This thread is discontinued - please visit the LineageOS 18.1 sucessor thread This thread aims at providing LineageOS 17.1 builds for the Sony Xperia Z1 compact with current security patches.
You can consider this thread as a successor of our LineageOS 16.0 thread, where you may also find some useful information.
This is the joint effort of 115ek and MSe1969 (contributions welcome).
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot. * */
We offer two build variants:
A. Standard LineageOS 17.1 build
This build flavor aims at providing LineageOS 17.1 "as is" with most recent security patches.
If you want to install Google Apps (GApps) you have to use this build variant.
GApps are optional, of course. The smaller the GApps package, the better (pico). If you want "Okay google" support you need at least nano.
Just check the package comparison to see what fits your needs.
B. Pre-installed microG build variant with additional security patches
For the security/privacy focused (more details about below feature list, see here)
- Pre-installed microG and F-Droid same as the LineageOS for microG project
- Pre-installed AuroraStore
- eSpeak TTS engine (FOSS TTS solution)
- Bromite as default browser
- Additional security hardening features listed below
- Cloudflare as default fallback DNS (instead of Google)
- Privacy-preferred default settings
- Optional blocking of Facebook- and Google-Tracking (Settings - Network & Internet)
- Optional disable captive portal detection or choose from various providers (default is GrapheneOS and not Google; Settings - Network & Internet)
- Increased max. password length of 64
- No submission of IMSI/phone number to Google/Sony when GPS is in use
- Default hosts file with many blocked ad/tracking sites
- Privacy-enhanced Bromite SystemWebView
- Extra control of sensor access for additionally installed user apps (Special access under app permissions)
- Firewall (control internet access per app - under Trust)
- Constified JNI method tables
List template by AdrianDC
- Partitions (Data, Cache) : Ext4 and F2FS supported - Bluetooth : Ok - WiFi : Ok - WiFi Hotspot : Ok - RIL - Phone - Data : Ok - GPS : Ok - Camera : Ok - Camcorder : Ok - Lights : Ok - MicroSD : Ok - Accelerometer : Ok - Compass : Ok - Gyroscope : Ok - Touchscreen : Ok - FM Radio : Ok (mono) - ANT+ : Ok - Vibrator : Ok - Microphone : Ok - Audio & music : Ok - Bluetooth audio : Ok - MHL: broken - NFC : Ok - Kernel : Ok - Graphics : Ok - 3D Rendering : Ok - Clock : Ok - Offline Charging : Ok - USB : Ok - USB OTG : Ok - Encryption : Ok - SEPolicies : enforcing
DownloadFollowing limitations are known:
- NFC-HCE does not work (needed for example for google pay)
- FM does not work in stereo mode (mono works fine, though)
- MHL does not work
5 GHz hotspot does not work (2.4 GHz hotspot works fine)(5 GHz option disabled with 2020-03-11 build as it isn't even available on stock)
GPS gets wrong time due to GPS week rollover since 3rd November 2019 (of importance when you record GPS tracks for example).fixed with 20200520 build
- Using GApps AND encrypting the device may result in bootloops. More infos here.
- Standard Trebuchet Launcher shows small artifacts in the fonts of app names in some situations.
What about root access?
Root isn't included per default (except root over adb, but it's off by default).
If you want to gain root access to your apps use magisk (everything > 20.4 is broken):
ANT+ isn't working?
You need the 2 apps:
This refers to those instructions which worked for me
- Go to Apps & Notifications -> See All Apps
- Select 'ANT Radio Service'
- Select Permissions
- Select Additional permissions
- Slide switch to allow using of ANT hardware
I've got problems AND have magisk/exposed installed
We won't support anything related to magisk/exposed/other heavily system modifying things.
If you're encountering problems please make sure you're using a clean installation (at most gapps) to verify/reproduce the issue.
- SpiritCroc: big thanks to him for maintaining the device trees and a lot of very useful hints
- NeoArian: also big thanks to him
- munjeni: thanks for tips and tricks
- nailyk: thanks for tips and tricks
- All the other contributors on sony msm8974 platform
- LineageOS team
Lineage OS 17.1 for Xperia Z1 compact - amami, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
115ek, MSe1969, SpiritCroc, NeoArian, drakonizer, rcstar6696, SuperLamic, AdrianDC, nailyk, LineageOS team
Source Code: https://github.com/lin17-microg/local_manifests
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Stable Release Date: 2020-12-29
Last Updated 2021-10-11