• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

EOL [ROM][Unofficial][9.0][signed][OTA] Lineage OS 16.0 for Xperia Z1 compact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

PatoooAlbo

Jun 10, 2020
Yes, download the build of your choice from here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/lin16/files/amami/LineageOS_16_signed/

and flash via TWRP. You can and should do without wiping data.I recommend to start reflashing the current build. Afterwards, try an older build. Only choose, to be on the safe side, the option to clear the cache & dalvik after flashing.
Make sure to use the proper build flavor, variant B has the string "microG" in its file name.

Your symptoms sound really weird...
Oh, one thing I could think of, BTW - if that is it, then manually reflashingthe current build should solve your issues - before I explain the background, just answer the following question:
Was that the first OTA update, after you had installed Magisk?

Yep, after flashing Lineage I installed Magisk immediately. Then I've been installing the OTA updates for months without issues, until yesterday.

I will try re flashing this version on TWRP and I'll let you know what happens. Thanks for all your help.

Yep, after flashing Lineage I installed Magisk immediately. Then I've been installing the OTA updates for months without issues, until yesterday.

I will try re flashing this version on TWRP and I'll let you know what happens. Thanks for all your help.
And your device is encrypted, right? If your answer is also yes, then I know, what the issue is and will explain in detail. But as said, please reflashing - and if that fails, please try to uninstall and then re-install Magisk

PatoooAlbo

Jun 10, 2020
And your device is encrypted, right? If your answer is also yes, then I know, what the issue is and will explain in detail. But as said, please reflashing - and if that fails, please try to uninstall and then re-install Magisk

What do you mean by encrypted?

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

Well, re-flashing didn't work, it actually got everything worse. Now I'm getting Android error messages everytime and the smartphone is basically unusable. I'll try to flash the previous version and if that doesn't work I guess I'll have to do a clean installation of everything.

PatoooAlbo

Jun 10, 2020
Ok, final comments: When I installed the previous version I recovered the navigation bar and also volume buttons started working again, but it seems that after several installations I got other issues and my smartphone blocked itself again and again, being incapable of going into the main screen even.

Finally I had to do a clean installation of Lineage (not the final version, the last it worked for me) and Magisk. Now everything works just fine as it used to.

Thank you @MSe1969 for your time.

Reactions: MSe1969
Magisk and OTA - IMPORTANT NOTE

Ok, final comments: When I installed the previous version I recovered the navigation bar and also volume buttons started working again, but it seems that after several installations I got other issues and my smartphone blocked itself again and again, being incapable of going into the main screen even.

Finally I had to do a clean installation of Lineage (not the final version, the last it worked for me) and Magisk. Now everything works just fine as it used to.

Thank you @MSe1969 for your time.

OK, some clarifications - I am not 100% sure, whether this was the reason for your issue, because I did not yet get the information, whether your device is encrypted, but the below may be important also to others:

The [tl;dr] summary:
If the below three points ALL apply, you should not use the OTA updates, but only flash the updates manually:
  • You use Magisk, AND
  • You have TWRP 3.3.x as recovery (which is the case right now for the TWRP provided by @115ek), AND
  • Your /data partition is encrypted

The long story:
Normally, when flashing an update through TWRP (i.e. "dirty-flash", flash w/o wiping the /data partition), the /data partition is not touched.
That is, why TWRP 3.3.x does not attempt to decrypt the /data partition, when called in OTA update mode.
However - certain "survival scripts" in /system/addon.d - especially Magisk - absolutely need to access the /data partition during the update process!
In TWRP 3.3.x, the /data partition however is under certain circumstances (like e.g. device is encrypted) not available during OTA update process. As a result, your device may end-up in an inconsistent state and even unbootable "mess" !
TWRP has fixed this via this commit, which is available as of TWRP 3.4.x
This means, that even during an OTA update, the /data partition is always mounted - this leads to e.g. having to enter the decryption pass phrase during the OTA process.

To @115ek : Time to build a new TWRP, either apply the linked patch or, even better, build a 3.4.x TWRP. (Not at home right now till end of August, have neither my Z1c nor a build env. with me, so can't do it myself)

@PatoooAlbo - sorry that you ended up in a mess; I am however sure that you can apply the latest version, but not via OTA, but via normal flash. (Make a backup in TWRP first, to be on the safe side)

Last edited:

PatoooAlbo

Jun 10, 2020
OK, some clarifications - I am not 100% sure, whether this was the reason for your issue, because I did not yet get the information, whether your device is encrypted, but the below may be important also to others:

The [tl;dr] summary:
If the below three points ALL apply, you should not use the OTA updates, but only flash the updates manually:
  • You use Magisk, AND
  • You have TWRP 3.3.x as recovery (which is the case right now for the TWRP provided by @115ek), AND

The long story:
Normally, when flashing an update through TWRP (i.e. "dirty-flash", flash w/o wiping the /data partition), the /data partition is not touched.
That is, why TWRP 3.3.x does not attempt to decrypt the /data partition, when called in OTA update mode.
However - certain "survival scripts" in /system/addon.d - especially Magisk - absolutely need to access the /data partition during the update process!
In TWRP 3.3.x, the /data partition however is under certain circumstances (like e.g. device is encrypted) not available during OTA update process. As a result, your device may end-up in an inconsistent state and even unbootable "mess" !
This means, that even during an OTA update, the /data partition is always mounted - this leads to e.g. having to enter the decryption pass phrase during the OTA process.

To @115ek : Time to build a new TWRP, either apply the linked patch or, even better, build a 3.4.x TWRP. (Not at home right now till end of August, have neither my Z1c nor a build env. with me, so can't do it myself)

@PatoooAlbo - sorry that you ended up in a mess; I am however sure that you can apply the latest version, but not via OTA, but via normal flash. (Make a backup in TWRP first, to be on the safe side)

About your question, I draw a pattern. That's the only password that I use.

Now, about your explanation and the update. I will try it later in the future probably. For now, after two days of issues and working on the smartphone, I prefer to do nothing else now that it's working.

Thank you.

Reactions: MSe1969

waterpolo

Aug 6, 2008
Naarden (NL)
About your question, I draw a pattern. That's the only password that I use.

Now, about your explanation and the update. I will try it later in the future probably. For now, after two days of issues and working on the smartphone, I prefer to do nothing else now that it's working.

Thank you.
Before try-out make a backup with TWRP. Then you can always easy back to you working version.
This saved me a couple times in the past.

Reactions: PatoooAlbo

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Thanks for the feedback on 17.1, @115ek will appreciate :)

However, at least for the build variant B, I haven't spent time yet to upgrade all the features. In fact I don't see the "killer feature" of 17.1 wanting me to convert a.s.a.p., but see instead feature losses like dropped privacy guard or dropped root add-on (factually forcing me to make the extra effort to ensure to always keeping up with every new Magisk version). So short term, I won't spend too much effort on 17.1 - but yes, if 17.1 is stable, might be a good reason for folks on variant A to upgrade... - your thoughts, @115ek ?

I'm not using any rooting solutions (except inbuilt root over adb) so I can't really tell how magisk is going.
Privacy guard was dropped, that's right. However, it got replaced with the permission hub. It depends on what features you'd like to have. There are many controversial discussions on reddit.
I'm not that much into the privacy guard thing...
Besides that I really like the (full) gesture navigation. And the wifi sharing via QR codes is also pretty useful. And dark mode.
But besides that the look and feel is pretty much the same. Maybe I missed some parts.

Is noted. :)
I was very busy the last weeks and that could also be the case for the next weeks. I'll give my best to share a new image.
Building isn't that much effort, but I remember last time I tried the 3.4.x TWRP something was broken so I dropped the build (hadn't much time to investigate back then)... :rolleyes:

Reactions: tramp20 and MSe1969
Privacy guard was dropped, that's right. However, it got replaced with the permission hub. It depends on what features you'd like to have. There are many controversial discussions on reddit.
Well, I only had once test-wise flashed 17.1 on one of my devices and was curious about the "permission hub". Either I have missed something, or this is nothing more than the well-known listing of app runtime permission, which exists already since 'marshmallow' (so what is "new" here - apart from the access statistics?)... So I'm curious, whether I really have missed anything here? Comments welcome :)

The main difference between Privacy Guard (AppOps API) and permission hub (runtime permission) is explained with following example:
A nosy app asks for microphone access, which in fact is not necessary for the app's main purpose, but to simply spy on the user. If you deny the runtime permission, the app knows about the denial and the app developer can now code nasty actions to "convince" the user to grant that permission. If you grant the runtime permission, but deny in privacy guard, the app thinks it has access to the microphone, but receives all the time the equivalent of "absolute silence" from the system :)

Building isn't that much effort, but I remember last time I tried the 3.4.x TWRP something was broken so I dropped the build (hadn't much time to investigate back then)... :rolleyes:
As indicated, applying the one patch to 3.3.x would already do the trick

Last edited:

115ek

Jan 30, 2017

The [tl;dr] summary:
  • You use Magisk, AND

The long story:

I just uploaded a new TWRP release which should fix the problem.
If you're encrypted you'll now be asked to enter your pin/pattern... every time an OTA update is executed. (I don't really like that fact but that's another story.)
When not using magisk you can simply cancel the decryption prompt and the installation will continue.
Feel free to report any issues you're encountering.

Reactions: tramp20 and MSe1969
New builds with September 2020 ASB patches available

Hi all,
new builds are up and will soon be offered also as OTA update:

A. Standard LineageOS 16.0
https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...20200912-UNOFFICIAL-signed-amami.zip/download
  • ASB Security string 2020-09-05
  • System Webview on 85.0.4183.101

B. Security hardened microG build
https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...2-UNOFFICIAL-microG-signed-amami.zip/download
  • Bromite Webview on 85.0.4183.86
  • Added eSpeak TTS engine (FOSS TTS solution)

Happy flashing - cheers, M.

2faraway2

Apr 24, 2016
Update worked without any problem, thank you @MSe1969 :)

Question regarding the microG build:
Since mar-v-in is very active in the last couple of weeks with new microG releases (e.g. including the new EN-api), wouldn't it be a good idea to include the latest version into your rom, maybe with the next build ? ;)

Last edited:
Update worked without any problem, thank you @MSe1969 :)

Question regarding the microG build:
Since m-a-r-v-i-n is very active in the last couple of weeks with new microG releases (e.g. including the new EN-api), wouldn't it be a good idea to include the latest version into your rom, maybe with the next build ? ;)

Guess what: - exactly that is in the pipeline and will happen :)
I am currently doing test builds. I need to migrate back from the e.OS microG fork, so I am building now microG myself (from the original place) and apply only the patch to enable Check-In and GCM by default.
(To avoid that people have to re-install their apps using GCM after the upgrade)
I'll upload a test build later today (not offered via OTA, yet) - would you mind installing it and testing?

2faraway2

Apr 24, 2016
Guess what: - exactly that is in the pipeline and will happen :)
I am currently doing test builds. I need to migrate back from the e.OS microG fork, so I am building now microG myself (from the original place) and apply only the patch to enable Check-In and GCM by default.
(To avoid that people have to re-install their apps using GCM after the upgrade)

Sounds perfect, I knew you are a good one :)

I'll upload a test build later today (not offered via OTA, yet) - would you mind installing it and testing?

Definitely ! But that will take until sunday afternoon/evening because I'm very busy till then ...
So you don't have to hurry with your test build ;)

microG: Exposure Notification API for "Corona apps"

Hi all,

below is applicable for the "microG" build variant (B):
microG has published an implementation of the "Exposure Notification API" in tag v0.2.12.203315.
So it should now be possible to run "Corona apps", which are designed to make use of Google's Exposure Notification API, with this build, too.
I have created a test build containing this version, which currently runs on my device - with the German "Corona app" active on it (and - most important - no Google Spy services involved). The test build can be downloaded and (dirty-)flashed manually here, for interested people:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...8-UNOFFICIAL-microG-signed-amami.zip/download

This will become part of the next regular build onwards. Feedback welcome (I obviously can't help with any EN API issues, that would find its way into microG through the microG project, but a general feedback and also feedback concerning the overall microG functionality is welcome, there may be e.g. some useful patches in the e.OS fork, which haven't yet found their way into the mainline...)

Regards, M.

2faraway2

Apr 24, 2016
I've looked into your test build (did a dirty flash) with excellent results:

- Checkin (Google device registration) survived the flash
- All GMC apps stay registered after the flash
- EN api works without any problem (tested with the same german Corana app, the device is collecting the IDs constantly)

The only thing a had to do was to reselect the location modules, they were unchecked after the 'microG update'

THUMB UP :)

-

New builds with October ASB

Hi all, new builds are available for download and already offered as OTA through the Updater app:

A. Standard LineageOS 16.0 build
https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...20201013-UNOFFICIAL-signed-amami.zip/download
- ASB String 2020-10-05

B. Pre-installed microG build variant with additional security patches
https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...3-UNOFFICIAL-microG-signed-amami.zip/download
- ASB String 2020-10-05
- Bromite Webview on M86
- microG 0.2.12.203315 - including "Exposure notification API" for use of Covid tracing apps
- Additional hardening: constified JNI method tables

A remark to the upgraded microG:
- If you have location providers configured, you need to re-enable them after flashing the upgrade as a one-time activity.
- The exposure notification API allows you to run Covid tracing apps, which are designed for its use (most of those apps are)
- If you had already used my previous test build, there is no change in regards to the microG version

Happy flashing, regards - M.

microG interim update

Hi all,

the below applies only to users of the build variant B:

An interim update of microG GmsCore is available for download here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...llaneous/GmsCore_20201017-signed.apk/download

The apk has been built from the microG source and signed with the specific key of this ROM.
(This means, it cannot be used on any other ROM, except the signed LineageOS 16.0 ROMs for the various devices provided by 115ek or me)

This update contains the following fixes:
  • GCM sign-in issues
  • Mapbox issues
  • Various improvements of the exposure notification API

There is currently no official new version of microG, but due to some issues, which I have experienced myself in regards to the Covid tracing app and GCM sign-in and which were fully solved after applying the update, I wanted to offer it for those of you, who are interested. To update, simply download the linked apk and install.

Important hints:
  1. One of the possible issues with the EN API is an incredible growth of the database and thus, the space used by the microG app (the respective Covid tracing app may also start to behave weird due to that). If you get the system message, that memory is becoming short, you may not be able to directly update the apk. In that case, don't delete the app data of microG (the EN-DB will properly reorganize after the update), but reboot to TWRP, and either connect the phone with your PC to use adb or use the internal root shell of TWRP and enter the following commands (assuming, the downloaded apk file is located in the Download directory of your phones internal memory):
    Code:
    mount /system
    cd /system/priv-app/GmsCore/
    cp /sdcard/Download/GmsCore_20201017-signed.apk GmsCore.apk
    chmod og-w GmsCore.apk
  2. The UI has been re-shaped internally. If you start the microG UI and what you see looks "weird" (e.g. Exposure notifications API now shown, or device registration and GCM looking "disabled"), don't panic and DON'T change any settings. Instead, please go to Settings - apps, pick the microG GMS Core app and purge the app's cache (only the cache, and not the app data!) - Afterwards, all will be fine.

Regards, M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is discontinued - please visit the LineageOS 17.1 sucessor thread
    This thread aims at providing LineageOS 16.0 builds for the Sony Xperia Z1 compact with current security patches.
    You can consider this thread as a successor of our LineageOS 15.1 thread, where you may also find some useful information.
    This is the joint effort of 115ek and MSe1969 (contributions welcome).

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
    */

We offer two build variants:
    This build flavor aims at providing LineageOS 16.0 "as is" with most recent security patches.

If you want to install Google Apps (GApps) you have to use this build variant.
    GApps are optional, of course. The smaller the GApps package, the better (pico). If you want "Okay google" support you need at least nano.
    Just check the package comparison to see what fits your needs.

For the security/privacy focused (more details about below feature list, see here)

• Pre-installed microG and F-Droid same as the LineageOS for microG project
    • Pre-installed AuroraStore
    • eSpeak TTS engine (FOSS TTS solution)
    • Additional security hardening features listed below
    • Access to /proc/net blocked for user apps
    • Bundled netmonitor app to allow network monitoring
    • Enhanced Privacy Guard: Switches for motion sensors and other sensors
    • Cloudflare as default DNS (instead of Google)
    • Privacy-preferred default settings
    • Optional blocking of Facebook- and Google-Tracking
    • Optional disable captive portal detection
    • Increased max. password length of 64
    • No submission of IMSI/phone number to Google/Sony when GPS is in use
    • Default hosts file with many blocked ad/tracking sites
    • Privacy-enhanced Bromite SystemWebView
    • Additional restriction options for secondary users
    • Constified JNI method tables

Status
    List template by AdrianDC
    Code:
    - Boot : Ok
    - Partitions (Data, Cache) : Ext4 and F2FS supported
    - Bluetooth : Ok
    - WiFi : Ok
    - WiFi Hotspot : only 2.4 GHz
    - RIL - Phone - Data : Ok
    - GPS : Ok
    - Camera : Ok
    - Camcorder : Ok
    - Lights : Ok
    - MicroSD : Ok
    - Accelerometer : Ok
    - Compass : Ok
    - Gyroscope : Ok
    - Touchscreen : Ok
    - FM Radio : Ok (mono)
    - ANT+ : Ok
    - Vibrator : Ok
    - Microphone : Ok
    - Audio & music : Ok
    - Bluetooth audio : Ok
    - MHL: broken
    - NFC : Ok
    - Kernel : Ok
    - Graphics : Ok
    - 3D Rendering : Ok
    - Clock : Ok
    - Offline Charging : Ok
    - USB : Ok
    - USB OTG : Ok
    - Encryption : Ok
    - SEPolicies : Enforcing
    Limitations
    Following limitations are known:
    • NFC-HCE does not work (needed for example for google pay)
    • FM does not work in stereo mode (mono works fine, though)
    • Problems with some 5 GHz Wifi channels (can be avoided by not using autochanneling) fixed with 20190408 build
    • MHL does not work
    • 5 GHz hotspot does not work (2.4 GHz hotspot works fine)
    • ANT+ does not work fixed (see FAQ)
    • installing Magisk 19.1 prohibits entering recovery fixed with 20190521 build
    • GPS gets wrong time due to GPS week rollover since 3rd November 2019 (of importance when you record GPS tracks for example).
      This also happens on stock and several other legacy devices.
      fixed with 20190611 build
    Download
    FAQ
    What recovery system to use?
    Please use this TWRP if you want to use OTA updates and/or encryption.

What about root access?
    Root isn't included per default (except root over adb, but it's off by default).
    If you want to gain root access to your apps use one of these (depending on your taste/needs):
    ANT+ isn't working?
    You need the 2 apps:
    afterwards setting proper permissions is essential!
    1. Go to Apps & Notifications -> See All Apps
    2. Select 'ANT Radio Service'
    3. Select Permissions
    4. Select Additional permissions
    5. Slide switch to allow using of ANT hardware
    This refers to those instructions which worked for me :)
    I've got problems AND have magisk/exposed installed
    I won't support anything related to magisk/exposed/other heavily system modifying things.
    If you're encountering problems please make sure you're using a clean installation (at most gapps) to verify/reproduce the issue.

Bugreports
    You'll find information about logging here.
    Please also note how you got the error or how it can be reproduced.
    Sources
    Credits
    • SpiritCroc: big thanks to him for maintaining the device trees and a lot of very useful hints
    • rcstar6696
    • SuperLamic
    • drakonizer
    • AdrianDC
    • munjeni: thanks for tips and tricks
    • nailyk: thanks for tips and tricks
    • All the other contributors on Sony msm8974 platform
    • LineageOS team

Installation instructions

Changelog
    • ASB Security string 2020-12-01 (this month, no kernel updates found)
    • Webview updates for both builds (microG build on M87)
    • microG build only: F-Droid updated to 1.10-alpha1-114
    • microG build only: microG updated from upstream to 0.2.14.204215-15 (picked until 720b089)
    Expand for older changelogs:

• ASB Security string 2020-11-05
    • Fix for CVE-2020-15999
    • AOSP E-Mail widget fixed
    • Webviews upodated to/within M86
    • microG build only: microG - fixes in EN API and GCM
    • microG build only: Replaced weak F-Droid signatures with ROM's V2 signatures
    • ASB Security string 2020-10-05
    • microG build only: Bromite Webview on M86
    • microG build only: microG 0.2.12.203315 - including "Exposure notification API" for use of Covid tracing apps
    • microG build only: Additional hardening: constified JNI method tables
    • Webviews on M85
    • microG build only: Added eSpeak TTS engine (microG build variant)
    • ASB Security string 2020-08-05
    • Webviews on M84
    • microG build only: Location of firewall UI now in Network => data usage (Settings menu)
    • ASB Security string 2020-07-05
    • microG build only: updated prebuilt microG GmsCore fom /e/ project (fixed FCM registration issues)
    • microG build only: F-Droid updated to 1.8 / F-Droid privileged extension updated to 0.2.11
    • microG build only: Aurorastore updated to 3.2.9 / AuroraServices updated to 1.0.6
    • Security string 2020-06-05
    • GPS improvements / modernisation
    • Enable MIDI support
    • microG build only: Bromite Webview on M83
    • microG build only: Netmonitor exception in SEPolicy f. "Tracker Control" app
    • Security string 2020-05-05
    • Standard build only:System Webview on M81
    • microG build only: AuroraStore updated to 3.2.8
    • Security string 2020-04-05
    • Fix for CVE-2020-8597 (external/ppp)
    • Kernel: CVE-2019-10638 siphash 128bit for IP generation
    • microG build only: AuroraStore updated to 3.2.4
    • microG build only: Bromite Webview on M81
    • Security string 2020-03-05
    • System Webviews on M80
    • 2nd build variant 'hardened microG build' (known from 15.1 thread) available
    • microG build only: AuroraStore updated to 3.2.0
    • fixed DRM (we now have widevine Level 3, Netflix for example runs fine)
    • fixed TWRP time bug
    • added option to prevent USB gadgets working when screen locked (trust HAL)
    • enabled changelog (can be accessed under /settings/system/updater/changelog)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level February 05, 2020)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level January 05, 2020)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level December 05, 2019)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level October 05, 2019)
    • bring back wifi display
    • three finger screenshot gesture
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level September 05, 2019)
    • fixed manual mobile network selection (once again)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level August 01, 2019)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level July 05, 2019)
    • fixed AudioFX effects completely (thanks @NeoArian)
    • start signing builds (please check this if you want to update)
    • enable OTA updates (thanks @NeoArian)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level June 05, 2019)
    • fixed recovery issue introduced by Magisk versions starting with 19.1 (thanks @Myself5)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level May 05, 2019)
    • fixed manual mobile network selection (thanks @SpiritCroc)
    • fixed problems with 5 GHz Wifi channels
    • added aptX/aptXHD
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level April 05, 2019)
    • fixed alarm delay (came with new lineage sources)
    • fixed some more offline / USB charging problems (thanks @SpiritCroc)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level March 05, 2019)
    • fixed occasional camera problems (thanks @SpiritCroc)
    • various kernel patches (thanks @SpiritCroc)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level February 05, 2019)
    • fixed video playback for some applications (thanks @SpiritCroc)
    • fixed offline charging (thanks @SpiritCroc)
    • fixed FM radio (thanks @SpiritCroc)
    • updated webview to version 71 (thanks @MSe1969)
    • synced LineageOS sources
    • initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 16.0 for Xperia Z1 compact - amami, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Contributors
    115ek, MSe1969, SpiritCroc, drakonizer, rcstar6696, SuperLamic, AdrianDC, nailyk, LineageOS team
    Source Code: https://github.com/lin16-microg/local_manifests

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-10

Created 2019-01-04
    Last Updated 2020-12-13
    New builds with May 2020 ASB

Hi all,
    new builds are ready and are also offered through the updater app as OTA update:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...20200509-UNOFFICIAL-signed-amami.zip/download
    • ASB Security string 2020-05-05
    • System Webview on 81.0.4044.117

https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...8-UNOFFICIAL-microG-signed-amami.zip/download
    • ASB Security string 2020-05-05
    • Bromite Webview on 81.0.4044.127
    • AuroraStore updated to 3.2.8

Cheers, M.
    First OTA update

First OTA update is rolling out now. If you don't use OTA function go over here
    • fixed AudioFX effects completely (thanks @NeoArian)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level July 05, 2019)

Please share your experiences if updating worked flawlessly (or if not).

By the way: as I'm testing some TWRP decryption stuff my lineage is encrypted. And although there isn't a TWRP available for our device capable of decrypting /data (for oreo/pie) the OTA update worked fine!
    It seems the lineage updater stores the new update in a non-encrypted temporary partition. :eek:
    New build is now available:
    • fixed manual mobile network selection (thanks @SpiritCroc)
    • fixed problems with 5 GHz Wifi channels
    • added aptX/aptXHD
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level April 05, 2019)

You'll find it here.
    New builds with April 2020 ASB

Hi all,
    new builds are ready and will soon be offered through the updater app as OTA update:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...20200410-UNOFFICIAL-signed-amami.zip/download
    • ASB Security string 2020-04-05
    • Kernel: CVE-2019-10638 siphash 128bit for IP generation *
    • System Webview on 80.0.3987.132

https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...0-UNOFFICIAL-microG-signed-amami.zip/download
    • ASB Security string 2020-04-05
    • Kernel: CVE-2019-10638 siphash 128bit for IP generation *
    • Bromite Webview on 81.0.4044.76
    • AuroraStore updated to 3.2.4

Cheers, M.