(LuisROM) for Xiaomi Redmi 4X (Santoni)
device.png
Code:
*** Disclamer
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

This is a unofficial Resurrection Remix Nougat V5.8.5 based on LineageOS.

This is a ROM that works on Xiaomi Redmi 4X (santoni) only! This ROM comes with a highly-customized kernel, as well as some other very custom modifications.

I will NOT provide support if you install a custom kernel!

Changelogs: http://luis-builds.de/downloads/lineageos/rr/Xiaomi_Redmi_4X_(santoni)/RR-N-Changelog.mkdn

Introduction

Hello Friends!

It's time to say goodbye to nougat. I am going to discontinue the development of the RR Nougat LuisROM for the oneplus3, oneplus5t, santoni and mido at the end of this month. Unfortunately, I do not have enough time to maintain two Custom ROMs for each device in my spare time. I will intensify my work on the oreo versions of LuisROMs that are already available. The time for the switch is now.

For the Samsung Galaxy Tabs and Notes (na1wifi, chagalllte, chagallwifi, klimtlte, klimtwifi) I will continue to offer the RR Nougat LuisROM at least for some more months.

I had troubles to find current builds for my devices so I decided to make regular builds for my devices. When my friends told me about similar problems, I extended the builds to include their devices as well. So these builds were and are mainly for my friends and me, but I finally decided to provide them also for public download.

Unofficial Resurrection Remix the ROM (LuisROMs) an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

My Buildserver
My buildserver automatically creates a new nightly build every second day from the current sources (RR, LineageOS, AOSP) and my personal repositories, even if nothing has changed in the changelog. The RR Updater informs you about new OTA updates. You can also download my nightlys via the RR OTA Updater.

Notice
Sometimes I get a lot of help or feature requests from users of my LuisROMs. My dog Luis and I try to fulfill most of the wishes, but that is not always possible. I do that as a little hobby and Luis does not always want to build ROMs :). Please understand if I can not always answer directly.

ROM-Review from Koogly on YouTube:

ROM features:
  • Based off latest Resurrection Remix Oreo / LOS 15.1 sources
  • Latest security patches and sources
  • RR OTA Updater
  • Compatible with EX Kernel Manager
  • Fast fingerprint unlock
  • Signature Spoofing (microG Support)
  • Build in MIUI Camera
  • Build in Oneplus Gallery (OP3)
  • Many other misc. performance and stability improvements under the hood

Kernel: Linux 3.18.x Kernel from rainforce279 (clarity kernel) source with many mods other devs and me (thanks for your incredible work!)
  • Removed lots of excessive bloat (improves security and performance)
  • Improved stability (several bugs not listed here have been fixed)
  • Optimized for performance and battery life
  • Using Official XIAOMI Patch.
  • Based on CAF "LA.UM.6.6.r1-08300-89xx.0" for OREO
  • Camera rebase CAF TAG "LA.UM.5.6.r1-06300-89xx.0" for MIUI/Nougat
  • Video encode/decode rebased CAF TAG "LA.UM.5.6.r1-06900-89xx.0" for MIUI/Nougat
  • support Doubletap2Wake / Sweep2Wake Gesture.
  • KCAL colour control & Backlight Dimmer
  • added latest alucard, nightmare, darkness, cultivation, ironactive, clarity cpu Governors.
  • added Zen, SIO i/o scheduler (CFQ as Default).
  • set default compression zram to Lz4.
  • Support and updated F2FS Filesystem (only on AOSP Nougat/Oreo)
  • Overclocked CPU frequencies (BIG CPU upto 1.57GHz, LITTLE CPU upto 1.2GHz).
  • added custom hotplug AutoSMP and AIO (default core control by CAF)
  • added ExFat and NTFS Filesystem support
  • added TTL target Support
  • Boeffla Wakelock blocker driver V1.1.0
  • Compatible with systemless root
  • No placebo patches, features, or dangerous compiler "optimizations"
  • Many other misc. improvements not listed here
  • Sound control driver from @flar2 (elementalx) (You can use the Kernel Auditor app or the EX Kernel Manager app to control the speaker, headphone and mic gain. )
  • WireGuard support, a next generation secure VPN tunnel (more info)

Installation instructions:
Pre-installation:
  • TWRP of course (https://dl.twrp.me/santoni/)
  • Required firmware latest oreo firmware. Flash in TWRP before flashing ROM base (Download here!)
  • Magisk can also be used just make sure you flash it after a first successful boot (after passed setup screen)

First time installation:
  • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
  • Flash recovery (TWRP) downloaded from above link and boot to recovery
  • Wipe system, data, cache and format data, then reboot to TWRP
  • Copy ROM base and Gapps, then flash them in TWRP
  • Reboot and enjoy

Update installation:
  • Download latest build with LuisROM RR Updater App (Settings > Configurations menu)
  • Boot to TWRP and make a backup
  • Flash updated ROM base
  • Reboot and enjoy

Download

Changelog

Telegram group:

Thanks To/Credits

Special thanks to Teams:

Thanks to the best devs on earth:

Thanks for the Sources/Blobs/Tweaks

My Sources/Blobs/Tweaks

Last edited:

8224Freak

May 6, 2017
Berlin
Wait for review and comparison between the official's

No Problem :) I have many users for my oneplus3 luis-builds (80.000 downloads/month) an now i am port some features from my oneplus 3 luis-builds to xiaomi redmi 4x. it is one of my personal device ;)

Currently I'm trying to bring sultanxda's kernel thermal driver to the xiaomi. this has brought about 20% more battery power for oneplus 3.

See my oneplus3 threat: https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...3-op3t-unofficial-resurrection-remix-t3649591

Cu Frank

redzha21

Nov 29, 2014
No Problem :) I have many users for my oneplus3 luis-builds (80.000 downloads/month) an now i am port some features from my oneplus 3 luis-builds to xiaomi redmi 4x. it is one of my personal device ;)

Currently I'm trying to bring sultanxda's kernel thermal driver to the xiaomi. this has brought about 20% more battery power for oneplus 3.

See my oneplus3 threat: https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...3-op3t-unofficial-resurrection-remix-t3649591

Cu Frank

Wow great! Does the quick charge works?

akkowicz

Jul 28, 2017
Flashed ROM a while ago, everything is really stable and working nicely.
I've sent PR allowing performance cores to sleep when idle and enable Camera2 API (didn't notice, that it's already enabled, sorry).

edall

Feb 13, 2011
Flashed ROM a while ago, everything is really stable and working nicely.
I've sent PR allowing performance cores to sleep when idle and enable Camera2 API (didn't notice, that it's already enabled, sorry).

No need to use camera2api enabler magisk module then?

dewandaru

Jan 30, 2016
Picture camera

Hi i just install this ROM and just know that there is no any option to save the picture from camera to sd card. Or i miss something?Anybody know how to save to sd card?thanks

tjengo

Oct 23, 2010
Do we get November security patch?
I love this rom. Installed yesterday and it's really snappy, maybe also due to latest firmware. Battery backup seems good to me. 30% left and almost 6h SOT, but didn't charge yet.

Cheers

Gesendet von meinem Redmi 4X mit Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My Unoffical Resurrection Remix Nougat
    (LuisROM) for Xiaomi Redmi 4X (Santoni)
    device.png
    Code:
    *** Disclamer
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

This is a unofficial Resurrection Remix Nougat V5.8.5 based on LineageOS.

This is a ROM that works on Xiaomi Redmi 4X (santoni) only! This ROM comes with a highly-customized kernel, as well as some other very custom modifications.

I will NOT provide support if you install a custom kernel!

Changelogs: http://luis-builds.de/downloads/lineageos/rr/Xiaomi_Redmi_4X_(santoni)/RR-N-Changelog.mkdn

Introduction

Hello Friends!

It's time to say goodbye to nougat. I am going to discontinue the development of the RR Nougat LuisROM for the oneplus3, oneplus5t, santoni and mido at the end of this month. Unfortunately, I do not have enough time to maintain two Custom ROMs for each device in my spare time. I will intensify my work on the oreo versions of LuisROMs that are already available. The time for the switch is now.

For the Samsung Galaxy Tabs and Notes (na1wifi, chagalllte, chagallwifi, klimtlte, klimtwifi) I will continue to offer the RR Nougat LuisROM at least for some more months.

I had troubles to find current builds for my devices so I decided to make regular builds for my devices. When my friends told me about similar problems, I extended the builds to include their devices as well. So these builds were and are mainly for my friends and me, but I finally decided to provide them also for public download.

Unofficial Resurrection Remix the ROM (LuisROMs) an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

My Buildserver
    My buildserver automatically creates a new nightly build every second day from the current sources (RR, LineageOS, AOSP) and my personal repositories, even if nothing has changed in the changelog. The RR Updater informs you about new OTA updates. You can also download my nightlys via the RR OTA Updater.

Notice
    Sometimes I get a lot of help or feature requests from users of my LuisROMs. My dog Luis and I try to fulfill most of the wishes, but that is not always possible. I do that as a little hobby and Luis does not always want to build ROMs :). Please understand if I can not always answer directly.

ROM-Review from Koogly on YouTube:

ROM features:
    • Based off latest Resurrection Remix Oreo / LOS 15.1 sources
    • Latest security patches and sources
    • RR OTA Updater
    • Compatible with EX Kernel Manager
    • Fast fingerprint unlock
    • Signature Spoofing (microG Support)
    • Build in MIUI Camera
    • Build in Oneplus Gallery (OP3)
    • Many other misc. performance and stability improvements under the hood

Kernel: Linux 3.18.x Kernel from rainforce279 (clarity kernel) source with many mods other devs and me (thanks for your incredible work!)
    • Removed lots of excessive bloat (improves security and performance)
    • Improved stability (several bugs not listed here have been fixed)
    • Optimized for performance and battery life
    • Using Official XIAOMI Patch.
    • Based on CAF "LA.UM.6.6.r1-08300-89xx.0" for OREO
    • Camera rebase CAF TAG "LA.UM.5.6.r1-06300-89xx.0" for MIUI/Nougat
    • Video encode/decode rebased CAF TAG "LA.UM.5.6.r1-06900-89xx.0" for MIUI/Nougat
    • support Doubletap2Wake / Sweep2Wake Gesture.
    • KCAL colour control & Backlight Dimmer
    • added latest alucard, nightmare, darkness, cultivation, ironactive, clarity cpu Governors.
    • added Zen, SIO i/o scheduler (CFQ as Default).
    • set default compression zram to Lz4.
    • Support and updated F2FS Filesystem (only on AOSP Nougat/Oreo)
    • Overclocked CPU frequencies (BIG CPU upto 1.57GHz, LITTLE CPU upto 1.2GHz).
    • added custom hotplug AutoSMP and AIO (default core control by CAF)
    • added ExFat and NTFS Filesystem support
    • added TTL target Support
    • Boeffla Wakelock blocker driver V1.1.0
    • Compatible with systemless root
    • No placebo patches, features, or dangerous compiler "optimizations"
    • Many other misc. improvements not listed here
    • Sound control driver from @flar2 (elementalx) (You can use the Kernel Auditor app or the EX Kernel Manager app to control the speaker, headphone and mic gain. )
    • WireGuard support, a next generation secure VPN tunnel (more info)

Installation instructions:
    Pre-installation:
    • TWRP of course (https://dl.twrp.me/santoni/)
    • Required firmware latest oreo firmware. Flash in TWRP before flashing ROM base (Download here!)
    • Magisk can also be used just make sure you flash it after a first successful boot (after passed setup screen)

First time installation:
    • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
    • Flash recovery (TWRP) downloaded from above link and boot to recovery
    • Wipe system, data, cache and format data, then reboot to TWRP
    • Copy ROM base and Gapps, then flash them in TWRP
    • Reboot and enjoy

Update installation:
    • Download latest build with LuisROM RR Updater App (Settings > Configurations menu)
    • Boot to TWRP and make a backup
    • Flash updated ROM base
    • Reboot and enjoy

Download

Changelog

Telegram group:

Thanks To/Credits

Special thanks to Teams:

Thanks to the best devs on earth:

Thanks for the Sources/Blobs/Tweaks

My Sources/Blobs/Tweaks
    Wait for review and comparison between the official's

Cu Frank
    My unofficial RR Oreo LuisROM (beta) for testing...

Hello Guys,

this weekend I finally managed to develop my RR Oreo LuisROM. It is now available as a beta version. After a few hours of use, it works very well.

Phone, Camera, WiFi, Fingerprint and IR is working fine.

Have fun!

Download: http://luis-builds.de/downloads/pre...180304-santoni-Unofficial-LuisROM-beta-V2.zip

New Build: http://luis-builds.de/downloads/lin...-20180304-santoni-Unofficial-beta-LuisROM.zip

Tested with V33 Firmware: http://luis-builds.de/downloads/lin...ntoni)/HM4X_fw_8.3.1glob_dev_baseband_v33.zip

More Infos and Changelog for this and next release: https://github.com/FraEgg/Changelogs/blob/oreo/rr-xiaomi-r4x.md

Cu Frank
    I have been trying to do some more debugging of the battery drain issue, without success. I upgraded to Oreo 20180413, which didn't fix it (in fact it made it worse!). dpmd/msm_irqbalance are *still* corrupted and had to be manually patched. Now there are two more issues, which have already been reported by other users prior to this post (i.e. the buildstamp mismatch warning and the screen rounded corners, which seem to have been intended as a feature but it's annoying if you don't have the option to turn it off or on).

I decided to install several diagnostics applications, namely BetterBatteryStats and WakeLockDetector. With the latter I found out that the "sensor_ind" kernel wakelock was going haywire. Thankfully with Clarity's boeffla wakelock blocker (and Kernel Adiutor's support for custom settings) I was able to block this nasty wakelock; however this still didn't fix the battery drain. Speaking of Clarity, it looks like a new version (v3.1) just came out. I have flashed it, however that still didn't solve the battery drain. It looks like there are no more wakelocks preventing deep sleep, however it turns out that system_server (aka Android System) is always using nearly 100% CPU usage of a single core, even during sleep! In fact, in the processes tab in BetterBatteryStats you can see how it is the #1 CPU user, by a wide margin. What seems very weird to me is that nearly all CPU time in this process is spent in kernel mode (not in user mode!), which is very strange.

I decided to delve deeper in debugging this issue. I tried using debugging tools from the Android SDK. After a small detour with Magisk's resetprop (ro.debuggable needs to be set to 1 *and* the system server must be restarted), I used Dalvik Debug Monitor Server on system_server, and even did some profiling, which was pretty inconclusive. The function calling stats don't really show anything clear. If all, it seems like either Wifi-related sensors, or PocketService-related sensors might be going haywire somewhere. I have tried Airplane mode - didn't work. The Alarms page in BBS led me into suspecting that sensors might still be the culprit of battery drain, however I have every single sensor related thing turned off, including pocket detection, location, ambient display; and I tried turning off adaptive brightness - also didn't work. I got to the point where I tried to use GDB to debug native code, and after some messing around with gdbserver I got it to actually attach to the system_service process, and I could see that the thread that was hogging down the CPU was... the main thread. The one whose only purpose is to pump and dispatch messages... also inconclusive. In fact it was sitting at the epoll_wait Linux syscall. Other threads were likewise sitting at apparently innocuous syscalls like binder_thread_read. Speaking of binders, sometimes a binder thread also gets to burn the CPU, although I haven't been able to find a way to translate the likes of "Binder:5385_E" to an actual readable Android binder interface name. Also let me point out that this ROM ships with the 32-bit (AArch32) version of gdbserver and I had to copy over the 64-bit (AArch64) version of it in order for debugging to work (otherwise it would crash the system server process!).

At this point I am getting pretty desperate. I have tried doing many different things, including disabling Google Play Services, clearing out Settings, Dalvik cache, clearing out network settings, clearing out Google Services data, nothing has worked at all and I'm still stuck with system_server consuming 100% CPU. I dread ending up having to wipe my data and starting over. I would really want to avoid this. If anybody has any idea of what else to try (and what else to debug), please let me know.

Currently my suspicion is that somehow the sensor driver blobs in the kernel are acting up, however I have no way to confirm or debug this. May I add that my baseband version is V032_PA. In the LuisROM download page there seems to be a V030, a V033 and a V035 for download, however there seems to be (?) all sorts of confusion related to baseband versions and bigger numbers may actually not be newer?? It's confusing. The "FIRMWARES" topic here on xda is even more confusing, with firmware versions going into the 50s! Oh, and my Redmi 4X is the Global Version (3GB/32GB); i.e. the one that has band 20 for Europe. Apparently an user earlier in this thread claimed that similar system_server related battery drain issues were fixed after flashing baseband, however I have no way to tell if flashing e.g. V035 is safe or even compatible with my particular model of Santoni.

DonSanches' post has made me realize that the official RR Oreo build for Santoni has a bunch of new commits in android_device_xiaomi_santoni that haven't been merged into the LuisROM branch, including one commit which seems to rename ft5x06_ts.kl back to ft5x06_720p.kl in order to apparently fix the Recents app button issue (and others?). There also seem to be many power management related commits in the official branch, including something related to Doze. Could this be it?! It would be great anyway if this stuff could be merged into the Luis branch.

It's all very sad, because prior to the battery drain bug I could easily get around 4 days of runtime without a charge, and now I barely make it to a day an a half.
    New oreo ota build for Xiaomi Redmi 4x is out:

Link:

http://luis-builds.de/downloads/lin...0-20180402-santoni-Unofficial-LuisROM-ota.zip

====================
    04-02-2018
    ====================

* build/make/
    45c1e22 core: remove duplicated boot jars
    af84f24 Introduce non-preopt boot jars
    42fbef0 build: Introduce SubstratumService
    4dab615 Only warn on LOCAL_CLANG set to false

* device/qcom/common/
    6e48da0 Remove QC releasetools and recovery extensions

* frameworks/base/
    e55f2a2 Merge branch 'upstream-rr-oreo' into oreo-luis
    e935e05 Themes: Fix theming Qs expand/collapse drawable
    a4a9a68 SystemUI: Reload more assets on overlay change
    50477a8 base: Introduce SubstratumService
    6e0b09f OMS: Add back overlay modified callback implementation
    a3a3b91 OMS: StrictMode and files under /data/system/theme/
    7c586a9 Hold "volume up" during boot to disable all overlays
    0ce8d7c ThemeSafety: Introduce App Crash Intent
    080c025 ApplicationsState: add filter for Substratum overlays [2/2]
    e0c145b Extras: Add dynamic theme fonts support for O
    8a2ba06 Extras: Add dynamic theme sound effects support
    ed076c3 Extras: Add dynamic theme shutdown and boot animation support
    6e6cd56 OMS: Dismantle FLAG_OVERLAY_TRUSTED check in isOverlayPackage
    cf917b0 Revert "Revert "OMS: Only allow trusted overlays to be registered.""

* hardware/qcom/audio-caf/msm8996/
    debddcf Merge branch 'upstream-los-lineage-15.1-caf-8996' into lineage-15.1-caf-8996

* hardware/qcom/media-caf/msm8952/
    63c9787 Revert "media: Adjust for new header Android.bp requirements"

* kernel/xiaomi/msm8937/
    7c8e8c0 Merge branch 'upstream-ck-AOSP-8.1' into oreo-luis-ck
    411db7b staging: prima: merge LA.UM.6.6.r1-07200-89xx.0
    e3d7ee5 Revert "msm: camera: Bypass redundant creation of video node in stereo"
    9507bd5 Merge tag 'LA.UM.6.6.r1-07200-89xx.0' into AOSP/8.1
    9cfdbc8 msm: camera_v2: remove specific Xiaomi changes
    87fdcc5 msm: camera_v2: selection Xiaomi kernel changes for Redmi 4/4X
    f5cab3a msm: camera_v2: back to original stack for Oreo.
    5743833 Merge branch 'upstream-ck-AOSP-8.1' into oreo-luis-ck

* lineage-sdk/
    9d663a3 Revert "Revert "lineage-sdk: Update the way OMS records details about overlays""

* packages/apps/Settings/
    a7f7863 Settings: Introduce Substratum changes.
    b85defe Revert "Revert "Update the way OMS records details about overlays""
    7687152 RR: add new osprey maintainer name

* system/sepolicy/
    47034fd Merge branch 'o' of https://github.com/SubstratumResources/platform_system_sepolicy into HEAD

====================
    04-01-2018
    ====================

* external/f2fs-tools/
    ffcf3fa Merge branch 'master' of https://android.googlesource.com/platform/external/f2fs-tools into HEAD

* hardware/qcom/media-caf/msm8952/
    b349c61 fix circular dependency libnativewindow <-> libui
    15e3873 media: Adjust for new header Android.bp requirements

* kernel/xiaomi/msm8937/
    aab5725 ARM64: configs: santoni: update v2.8 AOSP 8.1.x
    560c525 ARM64: configs: santoni: enable AIO hotplug.
    f615065 ARM64: AIO_hotplug: disable core control when AIO hotplug enabled
    c662510 ARM64: AIO_hotplug: completely destroy workqueue when stoped
    ab0c008 ARM64: AIO_hotplug: simplify scheduling queue
    31838d4 ARM64: AIO_hotplug: return with reclaim memory when failed
    88f6276 ARM64: kernel: import AIO hotplug
    a48471f ARM64: AutoSMP: separate tunable for each cluster
    87bfdd7 ARM64: AutoSMP: bring back panel scroff_single_core
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android