• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[EOL] [ROM] WIP CM12.1 [LMY49J] for ZTE Blade S6 (P839F30) - development thread

Search This thread

lightwars

Oct 19, 2010
Wuppertal
ZTE Blade S6
This development has come to a stop!
But further development is taken here.

Many thanks.

Hello everyone,

I start this thread to get some more development going on for the ZTE Blade S6.
It should encouraged others to join in or describing their own rom development for this device.

To start with I will show you my first alpha build, which means that most basic function should work now, of Cyanogenmod 12.1 for the Blade S6 (P839F30). I have the AS-Version of the device so be careful, if you have a EU Blade S6 or some other similar device. But at always be careful with your device, because I'm not responsible what you do with it, make a backup with TWRP before flashing the rom.

Things I tried:
called my phone
mobile Internet
wifi shows access Points
sound
button lights
camera working
breathing notification

Not Working:
Flash don't work when taking pictures.
UMS is not working correct

Preparation:
download unofficial CM12.1 and put it on your external sd Card
make a twrp backup
factory reset your device
optional - install this mod
install CM12.1
optional - install other region kernel - AU, EU
optional - install gapps

Credits:
Whole team of CyanogenMod https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android
lonespeaker for helping getting things started
KonstaT for TWRP
repos from piccolo-dev team, at which my work is based on.
Kernel Sources my own kernel repo
Kernel Sources ZTE

Please note this is the first time I do this, I'm still learning while doing and also some things I don't know.
Download Google drive
Updated Version 16.11.2016
using data/media as internal storage

Download links for the different kernels:
EU Version
AU Version

Previous Version 20.06.2016

Attachments

• screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 8,374
  • screen3.png
    screen3.png
    202.5 KB · Views: 8,293
  • screen4.png
    screen4.png
    92 KB · Views: 8,957
  • screen5.png
    screen5.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 8,722
  • after.png
    after.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 8,406
Last edited:

lonespeaker

Dec 4, 2011
North East England
Hey, yes this should work. I think in the official kernel source from zte the config for wifi is missing.
Maybe they have done it any other way. Will cherry pick some commits and hope wifi will be alright then.

If the blade is the same as the SU6, copy the pronto_wlan.ko module from stock to vendor/vodafone/p839v55/proprietary/lib/modules (or whatever you've named the directory structure) and in the BoardConfig.mk in the device tree put

BOARD_HAS_QCOM_WLAN := true
BOARD_WLAN_DEVICE := qcwcn
BOARD_HOSTAPD_DRIVER := NL80211
BOARD_HOSTAPD_PRIVATE_LIB := lib_driver_cmd_qcwcn
BOARD_WPA_SUPPLICANT_DRIVER := NL80211
BOARD_WPA_SUPPLICANT_PRIVATE_LIB := lib_driver_cmd_qcwcn
WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_PATH := "/system/lib/modules/pronto/pronto_wlan.ko"
WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_NAME := "wlan"
WPA_SUPPLICANT_VERSION := VER_0_8_X

That worked for the SU6.

(you might need something in the device.mk file I can't remember, give me a shout if this doesn't work).

lightwars

Oct 19, 2010
Wuppertal
ZTE Blade S6
New Version with synced cm sources uploaded, wifi should know work.

Next step to get internal sdcard function properly and Sound working is very important.

Changes could effect that EU variant could work too, but I don't own one to test it. Please be careful.

lightwars

Oct 19, 2010
Wuppertal
ZTE Blade S6
So I got a newer build working, which has working audio. What is wired that sim card isn't detected, which seems as a problem.
Internal sdcard is accessible through file manager. And unfortunately button illumination do not work, which should be okay, I had done some tests before... So another build is needed which hopefully combine all things that work.

Reactions: St1mpY

lightwars

Oct 19, 2010
Wuppertal
ZTE Blade S6
So.. Sim Card isnt working in this build?
And does it work properly on EU / DEU (german) Version?

Apparently yes, my sim card wasn't detected. A little bit strange, cause I didn't change so much, but anyway the other build is able of it.
I must admit that I don't own a EU or DEU version of this device, only the AS version. So I couldn't test the compatibility.

We need someone to test it to know for sure...

Update: New version is uploaded with sim working and sound... I apologize, cause I changed some vendor blobs and yes also some radio related ones, that's why it stopped working.

Last edited:

eremini

Dec 22, 2014
I think it is just a matter oft mounting rings right and playing with the init file.zte has just made some changes to their init files which differ from aosp.
In my opinion the better way is also to get one huge partition for userdata and data.Then what it is now,with two partitions...

Yeah I think that makes more sense. BTW serveral Russian users that tested ur firmware reported very weak wifi signal, up to the point where they couldn't connect to their wifi. May be something you want to look into.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This development has come to a stop!
    But further development is taken here.

Many thanks.

Hello everyone,

I start this thread to get some more development going on for the ZTE Blade S6.
    It should encouraged others to join in or describing their own rom development for this device.

To start with I will show you my first alpha build, which means that most basic function should work now, of Cyanogenmod 12.1 for the Blade S6 (P839F30). I have the AS-Version of the device so be careful, if you have a EU Blade S6 or some other similar device. But at always be careful with your device, because I'm not responsible what you do with it, make a backup with TWRP before flashing the rom.

Things I tried:
    called my phone
    mobile Internet
    wifi shows access Points
    sound
    button lights
    camera working
    breathing notification

Not Working:
    Flash don't work when taking pictures.
    UMS is not working correct

Preparation:
    download unofficial CM12.1 and put it on your external sd Card
    make a twrp backup
    factory reset your device
    optional - install this mod
    install CM12.1
    optional - install other region kernel - AU, EU
    optional - install gapps

Credits:
    Whole team of CyanogenMod https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android
    lonespeaker for helping getting things started
    KonstaT for TWRP
    repos from piccolo-dev team, at which my work is based on.
    Kernel Sources my own kernel repo
    Kernel Sources ZTE

Please note this is the first time I do this, I'm still learning while doing and also some things I don't know.
    Download Google drive
    Updated Version 16.11.2016
    using data/media as internal storage

Download links for the different kernels:
    EU Version
    AU Version

Previous Version 20.06.2016
    I will not cancel anything.But hadn't much time to work on anything and also some usefull progress is missing to post updates...

I'm working to get a newer kernel compiled,which can be used for cm13.
    Lineage OS 14.1

Update on the previous posts from me:

I altered the kernel, so I could use the touchscreen and buttons with the lineageos14.1 piccolo rom.
    I would say, it looks very promising. Now I have to build the whole rom to suit our device, then we can have a look which what functions are working and what is not. Please be patient.

Okay, just for fun - here you have a build of Lineage OS 14.1 for our device, probably only AS version. :victory:
    Touchscreen is working, otherwise the whole build were useless. Sadly no sound or wifi is working, but havn't done much work on this.

See it as proof of concept step for all the disbelievers - no offence!
    Google Drive
    New version with december security patch level, buttons light up when touching and notification light turns on, but no breathing at the moment. still working on that. correct buttons overlay, now selecting other actions for the right, menu, button works.

I realised that flash is turned on while the camera is focusing, very strange here...
    Now that storage is sorted finally took the plunge. So far so good, got 11 gb storage indeed. Testing further...