Development [EOL][ROM][OneUI 4.1] RayOS v4.1.3 for Galaxy A52 [SM-A525G/F]

Search This thread

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
RayOS v4.1.3 for Samsung Galaxy A52
OneUI 4.1 is released and so is RayOS. Not gonna lie, OneUI 4.1 seems pretty smooth. Good job Samsung.
Added a few things/fixes. Can't think of what to add next, will probably focus on better installation process.

Note: I will shift my focus to my S21 FE port from now on. Therefore, this ROM is now EOL
You can check out my S21FE port here:
RayOS S21 FE Port

Code:
Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about flashing this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. HARD!

Supported variants!
  • SM-A525F
  • SM-A525M

Features!
  • Based on January 2022 update (A525FXXS4BVA2)
  • Based on March 2022 update (A525FXXU4BVC2)
  • Allow screenshots on secure apps
  • Fixed Private Share and Secure Wifi
  • Secure Folder fixed
  • Outdoor mode added
  • Smart Widgets
  • Object, reflection and shadow eraser
  • Debloated
  • Edge Lighting fully enabled
  • Smart View fixed
  • Higher audio quality (Disabled DRC, which deeply compresses audio)
  • Disabled Samsung Marketing
  • High-End Animations (though I don't think this makes a lot of difference) (turns out, there actually is a slight difference in app opening/closing animation)
  • Enhanced pocessing (this also probably doesn't do anything, but give it a try)
  • CSC Features like:
    • Stock call recording
    • Speed meter on statusbar
    • Spam call blocker
  • Multiple users in settings
  • Added camera privacy toggle to remove camera access across apps
  • Added HDR10+ lines (improves effect in HDR content)
  • Added controlling watch (probably won't work)
  • Added optional AOD to clock animation. Avoid using it with FOD. You can disable it in the installer.

Sources!
I decided to show my work so to speak on GitHub. You can see the list of all the apps I removed and all the lines that were added to camera and floating features. Feel free to take a look and make pull requests if you want me to add something on potential future releases.

Bugs!
  • Samsung Health is also not working. The tima=0 fix doesn't work in Android 12. Some older versions have been reported to be working. You can download the working version of Samsung Health from here: https://adil.hanney.org/SamsungAppsPatcher/ (thanks to @SkylinesHD for pointing to this on his repo)
  • I included the March kernel in the installer. This is causing some problems with AOD. If you have this problem, install a custom kernel like riseKernel and you should be good. This is an interesting bug. Found out this bug only happens when you install any stock kernels from February and onward without flashing the whole firmware. It seems Samsung added changes to AOD outside of kernel and system. The reason riseKernel works in this case is because it's based on OneUI 4.0 (January) and does not depend on the extra changes Samsung added. So if you're facing this problem with stock kernel, either fully update your phone via Odin (Feb or March patch) or just install riseKernel
  • You tell me

Changelog!
  • 10/May/2022:
    • Fixed missing features when selecting no aod clock transition
    • Removed secure flag (allow screenshots on secure apps)
    • Added a standard and advanced installation option
  • 24/April/2022:
  • 05/March/2022:
    • Release based on March OneUI 4.1 (A525FXXU4BVC2)
    • Added Smart Widgets
    • Added object, shadow and reflection eraser
    • Added extra options in installer
    • Samsung's full changelog for OneUI 4.1 can be taken from https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-A525F/SER/doc.html
  • 08/February/2022: Release based on January security patch (A525FXXS4BVA2)

Links!

Prequisites
  • Update your phone to Android 12. This ROM doesn't work with Android 11 bootloader as of now.
  • OrangeFox build 11.1_2 for Android 12 installed
  • Being unencrypted (recommended)

Instructions!
  • Add zip to either internal memory or SD card
  • OPTIONAL but recommended: Format data. This will erase media too.
  • Flash zip via custom recovery
  • Be sure to select the option to install OneUI 4.1 first
  • After it's finished, reboot your phone to recovery and flash the zip again
  • This time in the installation, select the option to install RayOS 4.1
  • Follow instructions and make the selections based on your preference
  • REQUIRED: After the ROM installation is complete, flash Services_disabler_v1.3.zip
  • OPTIONAL: Flash riseKernel and Magisk
  • EXTRA STEP: After the ROM is booted for the first time, install the SecSettings Magisk Module. This includes edits to add Outdoor mode and removing a few useless options from it. Without it, you will not have these features
    • Why was it done this way? I don't know the specifics of it, but some edits mess with the app's signature (what does this mean? I don't care enough to know lol). All you need to know is that on some essential apps like SecSettings and SystemUI you can't just mess with its signature and expect Android to be ok with it so they die when you use these apps with modified signatures after you clean wipe your phone. This can be fixed by disabling signature check, but as of right now I don't have any guide on how to disable it on Android 12 xd. So for now, just use this Magisk module. After SecSettings runs for the first time, replacing it with a SecSettings with modified signature works, that's why it was done this way. Lazy? Yes.
  • OPTIONAL: Format data. This will erase media too.
  • Flash via custom recovery. If you get an error "can't get OMC path" during your installation just reboot to recovery and try again. This is a small bug with Dynamic Installer.
  • Wait a few minutes, pay attention to the screen after 5 minutes, because it will ask you if you want to install AOD to lockscreen clock animation.
  • Flash Services Disabler v1.3
  • (Recommended) Wipe data so you can begin with a clean installation
  • When installation is finished, just reboot to system
  • Total installation time can take up to 10 minutes

Credits!
@SuperR. For his Super R's Kitchen which you can find here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ap...dows-linux-superr-s-kitchen-v3-0-0-0-t3601702
@topjohnwu for Magisk
@geekmaster21 for compiling, updating and maintaining OrangeFox for A52
@BlassGO for dynamic installer, which makes this installation easy. You can find dynamic installer here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ler-stable-3-5-android-10-or-earlier.4279541/
@kirbynx for allowing me to use some aspects of her setup of Dynamic Installer and for the Samsung Services disabler.
@SkylinesHD for his continued work in the A72 scene and continuing to share his knowledge
@Doubt™ for doubting
@sameepkambli__ for creating the RayOS logo
@ricci206 for various fixes and mods posted here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mods-samsung-not-android-mods-collection-exynos.3772017/
@ Samsung for the firmware
@ To users like you!

If you feel I missed you, please give me a PM so I can add you

Attachments

• Services_disabler_v1.3.zip
    10 MB · Views: 386
  • 1649169996211.png
    1649169996211.png
    83.1 KB · Views: 287
  • 1649170049196.png
    1649170049196.png
    77.8 KB · Views: 283
  • 1649170070932.png
    1649170070932.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RayOS v4.1.3 for Samsung Galaxy A52
    OneUI 4.1 is released and so is RayOS. Not gonna lie, OneUI 4.1 seems pretty smooth. Good job Samsung.
    Added a few things/fixes. Can't think of what to add next, will probably focus on better installation process.

Note: I will shift my focus to my S21 FE port from now on. Therefore, this ROM is now EOL
    You can check out my S21FE port here:
    RayOS S21 FE Port

Code:
    Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about flashing this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. HARD!

Supported variants!
    • SM-A525F
    • SM-A525M

Features!
    • Based on January 2022 update (A525FXXS4BVA2)
    • Based on March 2022 update (A525FXXU4BVC2)
    • Allow screenshots on secure apps
    • Secure Folder fixed
    • Outdoor mode added
    • Smart Widgets
    • Object, reflection and shadow eraser
    • Debloated
    • Edge Lighting fully enabled
    • Smart View fixed
    • Higher audio quality (Disabled DRC, which deeply compresses audio)
    • Disabled Samsung Marketing
    • High-End Animations (though I don't think this makes a lot of difference) (turns out, there actually is a slight difference in app opening/closing animation)
    • Enhanced pocessing (this also probably doesn't do anything, but give it a try)
    • CSC Features like:
      • Stock call recording
      • Speed meter on statusbar
      • Spam call blocker
    • Multiple users in settings
    • Added camera privacy toggle to remove camera access across apps
    • Added HDR10+ lines (improves effect in HDR content)
    • Added controlling watch (probably won't work)
    • Added optional AOD to clock animation. Avoid using it with FOD. You can disable it in the installer.

Sources!
    I decided to show my work so to speak on GitHub. You can see the list of all the apps I removed and all the lines that were added to camera and floating features. Feel free to take a look and make pull requests if you want me to add something on potential future releases.

Bugs!
    • Samsung Health is also not working. The tima=0 fix doesn't work in Android 12. Some older versions have been reported to be working. You can download the working version of Samsung Health from here: https://adil.hanney.org/SamsungAppsPatcher/ (thanks to @SkylinesHD for pointing to this on his repo)
    • I included the March kernel in the installer. This is causing some problems with AOD. If you have this problem, install a custom kernel like riseKernel and you should be good. This is an interesting bug. Found out this bug only happens when you install any stock kernels from February and onward without flashing the whole firmware. It seems Samsung added changes to AOD outside of kernel and system. The reason riseKernel works in this case is because it's based on OneUI 4.0 (January) and does not depend on the extra changes Samsung added. So if you're facing this problem with stock kernel, either fully update your phone via Odin (Feb or March patch) or just install riseKernel
    • You tell me

Changelog!
    • 10/May/2022:
      • Fixed missing features when selecting no aod clock transition
      • Removed secure flag (allow screenshots on secure apps)
      • Added a standard and advanced installation option
    • 24/April/2022:
    • 05/March/2022:
      • Release based on March OneUI 4.1 (A525FXXU4BVC2)
      • Added Smart Widgets
      • Added object, shadow and reflection eraser
      • Added extra options in installer
      • Samsung's full changelog for OneUI 4.1 can be taken from https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-A525F/SER/doc.html
    • 08/February/2022: Release based on January security patch (A525FXXS4BVA2)

Links!

Prequisites
    • Update your phone to Android 12. This ROM doesn't work with Android 11 bootloader as of now.
    • OrangeFox build 11.1_2 for Android 12 installed
    • Being unencrypted (recommended)

Instructions!
    • OPTIONAL but recommended: Format data. This will erase media too.
    • Flash zip via custom recovery
    • Be sure to select the option to install OneUI 4.1 first
    • After it's finished, reboot your phone to recovery and flash the zip again
    • This time in the installation, select the option to install RayOS 4.1
    • Follow instructions and make the selections based on your preference
    • REQUIRED: After the ROM installation is complete, flash Services_disabler_v1.3.zip
    • OPTIONAL: Flash riseKernel and Magisk
    • EXTRA STEP: After the ROM is booted for the first time, install the SecSettings Magisk Module. This includes edits to add Outdoor mode and removing a few useless options from it. Without it, you will not have these features
      • Why was it done this way? I don't know the specifics of it, but some edits mess with the app's signature (what does this mean? I don't care enough to know lol). All you need to know is that on some essential apps like SecSettings and SystemUI you can't just mess with its signature and expect Android to be ok with it so they die when you use these apps with modified signatures after you clean wipe your phone. This can be fixed by disabling signature check, but as of right now I don't have any guide on how to disable it on Android 12 xd. So for now, just use this Magisk module. After SecSettings runs for the first time, replacing it with a SecSettings with modified signature works, that's why it was done this way. Lazy? Yes.
    • OPTIONAL: Format data. This will erase media too.
    • Flash via custom recovery. If you get an error "can't get OMC path" during your installation just reboot to recovery and try again. This is a small bug with Dynamic Installer.
    • Wait a few minutes, pay attention to the screen after 5 minutes, because it will ask you if you want to install AOD to lockscreen clock animation.
    • Flash Services Disabler v1.3
    • (Recommended) Wipe data so you can begin with a clean installation
    • When installation is finished, just reboot to system
    • Total installation time can take up to 10 minutes

Credits!
    @SuperR. For his Super R's Kitchen which you can find here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ap...dows-linux-superr-s-kitchen-v3-0-0-0-t3601702
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @geekmaster21 for compiling, updating and maintaining OrangeFox for A52
    @BlassGO for dynamic installer, which makes this installation easy. You can find dynamic installer here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ler-stable-3-5-android-10-or-earlier.4279541/
    @kirbynx for allowing me to use some aspects of her setup of Dynamic Installer and for the Samsung Services disabler.
    @SkylinesHD for his continued work in the A72 scene and continuing to share his knowledge
    @Doubt™ for doubting
    @sameepkambli__ for creating the RayOS logo
    @ricci206 for various fixes and mods posted here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mods-samsung-not-android-mods-collection-exynos.3772017/
    @ Samsung for the firmware
    @ To users like you!

If you feel I missed you, please give me a PM so I can add you
    RayOS v4.1.3 released with a small fix :)
    See details on OP
    We finally did it. We have DeX fully working on A52. Full S21 FE port coming soon...

photo_2022-06-06_07-03-40.jpg
    ROM port from the S21 FE! That would be a fantastic port!
    That's what it is, S21 FE Port. We're testing it to make sure there are no bugs. Will be released here soon.
    RayOS v4.1 is released. You can find the information on the OP