Votes: 67 32.2%
  • No.

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

bertus_f

Sep 20, 2017
Headphones

I'm glad to hear, that the new release fixed your problems :)

My audio jack headphone is connected via the sony usbc aux adapter, there the music is great.
I would open a bug tracker issue and maybe check if your problem only happens with this USBC sony head phone unit. :)

Audio jack+usb aux adapter works for me too! And when I install the Sony Music Center app, my usb headphone (sth 50) is working too, but only within the Sony Music Center app. Not a problem for me.

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
Hello guys, I've got a problem and I would like to ask you for help.
I've installed this rom with nano gapps (rom via fastboot and gapps via booted twrp from fastboot (NOT FLASHED!) After that I made wipes.
My problem is, I cannot download anything from google play. Its showing "waiting for download". Any fix for that? Tried to clear cache etc, but nothing worked.
Any advice?
Looking forward to get your reply.
Dev, you're doing great job, keep going!
Cheers guys. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
You're welcome

It's probably a gapps issue
The last one I tested it with was
open_gapps-arm64-10.0-pico-20200627.zip

Reactions: 180200

Dec 6, 2017
@MartinX3 Thank you so much for your reply!
I reinstalled everything with nano, pico and micro gapps, the same results. Even downloaded the ROM again. Anyway I found a fix for that. Before when I finished the setup with any of them My google play wasn't working and I'didn't have it even in security section in settings. If you wan't you can add this to the first page if someone will have the same issue. I would be glad I could help.
To fix that just login into your google account and select "restore from cloud" option. Apps started to install immediately ("restoring apps" in notification bar) and after that google play is showing in security settings and I have no problem with downloading anything, so it's working for sure. I hope I could help someone who prefer nano/pico gapps.

About the ROM for now:
Full gesture navigation working
Camera working
Mobile Legends Bang Bang-runing without a single lag, much better than on stock.
PUBG mobile-same as ML, moreover at maxed out setting which I wasn't able to get on stock.
Smoothness is killing, no interface lags or anything
Only bug is big distortion of the top speaker, but I have it not only in AOSP (only stock rom works fine)
Fingerprint working well
Rock stable, ready for daily use, few hours of testing now, gonna be back after couple of days and let you all now how it's going.
Dear dev, I hope some day you will get users support as big as you deserve for it.
Cheers guys and take care guys!

Edit:
NFC not working for paying
Camera quality is back to 2k12
Nothing else so far.
Battery life is unbelievable, 20h for now of normal usage and 24% left.

Last edited:

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
@MartinX3 Thank you so much for your reply!
I reinstalled everything with nano, pico and micro gapps, the same results. Even downloaded the ROM again. Anyway I found a fix for that. Before when I finished the setup with any of them My google play wasn't working and I'didn't have it even in security section in settings. If you wan't you can add this to the first page if someone will have the same issue. I would be glad I could help.
To fix that just login into your google account and select "restore from cloud" option. Apps started to install immediately ("restoring apps" in notification bar) and after that google play is showing in security settings and I have no problem with downloading anything, so it's working for sure. I hope I could help someone who prefer nano/pico gapps.

About the ROM for now:
Full gesture navigation working
Camera working
Mobile Legends Bang Bang-runing without a single lag, much better than on stock.
PUBG mobile-same as ML, moreover at maxed out setting which I wasn't able to get on stock.
Smoothness is killing, no interface lags or anything
Only bug is big distortion of the top speaker, but I have it not only in AOSP (only stock rom works fine)
Fingerprint working well
Rock stable, ready for daily use, few hours of testing now, gonna be back after couple of days and let you all now how it's going.
Dear dev, I hope some day you will get users support as big as you deserve for it.
Cheers guys and take care!

Thank you for the report :)
This july release brought us the CAF audio hal and in the next release we will have proper audio path mappings, which should give us a stock like audio. (Let's see how far we'll get Dolby as well)

About the GAPPS issue
Probably it's an issue with the current GAPPS
Please report it in the GAPPS bug tracker :)

Reactions: 180200

jit-010101

Jul 22, 2020
  • But GCAM's aren't usable at the moment until a camera hardware resource budget bug got fixed in the OEM binary blob.

Can you please link to the Bug Tracker for the Hardware Resource Bug in regards to GCams not working on ASOP 10?

I'd guess it concerns all Sony devices (I own pioneer and face the same issues on official PixelExperience ROM using Sony ASOP Blobs) so I'd like to subscribe to get an Status update myself.

Last edited:

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
Can you please link to the Bug Tracker for the Hardware Resource Bug in regards to GCams not working on ASOP 10?

I'd guess it concerns all Sony devices (I own pioneer and face the same issues on official PixelExperience ROM using Sony ASOP Blobs) so I'd like to subscribe to get an Status update myself.
Yes, of course
https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/bug_tracker/issues/544

But technically thos bug is only connected with the camX camera framework only used in tama, kumano, and probably newer flagships

Reactions: jit-010101

jit-010101

Jul 22, 2020
I doubt but hope
Because this bug has a low priority due to missing manpower

Meh :( ... only thing they need to pull off is proper camera2 API implementation then people can at least use GCam ... their Stock Camera (including framework) is so bad from start to end (and I have used lots and lots of cheaper chinese devices, non being so bad - heck you can even use GCam on cheap ass Xiaomi Phones on their heavily hacked together Stock Roms from the last few years - here nothing, not even the very old/limited GCam builds).

You'd think they'd finally focus on this ...

tassee

Nov 6, 2018
Hi everyone,

first and foremost: thanks for the ROM, I have the following version installed (on a H8324 - thats the DUAL SIM i guess):
* Android: 9 (Updates from 2019-11-01)
* Baseband: 845-sdm845.gen.prodQ-00007-36,845-sdm845.gen.prodQ-00007-36
* Kernel: 4.9.112-perf+ #1 Tue Oct 15 13.14.412019
* BuildNumber: 52.0.A.11.32

I wanted to update this now and I was wondering whether I can update to the single SIM one (aosp-10.0-20200620_aosp_h8314.zip) as this is the only recent one I can find (on the FTP i cannot find anything for the dual, on AFH I can only see H8324_Customized CE1_1313-3194_52.0.A.3.84_R2B.tar.gz).

This is all a bit confusing regarding what one should pick for what device - thanks for help!

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
Hi everyone,

first and foremost: thanks for the ROM, I have the following version installed (on a H8324 - thats the DUAL SIM i guess):
* Android: 9 (Updates from 2019-11-01)
* Baseband: 845-sdm845.gen.prodQ-00007-36,845-sdm845.gen.prodQ-00007-36
* Kernel: 4.9.112-perf+ #1 Tue Oct 15 13.14.412019
* BuildNumber: 52.0.A.11.32

I wanted to update this now and I was wondering whether I can update to the single SIM one (aosp-10.0-20200620_aosp_h8314.zip) as this is the only recent one I can find (on the FTP i cannot find anything for the dual, on AFH I can only see H8324_Customized CE1_1313-3194_52.0.A.3.84_R2B.tar.gz).

This is all a bit confusing regarding what one should pick for what device - thanks for help!
Use newflasher and xperifirm from XDA to flash and boot the newest stock once (including the introduction dialogue), before you proceed

tassee

Nov 6, 2018
Thanks for your reply. I did just that but now I am stuck again, all those threads that exist and different downloads with different names are EXTREMELY confusing.

I just want to have TWRP with AOSP.
I tried different TWRP versions but nothing is working.

I managed to get into TWRP using 2020-06-11_22-14-33_twrp_stock_apollo_52.1.A.2.1 yet I do not have the option to "install recovery ramdisk" in advanced menu as described in the TWRP installation thread here

// edit: finally got it to work using 2020-06-14_21-07-37_twrp_apollo

Thanks for your work @ Martin, yet here some feedback:

* the number of threads, their similiarities and there links in between make it very complicated to keep an overview over what to do when
* many technical terms terms are used but not explained properly anywhere (the probably are *somewhere* but its not easy to find)
* its completely unclear what one should install when and where, e.g. sometimes there are instructions like "fastboot flash oem_a oem_*.img" without any explanation / hints on where those files are supposed to be downloaded from

Suggestion: Create a proper walkthrough on how to install everything from 0 to 100 without having the user to click through 100 different sites.

Last edited:

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
Thanks for your reply. I did just that but now I am stuck again, all those threads that exist and different downloads with different names are EXTREMELY confusing.

I just want to have TWRP with AOSP.
I tried different TWRP versions but nothing is working.

I managed to get into TWRP using 2020-06-11_22-14-33_twrp_stock_apollo_52.1.A.2.1 yet I do not have the option to "install recovery ramdisk" in advanced menu as described in the TWRP installation thread here

// edit: finally got it to work using 2020-06-14_21-07-37_twrp_apollo

Thanks for your work @ Martin, yet here some feedback:

* the number of threads, their similiarities and there links in between make it very complicated to keep an overview over what to do when
* many technical terms terms are used but not explained properly anywhere (the probably are *somewhere* but its not easy to find)
* its completely unclear what one should install when and where, e.g. sometimes there are instructions like "fastboot flash oem_a oem_*.img" without any explanation / hints on where those files are supposed to be downloaded from

Suggestion: Create a proper walkthrough on how to install everything from 0 to 100 without having the user to click through 100 different sites.

Thank you and you're welcome

About the instructions, I just go into the TWRP thread and follow the instructions on the first page while using the TWRP with the newest datetimestamp on it. :)

The OEM driver download link are directly above the installation instructions.

The instructios for TWRP and the custom ROMs are in their own threads, they aren't splitted on several sites.

About technical terms, the word "fastboot" is described in the FAQ on the first page in the ROM/TWRP thread. :)

Reactions: tassee

tassee

Nov 6, 2018
Thank you and you're welcome

About the instructions, I just go into the TWRP thread and follow the instructions on the first page while using the TWRP with the newest datetimestamp on it. :)

The OEM driver download link are directly above the installation instructions.

The instructios for TWRP and the custom ROMs are in their own threads, they aren't splitted on several sites.

About technical terms, the word "fastboot" is described in the FAQ on the first page in the ROM/TWRP thread. :)

Regarding the instructions: Yes, I figured that out eventually, but you have to find the correct TWRP thread first. Then e.g. regarding the "newest" timestamp: it wasn't clear, why is the naming schema different for every published release? Why not follow a standard one? Why put all those technical terms in there? (I do not mean "fastboot" or "adb" here but "aosp", "sodp", "apollo" and so on) and explain them nowhere (maybe I didnt find it)? Would be simple to just have a link for each and everything would be fine.
Furthermore why are the different folders on android filehost vs. the mirror? E.g. for the DUAL sim there is only a 8+9 folder on AFH but on the mirror there is a 10 that is directing to the SINGLE Sim - all this stuff causes confusion.
Regarding the OEM drivers: For example instructions regarding "the last before my build" are very unspecific and unclear. If e.g. your release was on 2020-07-14 and the oem driver was well, which one should be picked? (just an example).

Please don't get me wrong, I highly appreciate the work you are doing, I just figured that the hurdle for technically inexperienced people is even higher through this confusion.
I come from the XZ1 compact and there it was really straight forward compared to here - but maybe that is because it's technically way harder to accomplish here - idk.

Last edited:

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
Regarding the instructions: Yes, I figured that out eventually, but you have to find the correct TWRP thread first. Then e.g. regarding the "newest" timestamp: it wasn't clear, why is the naming schema different for every published release? Why not follow a standard one? Why put all those technical terms in there? (I do not mean "fastboot" or "adb" here but "aosp", "sodp", "apollo" and so on) and explain them nowhere (maybe I didnt find it)? Would be simple to just have a link for each and everything would be fine.
Furthermore why are the different folders on android filehost vs. the mirror? E.g. for the DUAL sim there is only a 8+9 folder on AFH but on the mirror there is a 10 that is directing to the SINGLE Sim - all this stuff causes confusion.
Regarding the OEM drivers: For example instructions regarding "the last before my build" are very unspecific and unclear. If e.g. your release was on 2020-07-14 and the oem driver was well, which one should be picked? (just an example).

Please don't get me wrong, I highly appreciate the work you are doing, I just figured that the hurdle for technically inexperienced people is even higher through this confusion.
I come from the XZ1 compact and there it was really straight forward compared to here - but maybe that is because it's technically way harder to accomplish here - idk.

I changed the naming change after refactoring my build system code, but the timestamp still remains to show the users what's the newest one
I mean the TWRP is still in the same folder structure. :)

AOSP means Android Open Source Project since 2008
SODP means Sony Open Devices Project, its target is to make Xperias be able to run AOSP (or custom ROMs, since every android custom ROM is based on AOSP).

Apollo is just the code name of the XZ2C.
Every android device has its model name and code name.
As example the Samsung Galaxy S2 from 2011 has the codename i9100 in its basic edition.

The android 9 folder in the dual sim model just contains an old firmware not part of the instructions and probably I can remove it.
Same for the android 8 folder, which contains the last android 8 stock TWRP and the last android 8 stock firmware, which I can delete, too.
But maybe someone wants to downgrade it. (But I don't support that)
If you are in the TWRP 10 thread, it's okay to stay in the android 10 folder.
And if you look in the dual sim folder, you see a file called "Look_In_Single_Sim_Device_Folder.txt" as a hint to look into the single sim folder.
Part of the instructions is a dual sim patcher for the recovery to enable the dual sim functionality.
The stock firmware and the SODP base has some differences between single and dual sim and this patcher saves me from uploading a big dual sim firmware with almost the same content as the single sim firmware.

About the OEM driver, in my changelog I always declared which OEM version is now supported to avoid the confusions.
If not stated a OEM version before the build date should get used.

I am open for critics/debating and you're welcome. :)

And probably you came from a XZ1 compact stock based ROM.
I try to support STOCK and SODP based solutions via TWRP, which is a bit difficult, since google now requires a DTBO partition with a partially outsourced kernel which is different in STOCK and SODP.
But I hope I can combine the TWRP with the DTBO to make something universal compatible.
At the moment the TWRP is compatible with the stock firmware, SODP based ROMs, but not with the stock based LineageOS.

xz499

Aug 9, 2020
XZ3 EU Single sim

Hi @MartinX3, trying to install this through fastboot using Payload Dumper.

Bootloader struggles to flash a 3,9 GB system file.

Also you shouldn't just drop the bomb of using an standalone code without advertising how to setup and use it.

You should add to OP that python2 is needed and dependencies for it are:
python2-google
python2-protobuf
python2-backports.lzma
python2-pyliblzma

Maybe some of those aren't needed but i just installed them all to cover myself.

Now when it tries to boot it goes to stock recovery (i did follow all steps for flashing an SODP rom), with the next error message:
Cannot load Android system. Your data may be corrupt. If you continue to get this message, you may need to perform a factory data reset and erase all user data stored on this device.

I just flashed latest ODP for TAMA and went from stock upgrade with August security patch.

Are you sure we have to flash a 3,9 GB system image all at once?
Any help will be appreciated.

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
Hi @MartinX3, trying to install this through fastboot using Payload Dumper.

Bootloader struggles to flash a 3,9 GB system file.

Also you shouldn't just drop the bomb of using an standalone code without advertising how to setup and use it.

You should add to OP that python2 is needed and dependencies for it are:

python2-google

python2-protobuf

python2-backports.lzma

python2-pyliblzma

Maybe some of those aren't needed but i just installed them all to cover myself.

Now when it tries to boot it goes to stock recovery (i did follow all steps for flashing an SODP rom), with the next error message:

Cannot load Android system. Your data may be corrupt. If you continue to get this message, you may need to perform a factory data reset and erase all user data stored on this device.

I just flashed latest ODP for TAMA and went from stock upgrade with August security patch.

Are you sure we have to flash a 3,9 GB system image all at once?

Any help will be appreciated.
Hey
The dumper is just a corner case workaround
The easiest way would be to fastboot boot the stock twrp on the stock ROM, flash the AOSP zip, maybe the dual sim patcher and what you need
Then in fastboot flash the OEM binary
And then you could boot the system or install the sodp twrp.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/latest-updates

OEMv2 got released
    Added camera, sound calibration, sensors. Also fixed keymaster and Adreno.

The ROM also got stability updates and enhancements.

The next release I will publish will contain a better camera and fixes against the sound issues (compared to my android 9.0 builds with kernel 4.9).

The XZ2, XZ2c & XZ3 are on a good way thanks to the Sony Open Devices Developers (Volunteers and Sony Employees). :D
    The Sony Open Devices Project is always happy about volunteers (coding, testing, etc) :)
    Also mainlining your favorite snapdragon powered xperia device into the mainline kernel is possible and we will be glad to help you!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

This is the AOSP ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ2 (akari), XZ2C (apollo) and XZ3 (akatsuki)

This ROM build will always mainly based on Sony AOSP Code and maybe include cherry-picks.
    I plan to make monthly builds, after a new security patch level, if there is no need for a critical hotfix.

FAQ:
    jerpelea said:
    for a complete security patch you have to
    1. flash the stock firmware using https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/flash-tool/
    2. build and flash the ROM
    * The security patch may affect or not the proprietary parts depending on HW and implementation
    * After official support ends you can still get security updates for kernel and Android but loader and firmware will be stuck to the latest official release

Bugtracker:

Bugreport:
    • A bugreport needs
      Code:
      logcat -b all
      and a way to reproduce the issue.
    • A crash of the system requires the content of the /sys/fs/pstore folder as bug report
      • Be aware that a second reboot erases this folder
    • A crash to the recovery partition requires additionally the content of the /dev/block/by-name/misc partition
      • You get the content via `cat /dev/block/by-name/misc partition > /path/to/output/file.txt`
    • To rescue a not responding phone:
      • VOLUP+POWER for 3 Seconds -> RESTART with one Vibration.
      • VOLUP+POWER for 20 Seconds -> SHUTDOWN with 3 Vibrations.
      • VOLUP+POWER+CAMERA for 30 Seconds -> HARDWARE SHUTDOWN by discharging a capacitor.

Thank you very much for your help, code contribution & testing! (Random order):
    • @jerpelea, the sony employees and their volunteers (people like you and me) coding this wonderful piece of software
    • @dhacke for providing a download server
    • @Raphos for the initial installation manual without a recovery system, after I switched to OTA zips.
    • @kgvarunkanth for the jenkins build server
    • And many thanks to the few donators! :)

A telegram group for technical SODP stuff:

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSP, ROM for the Xperia XZ2

Contributors
    MartinX3, Sony, SonyAOSP
    Source Code: https://github.com/sonyxperiadev

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Stock Firmware
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    No Longer Updated
    Current Stable Version: 10

Created 2019-09-29
    Last Updated 2020-10-23
    Ok, now using it as my daily driver, as far no issues. Lacking suport for night light mode aka yellow screen and ambient display on proximity and accelerometer. Also no Widevine support then no Netflix., the only drawback for me. And GPay do not pass the security test, supposedly due to selinux or something else. :confused:
    LDAC is not working correctly, stuttering audio on every single codec except SBC at 44.1 KHz. KCal is broken.

Installation procedure:
    • Install the ROM as per OP's guide
    • Install Magisk Manager 7.4.0
    • Copy boot.img to the device via mtp at e.g. /sdcard or /sdcard/downloads
    • Install magisk via magisk manager, chose Manually patch image and select the previously copied boot.img
    • The resulted magisk-patched.img has to be copied back to pc
    • flash magisk-patched.img via fastboot
    • download lastest opengapps beta nano for android 10 (nothing more than 250 Mb)
    • Copy opengapps.zip to the device via mtp
    • Install FK Kernel Manager
    • In FK chose Flasher, uncheck the Reboot after flashing
    • Chose Manual Flasher and pick your opengapps.zip
    • Once flashed go to System settings - System - Reset - Factory reset aka wype everything
    • Wait for the first boot and perform a normal setup with your google account
    • Profit!;)

https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/manager-v7.4.0/MagiskManager-v7.4.0.apk
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/op...ps-arm64-10.0-nano-20191209-BETA.zip/download
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.franco.kernel

Good luck and keep looking at what you're doing, be ready to use Emma flasher and got your data lost.
    Disclaimer: everything at your own risk
    Download & Installation

Download ROM:

Download Drivers:
    • OEM (Tama) binaries
      • Please use the the OEM build which came before my last release, unless otherwise written.

GCAM Camera App:
    • Suggested GCams But GCAM's aren't usable at the moment until a camera hardware resource budget bug got fixed in the OEM binary blob.

Installation with a recovery:
    1. fastboot flash oem_a oem_*.img
    2. fastboot flash oem_b oem_*.img
    3. Flash the ROM in a recovery
    4. Reboot into recovery just to make sure you're on the new slot
    5. OpenGapps
    6. Dual Sim Patcher
    7. (In case a modification prevents your device from booting) fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

Flash the ROM without a recovery:
    1. Extract the payload.bin from the .zip file
    2. Extract the .img files with the Playload Dumper
    3. fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
    4. fastboot flash boot_b boot.img
    5. fastboot flash dtbo_a dtbo.img
    6. fastboot flash dtbo_b dtbo.img
    7. fastboot flash system_a system.img
    8. fastboot flash system_b system.img
    9. fastboot flash vbmeta_a vbmeta.img
    10. fastboot flash vbmeta_b vbmeta.img
    11. fastboot flash vendor_a vendor.img
    12. fastboot flash vendor_b vendor.img
    13. fastboot -w (Wipes your internal storage and the userdata)
    14. Continue with the normal installation
    Is there changelog for the new oem? :)

Yes, the new OEMv2c fixes the incall audio :D

Currently I'm compiling the new release with every fix and optimization in the open source part made since last release + dezember security patch level.