[EOL] SmartPack [Kernel] GCC 9.x for Oxygen OS [Oreo/Pie] [OP5/5T]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
SmartPack-Kernel stable-v28

Changes:
  • simple_lmk: Merged updates from wahoo.
  • Merged CAF tag 'LA.UM.7.4.r1-04700-8x98.0'.
  • Updated Linux Kernel version to 4.4.176 (credits: nathanchance).
Auto-flash from SmartPack-Kernel Manager or download and manually flash from the link provided below. Enjoy...

https://smartpack.github.io/op5t/

melphoi

Jul 31, 2012
Batam
Just flashed this Kernel on clean flashed Stock OOS 9.0.3 with Magisk 18
The stuterring get worse, like everything getting slower
Is there anything to fix this?

KaszasM

Nov 8, 2013
Earth
try magisk LKT balanced profile , and put big core boost to 0 ,and raise little cores to 1280.
and stuneboost to also 0. i have to set that after every boot its not sticky(always 15). @sunilpaulmathew
thanks

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

yeah and sorry in first step put stune boost to 0, u should be able to see the difference right away ,
and the BC 0 LC 1280 ,i have LC on 1280 because thats the most used freq on MY phone,can try this as minimum set up.
i have sched load also set to 0 in both cpu government

Last edited:

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
try magisk LKT balanced profile , and put big core boost to 0 ,and raise little cores to 1280.
and stuneboost to also 0. i have to set that after every boot its not sticky(always 15). @sunilpaulmathew
thanks

It is due to the delay (30s) on my boot script, which might be longer than the apply on boot delay of the Kernel Manager. As a result, stune boost value will be overwritten to the default (15 in my boot script). If you change the apply on boot delay to 1 min, it will probably work...

Reactions: KaszasM

doomwithdon

Jul 20, 2011
It is due to the delay (30s) on my boot script, which might be longer than the apply on boot delay of the Kernel Manager. As a result, stune boost value will be overwritten to the default (15 in my boot script). If you change the apply on boot delay to 1 min, it will probably work...
I've kept rhe maximum 50 sec delay in the kernel mgr app and it still won't apply on boot. Any other solution?

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
I've kept rhe maximum 50 sec delay in the kernel mgr app and it still won't apply on boot. Any other solution?

I just tried with 50 sec delay, and it worked fine...
Seems like something prevents kernel manager to apply boot settings. Can you please make some other simple changes (e.g., Turn off PrintK logging in Misc page) and see apply on boot is working?
Thanks...

doomwithdon

Jul 20, 2011
I just tried with 50 sec delay, and it worked fine...
Seems like something prevents kernel manager to apply boot settings. Can you please make some other simple changes (e.g., Turn off PrintK logging in Misc page) and see apply on boot is working?
Thanks...
Doesn't work for me even with PrintK logging off.. Anyways its insignificant as i rarely ever reboot my phone except for flashing a new kernel release. Thanks

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
SmartPack-Kernel stable-v29

Changes:
  • Added K-Lapse v4.3, a kernel level live-display module by @tanish2k09 (Thanks to @flar2 for the OP5/5T adaptation).
    Please note: Latest version of SmartPack-Kernel Manager give full control over K-Lapse.
  • cpu_Input_boost, devfreq_boost & simple_lmk: Merged updates from wahoo (Credits to @Sultanxda).
  • Set *Maple* as the default I/O Scheduler.
  • Built using GCC-8.3 latest tool-chain (Credits to @arter97)
  • Misc changes, please visit my GitHub page for more information.
Auto-flash from SmartPack-Kernel Manager or download and manually flash from the link provided below. Enjoy...

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
SmartPack-Kernel stable-v30

Changes:
  • Up-to-date with OnePlus changes for the latest Open Beta.
  • Merged CAF tag LA.UM.7.4.r1-04800-8x98.0.
  • Updated Linux Kernel version to 4.4.177 (credits: nathanchance).
  • Exposed devfreq boot duration and freq. to userspace (can be controllable from next version of SmartPack-Kernel Manager).

Last edited:

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
SmartPack-Kernel stable-v31

Changes:
  • Added doubletap2wake, sweep2wake and sweep2sleep gestures (credits to flar2). All these features can be fully controllable from next version of SmartPack-Kernel Manager.
  • Updated K-Lapse (credits to tanish2k09 & flar2).
  • Updated Linux Kernel version to 4.4.178 (credits: nathanchance).
  • Misc changes, please visit my GitHub page for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This project is now "End-of-Life" (EOL). Thanks to all of you for the kind support...

/* Introduction */

Proudly presenting my work, SmartPack-Kernel for OnePlus 5/5T (cheeseburger/dumpling) running stock (both Stable & Open Beta) Oxygen OS.
    Please note: This is a close-to-stock kernel with very few yet useful features developed by various developers within this community (They deserve all the credits, please see the Acknowledgements). If you are looking for a more feature rich kernel with several tweaks and mods and also supports other custom ROMs, you might be disappointed.

The Kernel is unified to work on both OP5 devices. So, if you found the tag "dumpling" somewhere, please don't worry about it ;)

pic001.png
    /* DISCLAIMER */
    Code:
    I am not responsible for any damage to your device. Everything you are doing on your device is at your own risk.
    I only own a OnePlus 5T (dumpling). So, my kernels are only tested on OnePlus 5T running the latest Oxygen OS ([B]Stable [/B]& [B]Open Beta[/B]).
    Please note that flashing any custom Kernel including mine will void your warranty.

/* Compatibility */

This kernel is only meant to work on stock Oxygen OS (Stable & Open Beta) and nothing else. However, it may work on other OOS based Oreo ROMs as well (Please try at your own risk).

/* How-to-install */

Auto-flash from SmartPack-Kernel Manager or download from my webpage &
    i. Go to recovery (TWRP recommend)
    ii. Flash Kernel
    iii. Reboot and enjoy​
    /* How-to Auto-flash */

YouTube Video

/* Features */
    • Build from stock Oxygen OS source code
    • Latest Linux 4.4 subversion's and CAF tags fully merged
    • Built using latest (GCC 9.x) toolchain
    • Anykernel base for the best compatibility
    • Kernel tweaking app recommend: SmartPack-Kernel Manager (please note: official Kernel Adiutor is NOT fully compatible with this kernel)
    • Wireguard support
    • CPU Input Boost, Devfreq boost, and Simple_LMK from Sultan's Pixel Kernel
    • CPU Freq Gov: Blu_active, Alucard, and Impulse
    • Adreno Boost for msm-adreno-tz (disabled by default)
    • IO schedulers: Maple, Fiops, Zen, Sio & SIOPlus
    • Enabled a bunch of advanced TCP congestion algorithms (default: Westwood)
    • Real-time charging status in SmartPack-Kernel Manager
    • Boeffla Sound to control Headphone, Earpiece (calls) and Microphone (calls)
    • Boeffla Generic Wakelock Blocker
    • USB charging rate bumped up to 900 mA (optional, disabled by default)
    • LED blink/fade control
    • Display Back-light (Min & Max) Control
    • K-Lapse, a kernel level live-display module to control screen color, brightness and more
    • KCAL v2 advanced color control interface
    • Vibration Strength Control
    • SELinux "Enforcing" by default (but can be switched to "Permissive" in SmartPack-Kernel Manager)
    • FSync on/off support
    • CRC on/off support (disabled by default)
    • a lot more, please visit my GitHub page for more details...
    /* Downloads */

/* Special note to ROM developers */

You are allowed to include my kernel in any ROMs. Giving proper credits to the original developers (including me, if you considered me as one among them) are, however, highly appreciated. Feel free to contact me, if you need any assistance from my side.

/* Donations */

If you like to appreciate my work, please consider donating to me (by either via PayPal, or by purchasing the donation app from playstore) as it is helpful to continue my projects more active, although it is not at all necessary.

Telegram Group

/* Acknowledgements */

@Lord Boeffla
    @Sultanxda
    @eng.stk
    @flar2
    @franciscofranco
    @arter97
    @tanish2k09 for K-Lapse, a kernel level live-display module.
    @nathanchance
    @ZaneZam
    @osm0sis for AnyKernel project
    @Grarak for Kernel Adiutor.
    Feel free to raise your finger towards me, if I missed your name from this list...

XDA:DevDB Information
    SmartPack-Kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus 5

Contributors
    sunilpaulmathew
    Source Code: https://github.com/SmartPack/

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2018-10-21
    Last Updated 2019-10-26
    SmartPack-Kernel beta-v17 for Android Pie

Changes:
    • CPU Input Boost, Devfreq Boost & Simple LMK: Merge updates from Wahoo (Credits: sultanxda).
    • staging: android: ion: upstream updates (Credits: nathanchance).
    • DIsabled fsync by default.
    • Minor miscellaneous changes, especially on kernel boot script.
    Again, only for Stock OOS Android Pie. You can Auto-flash the latest build from the latest version (v6.11) of SmartPack-Kernel Manager within a few clicks (Visit here for more info). Alternately, you may download and manually flash the latest version from the link provided below. Enjoy...

images

Christmas wishes to my dear friends in xda
    SmartPack-Kernel beta-v23

Changes:
    • Implement Dynamic SchedTune Boost on CPU Input Boost (credits: @joshuous)
    • Incorporating recent patches from osm0sis's AnyKernel2 repo (credits: @osm0sis).
    • Miscellaneous changes.
    Only for Stock OOS Android Pie. Auto-flash from SmartPack-Kernel Manager within a few clicks or download and manually flash the from the link provided below. Enjoy...

Hi friends,
    This kernel was released in the OP5T forum (xda page) for a while. Now, following the words of @shadowstep, here I'm starting a new page exclusively for the OP5 users although you guys are free to visit the other page as well.
    Enjoy...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone