/* * Your warranty is... still valid? * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * */
This is an unofficial CM13.0 ROM based off of the stable branch instead of the nightly branch, with the main goal being stability with an overall good user experience. This ROM has many things in common with my OnePlus One ROM.
Custom kernels are not compatible with this ROM. I will NOT provide support if you install a custom kernel.
- Based off latest generic CyanogenMod 13.0 stable sources (root access is NOT included)
- OTA updates via built-in CMUpdater
- Configurable multi-color notification LED
- Custom camera app with several manual controls and high-speed video recording with audio
- Custom camera HAL I made myself featuring:
-4K UHD and DCI video recording
-1440p video recording with the front-facing camera
-High-speed video recording with audio at 60 FPS and 120 FPS for 720p, and 60 FPS for 1080p
-Consistent 30 FPS video recording in all lighting conditions
-Intelligent anti-shake algorithm (significantly reduces motion blur when capturing photos)
-Faster autofocus in low lighting conditions
-No stuttering in camera viewfinder
-Improved photo quality
-Photo capture up to 4208x3120 resolution (instead of 4160x3120)
- Many other misc. improvements under the hood
- Based off latest CAF Marshmallow kernel source from Qualcomm (LA.BF.1.1.3_rb1.13)
- Removed lots of excessive bloat
- Dynamic CPU input boost driver I wrote myself (makes the phone feel smooth without destroying battery life)
- CPU underclocked to 1958 MHz by default (you can disable this; see why I did this in the FAQ in the 3rd post)
- Custom thermal control driver I wrote myself (features 8 thermal throttle steps; keeps the phone cool)
- LCD KCAL by Savoca
- Westwood TCP congestion algorithm (enabled by default)
- F2FS support
- NTFS support
- No placebo patches, features, or compiler "optimizations"
- Many other misc. improvements not listed here
Kernel (cm-13.0-sultan branch): https://github.com/sultanxda/android_kernel_oneplus_onyx
Local manifest (contains the rest of the sources): https://github.com/sultanxda/android/blob/master/onyx/cm-13.0-stable/local_manifest.xml
- CyanogenMod and its contributors
- CAF (aka Qualcomm)
- myfluxi (awesome friend with lots of amazing contributions)
- Open GApps
The people who first brought CM13.0 to the OnePlus X:
- If your name should be here and it isn't, then make me use an iPhone 4 running iOS 8
Installation instructions (for first-time installation):
First, perform a backup of your existing setup, and then perform a clean install (wipe /data and /system; TWRP is recommended).
If you plan on using encryption with this ROM, then flash the custom TWRP build in the Downloads section below before flashing the ROM. This custom TWRP build is needed if you want to be able to access data encrypted using this ROM while booted into recovery. Otherwise, you will not be able to access your encrypted data while your phone is in recovery mode.
Then, flash the ROM, flash a Google apps package, SuperSU if you want root access (ONLY v2.65 OR HIGHER), and then reboot.
Installation instructions (for updating to a newer release):
If you are already running my CM13.0 ROM, then you can update to a newer version of the ROM via the built-in OTA updater or by simply dirty-flashing the new ROM build without wiping anything. HOWEVER, do NOT reinstall Google Apps after installing a new update.
REQUIRES OXYGENOS 3.1.3/3.1.4 FIRMWARE!
TWRP (if you want to use encryption): http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=21072
Please read through the installation instructions before installing this for the first time.
Mirror 1: https://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=23895
Mirror 2: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=56844&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC
Google Apps: Platform: "ARM", Android: "6.0", Variant: "micro" or "nano" (I will not provide support if you install a different variant)
SuperSU (if you want root access): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1538053
Disable CPU underclock: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=21084
CM13.0 with fancy 3.4.0 kernel, ROM for the OnePlus X
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod
Status: No Longer Updated
Last Updated 2018-01-20