• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[EOL][ROM][STABLE][TW][6.0.1][CPHA][01.10.16][SM-G901F] StockRom V2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter White

Dec 11, 2012
Hi, had the same problem (lost root after security guidelines). Tried to flash Cf autoroot 4 times without success; and lost the twrp recovery while trying.
Finally i flashed twrp in Odin, then reinstalled the rom without wiping anything. Everything is working again (rooted). It's a simple solution.
But i'm afraid the security guidelines update will come again...

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

PS: don't know if it's related but ES explorer tells me (although i'm rooted) my device is not rooted...it did it before (root explorer in ES never worked since Stock Rom 2.0)
Thank you for your answer.

I thought that there is maybe a simpler solution to get root back?

I restored a twrp backup and it now works fine again. Also I disabled the security guidelines autoupdate now [emoji2]

alecutzzu

Feb 7, 2011
Bucharest
Hi, had the same problem (lost root after security guidelines). Tried to flash Cf autoroot 4 times without success; and lost the twrp recovery while trying.
Finally i flashed twrp in Odin, then reinstalled the rom without wiping anything. Everything is working again (rooted). It's a simple solution.
But i'm afraid the security guidelines update will come again...

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

PS: don't know if it's related but ES explorer tells me (although i'm rooted) my device is not rooted...it did it before (root explorer in ES never worked since Stock Rom 2.0)
Same here. Es explorer dont work with root

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

UppGr4de

Nov 29, 2008
It also won't let me use the fingerprint unless I update "security policy"...but as mentioned above if I update that I loose root access...I think. Is there a workaround?

Is there a "unified storage" option in this build if you have an sd card?

Last edited:

willy_m

Mar 18, 2010
Hi everyone!

I've just installed this ROM and it seems working fine. Thanks for it.
Is there a working S6 launcher for this ROM?
I've tried to replace the original Touchwiz apk with the Touchwiz_Zero from Albe95 but it doesn't work.
I think it was made for Lollipop not Marshmallow.
Thanks for your help in advance.

putti71

Nov 19, 2009
Sorry, this is probably not the right thread to ask, but I hope to get some help anyway.
A few days before I posted a Screenshot of my battery stats, which show around 5.3 % an hour of battery usage.
Now, I am losing around 14 percent, I was just reading online and lost around 10 percent in half an hour

Perhaps someone understands and can explain, please

Regards

Gesendet von meinem SM-G901F mit Tapatalk

muhash

Mar 15, 2015
Sorry, this is probably not the right thread to ask, but I hope to get some help anyway.
A few days before I posted a Screenshot of my battery stats, which show around 5.3 % an hour of battery usage.
Now, I am losing around 14 percent, I was just reading online and lost around 10 percent in half an hour

Regards

I don't use battery stats so I don't know what that stuff means but I would try and find what you do differently (or have done to your device). If it's nothing new then its probably google play services acting up, try re-flashing the system

Last edited:
Reactions: putti71

notillas

Dec 3, 2013

Regards

The most important screen is "alarms", can you put a capture?

Reactions: putti71
Status
Not open for further replies.