".

The best choice is talk with @GalaxyMaster_P who knows how to compile it.

Regards !

Ok! I've just started today to work on it. If there wont be problems I hope to have a final "HWC experimental version" of the last crDroidAndroid for i9300 at the end of June or in July... Stay tuned! ;)
    After this version [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][8.1.0] LineageOS 15.1 [BETA][13.11.2018]
    Is there hope in the CrDroid 8.1 Oreo?
    Sorry bad language

Sure!
    As soon as the i9300 kernel for Oreo will be stable enough to permit the daily use of this phone without issue.
    Stay tuned... ;)

In the last weeks I was on vacation and I've had a lot of (real) work to do.
    I built the HWC version but, by using that, my i9300 enter in a boot loop. I extracted the kernel trace but is not easy to understand where is the bug.
    I could try to use some other kernels but I don't know if is a good idea lose time to this old HWC version or start working, thanks to the big fourkbomb work, on an experimental android 8.1 or 9.0 version.
    ... I prefer the second choice. :)

Since today is available the last UNOFFICIAL version of CrDroid for i9300: 3.8.9. No new functions, only security bug fix! :)
    Can you tell me how? SuperSU app is not installed...

just flash this and install magisk..