My Unoffical Resurrection Remix Nougat
(LuisROM) for Xiaomi Redmi 4X (Santoni)
(LuisROM) for Xiaomi Redmi 4X (Santoni)
*** Disclamer /* * Your warranty is now void. * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. * */
This is a unofficial Resurrection Remix Nougat V5.8.5 based on LineageOS.
This is a ROM that works on Xiaomi Redmi 4X (santoni) only! This ROM comes with a highly-customized kernel, as well as some other very custom modifications.
I will NOT provide support if you install a custom kernel!
It's time to say goodbye to nougat. I am going to discontinue the development of the RR Nougat LuisROM for the oneplus3, oneplus5t, santoni and mido at the end of this month. Unfortunately, I do not have enough time to maintain two Custom ROMs for each device in my spare time. I will intensify my work on the oreo versions of LuisROMs that are already available. The time for the switch is now.
For the Samsung Galaxy Tabs and Notes (na1wifi, chagalllte, chagallwifi, klimtlte, klimtwifi) I will continue to offer the RR Nougat LuisROM at least for some more months.
I had troubles to find current builds for my devices so I decided to make regular builds for my devices. When my friends told me about similar problems, I extended the builds to include their devices as well. So these builds were and are mainly for my friends and me, but I finally decided to provide them also for public download.
Unofficial Resurrection Remix the ROM (LuisROMs) an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.
My buildserver automatically creates a new nightly build every second day from the current sources (RR, LineageOS, AOSP) and my personal repositories, even if nothing has changed in the changelog. The RR Updater informs you about new OTA updates. You can also download my nightlys via the RR OTA Updater.
Sometimes I get a lot of help or feature requests from users of my LuisROMs. My dog Luis and I try to fulfill most of the wishes, but that is not always possible. I do that as a little hobby and Luis does not always want to build ROMs . Please understand if I can not always answer directly.
ROM-Review from Koogly on YouTube:
- Based off latest Resurrection Remix Oreo / LOS 15.1 sources
- Latest security patches and sources
- RR OTA Updater
- Compatible with EX Kernel Manager
- Fast fingerprint unlock
- Signature Spoofing (microG Support)
- Build in MIUI Camera
- Build in Oneplus Gallery (OP3)
- Many other misc. performance and stability improvements under the hood
Kernel: Linux 3.18.x Kernel from rainforce279 (clarity kernel) source with many mods other devs and me (thanks for your incredible work!)
- Removed lots of excessive bloat (improves security and performance)
- Improved stability (several bugs not listed here have been fixed)
- Optimized for performance and battery life
- Using Official XIAOMI Patch.
- Based on CAF "LA.UM.6.6.r1-08300-89xx.0" for OREO
- Camera rebase CAF TAG "LA.UM.5.6.r1-06300-89xx.0" for MIUI/Nougat
- Video encode/decode rebased CAF TAG "LA.UM.5.6.r1-06900-89xx.0" for MIUI/Nougat
- support Doubletap2Wake / Sweep2Wake Gesture.
- KCAL colour control & Backlight Dimmer
- added latest alucard, nightmare, darkness, cultivation, ironactive, clarity cpu Governors.
- added Zen, SIO i/o scheduler (CFQ as Default).
- set default compression zram to Lz4.
- Support and updated F2FS Filesystem (only on AOSP Nougat/Oreo)
- Overclocked CPU frequencies (BIG CPU upto 1.57GHz, LITTLE CPU upto 1.2GHz).
- added custom hotplug AutoSMP and AIO (default core control by CAF)
- added ExFat and NTFS Filesystem support
- added TTL target Support
- Boeffla Wakelock blocker driver V1.1.0
- Compatible with systemless root
- No placebo patches, features, or dangerous compiler "optimizations"
- Many other misc. improvements not listed here
- Sound control driver from @flar2 (elementalx) (You can use the Kernel Auditor app or the EX Kernel Manager app to control the speaker, headphone and mic gain. )
- WireGuard support, a next generation secure VPN tunnel (more info)
- TWRP of course (https://dl.twrp.me/santoni/)
- Required firmware latest oreo firmware. Flash in TWRP before flashing ROM base (Download here!)
- Magisk can also be used just make sure you flash it after a first successful boot (after passed setup screen)
First time installation:
- Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
- Flash recovery (TWRP) downloaded from above link and boot to recovery
- Wipe system, data, cache and format data, then reboot to TWRP
- Copy ROM base and Gapps, then flash them in TWRP
- Reboot and enjoy
- Download latest build with LuisROM RR Updater App (Settings > Configurations menu)
- Boot to TWRP and make a backup
- Flash updated ROM base
- Reboot and enjoy
- R4X Santoni builds "RR-N-v5.8.5-2018XXXX-santoni-Luis.zip": http://luis-builds.de/downloads/lineageos/rr/Xiaomi_Redmi_4X_(santoni)/
- R4X Santoni firmware: http://luis-builds.de/downloads/lineageos/rr/Xiaomi_Redmi_4X_(santoni)/Firmware/
- R4X kernel updates/fixes: http://luis-builds.de/downloads/lineageos/rr/Xiaomi_Redmi_4X_(santoni)/LuisKERNEL/
- My other devices: http://luis-builds.de/downloads/lineageos/rr/
- Download OpenGapps: http://opengapps.org
- Flash latest TWRP: https://dl.twrp.me/santoni/
- Official RR-Team: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix/android_vendor_resurrection/blob/nougat/CHANGELOG.mkdn
- LineageOS: https://www.lineageoslog.com/14.1
- Developer: http://luis-builds.de/downloads/lineageos/rr/Xiaomi_Redmi_4X_(santoni)/RR-N-Changelog.mkdn
- Build: Latest RR-N-v5.8.5-2018XXXX-santoni-Luis-Changelog.txt
Special thanks to Teams:
- LineageOS team: https://www.lineageos.org
- Resurrection Remix OS Team: http://www.resurrectionremix.com/
- OMNI team https://omnirom.org/about/
- SLIMROMS https://slimroms.org/#/about
- topjohnwu (Magisk) https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk
Thanks to the best devs on earth:
- francokernel (https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=3292224)
- sultanxda (https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=4800121)
- flar2 (https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=4684315)
- nvertigo67 (URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=4405529"]https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=4405529[/URL])
- nathanchance (https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=6842057)
- eng.stk (https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=3873953)
- andip71 aka Lord Boeffla (https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=947981)
- MSF Jarvis (https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=6552280)
- zx2c4 for the wireguard vpn ROM Integration (https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/wireguard-rom-integration-t3711635)
- mcdachpappe (https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=7030109)
- rainforce279 (https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=5250109)
- Nik001 (https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=6569827)
- mostafaz (https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=5175597)
- and of course to all the supporters.
Thanks for the Sources/Blobs/Tweaks
- Resurrection Remix OS (https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix)
- LineageOS (https://github.com/LineageOS)
- TheMuppets (https://github.com/TheMuppets)
- TheScarastic (https://github.com/TheScarastic)
- TeamButter (https://github.com/TeamButter)
- FraEgg (me) (https://github.com/FraEgg)