• No.

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Mumiby2

Jan 29, 2018
Kinshasa
Hello guys ! Half-newbie here!
I need to knew which gapps should I flash for XZ3 (H8416). Arm? Arm64? X86? X86_64?? And which size preferably?

Edit : found it ! Arm64

Please excuse my newbieness but TWRP sodp or TWRP stock. And how do i root ? Magisk or SuperSU ?

Last edited:

Mumiby2

Jan 29, 2018
Kinshasa
@MartinX3

Hello I've just installed the rom (a looonng story, but I succeeded) , I do have network signal but no internet... I have installed the right internet parameters provided by the network provider

What should I do to fix this ? It should have displayed LTE or H+ next to signal bar but nothing
Merry Xmas by the way

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
Hello guys ! Half-newbie here!
I need to knew which gapps should I flash for XZ3 (H8416). Arm? Arm64? X86? X86_64?? And which size preferably?

Edit : found it ! Arm64

Please excuse my newbieness but TWRP sodp or TWRP stock. And how do i root ? Magisk or SuperSU ?

A hint is in the thread title.

Magisk.

@MartinX3

Hello I've just installed the rom (a looonng story, but I succeeded) , I do have network signal but no internet... I have installed the right internet parameters provided by the network provider

What should I do to fix this ? It should have displayed LTE or H+ next to signal bar but nothing
Merry Xmas by the way

Please try AOSP 11.

Or maybe you got some issues with your provider.

Mumiby2

Jan 29, 2018
Kinshasa
A hint is in the thread title.

Magisk.

Please try AOSP 11.

Or maybe you got some issues with your provider.

I switched to Lineage OS 17.1. Maybe the issue was the Sony Binaries I flashed (I flashed the last version).
But I was wondering how could I get rid of the glitches appearing here and there while locking the screen or watching videos on Youtube, or swiping pictures on Google Photos...
Graphic drivers compatibility issues ???
It happens on all the roms I tried (PixelExperience 10, Sony AOSP 10, and Lineage 17.1 android 10)

And by the way, last time, I tried Magisk, It messed up with the boot (bootloop) so please tell if I have to do anything else after flashing Magisk via TWRP...

Thanks in advance.

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
I switched to Lineage OS 17.1. Maybe the issue was the Sony Binaries I flashed (I flashed the last version).
But I was wondering how could I get rid of the glitches appearing here and there while locking the screen or watching videos on Youtube, or swiping pictures on Google Photos...
Graphic drivers compatibility issues ???
It happens on all the roms I tried (PixelExperience 10, Sony AOSP 10, and Lineage 17.1 android 10)

And by the way, last time, I tried Magisk, It messed up with the boot (bootloop) so please tell if I have to do anything else after flashing Magisk via TWRP...

Thanks in advance.
Sadly I can't help you with this
I don't get tearing or bootloops with magisk after following my instructions on my XZ2.

Maybe there is an issue ticket on github about the tearing

Mumiby2

Jan 29, 2018
Kinshasa
Sadly I can't help you with this
I don't get tearing or bootloops with magisk after following my instructions on my XZ2.

Maybe there is an issue ticket on github about the tearing

It's not screen tearing. There are stripes of screen noise appearing randomly when the system squeezes the GPU (video playback, games., Etc..). I've never seen them on Stock Rom, even when playing heavy games. Now just a simple swiping image is enough to cause that. Maybe my device is getting old...

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
It's not screen tearing. There are stripes of screen noise appearing randomly when the system squeezes the GPU (video playback, games., Etc..). I've never seen them on Stock Rom, even when playing heavy games. Now just a simple swiping image is enough to cause that. Maybe my device is getting old...
If it happen in stock lineageOS or stock ROM out of nowhere, then it might be.
Or you just achieved to trigger a bug I'm unable to.
But maybe you'll find a matching issue ticket on the issue thread linked on the first page here.

And the development continues in the AOSP 11 thread. :)

Last edited:

Beisik

Aug 27, 2022
I installed it according to the instructions without recovery. I launched it and it didn’t turn on. I downloaded Tama for Android 10 for September. I installed it. It started, but after a couple of minutes the robots itself turns off and goes into recovery to reset the data. And so on all the time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/latest-updates

OEMv2 got released
    Added camera, sound calibration, sensors. Also fixed keymaster and Adreno.

The ROM also got stability updates and enhancements.

The next release I will publish will contain a better camera and fixes against the sound issues (compared to my android 9.0 builds with kernel 4.9).

The XZ2, XZ2c & XZ3 are on a good way thanks to the Sony Open Devices Developers (Volunteers and Sony Employees). :D
    The Sony Open Devices Project is always happy about volunteers (coding, testing, etc) :)
    Also mainlining your favorite snapdragon powered xperia device into the mainline kernel is possible and we will be glad to help you!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

This is the AOSP ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ2 (akari), XZ2C (apollo) and XZ3 (akatsuki)

This ROM build will always mainly based on Sony AOSP Code and maybe include cherry-picks.
    I plan to make monthly builds, after a new security patch level, if there is no need for a critical hotfix.

FAQ:
    jerpelea said:
    for a complete security patch you have to
    1. flash the stock firmware using https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/flash-tool/
    2. build and flash the ROM
    * The security patch may affect or not the proprietary parts depending on HW and implementation
    * After official support ends you can still get security updates for kernel and Android but loader and firmware will be stuck to the latest official release

Bugtracker:

Bugreport:
    • A bugreport needs
      Code:
      logcat -b all
      and a way to reproduce the issue.
    • A crash of the system requires the content of the /sys/fs/pstore folder as bug report
      • Be aware that a second reboot erases this folder
    • A crash to the recovery partition requires additionally the content of the /dev/block/by-name/misc partition
      • You get the content via `cat /dev/block/by-name/misc partition > /path/to/output/file.txt`
    • To rescue a not responding phone:
      • VOLUP+POWER for 3 Seconds -> RESTART with one Vibration.
      • VOLUP+POWER for 20 Seconds -> SHUTDOWN with 3 Vibrations.
      • VOLUP+POWER+CAMERA for 30 Seconds -> HARDWARE SHUTDOWN by discharging a capacitor.

Thank you very much for your help, code contribution & testing! (Random order):
    • @jerpelea, the sony employees and their volunteers (people like you and me) coding this wonderful piece of software
    • @dhacke for providing a download server
    • @Raphos for the initial installation manual without a recovery system, after I switched to OTA zips.
    • @kgvarunkanth for the jenkins build server
    • And many thanks to the few donators! :)

A telegram group for technical SODP stuff:

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSP, ROM for the Xperia XZ2

Contributors
    MartinX3, Sony, SonyAOSP
    Source Code: https://github.com/sonyxperiadev

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Stock Firmware
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    No Longer Updated
    Current Stable Version: 10

Created 2019-09-29
    Last Updated 2020-10-23
    Ok, now using it as my daily driver, as far no issues. Lacking suport for night light mode aka yellow screen and ambient display on proximity and accelerometer. Also no Widevine support then no Netflix., the only drawback for me. And GPay do not pass the security test, supposedly due to selinux or something else. :confused:
    LDAC is not working correctly, stuttering audio on every single codec except SBC at 44.1 KHz. KCal is broken.

Installation procedure:
    • Install the ROM as per OP's guide
    • Install Magisk Manager 7.4.0
    • Copy boot.img to the device via mtp at e.g. /sdcard or /sdcard/downloads
    • Install magisk via magisk manager, chose Manually patch image and select the previously copied boot.img
    • The resulted magisk-patched.img has to be copied back to pc
    • flash magisk-patched.img via fastboot
    • download lastest opengapps beta nano for android 10 (nothing more than 250 Mb)
    • Copy opengapps.zip to the device via mtp
    • Install FK Kernel Manager
    • In FK chose Flasher, uncheck the Reboot after flashing
    • Chose Manual Flasher and pick your opengapps.zip
    • Once flashed go to System settings - System - Reset - Factory reset aka wype everything
    • Wait for the first boot and perform a normal setup with your google account
    • Profit!;)

https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/manager-v7.4.0/MagiskManager-v7.4.0.apk
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/op...ps-arm64-10.0-nano-20191209-BETA.zip/download
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.franco.kernel

Good luck and keep looking at what you're doing, be ready to use Emma flasher and got your data lost.
    Disclaimer: everything at your own risk
    Download & Installation

Download ROM:

Download Drivers:
    • OEM (Tama) binaries
      • Please use the the OEM build which came before my last release, unless otherwise written.

GCAM Camera App:
    • Suggested GCams But GCAM's aren't usable at the moment until a camera hardware resource budget bug got fixed in the OEM binary blob.

Installation with a recovery:
    1. fastboot flash oem_a oem_*.img
    2. fastboot flash oem_b oem_*.img
    3. Flash the ROM in a recovery
    4. Reboot into recovery just to make sure you're on the new slot
    5. OpenGapps
    6. Dual Sim Patcher
    7. (In case a modification prevents your device from booting) fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

Flash the ROM without a recovery:
    1. Extract the payload.bin from the .zip file
    2. Extract the .img files with the Playload Dumper
    3. fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
    4. fastboot flash boot_b boot.img
    5. fastboot flash dtbo_a dtbo.img
    6. fastboot flash dtbo_b dtbo.img
    7. fastboot flash system_a system.img
    8. fastboot flash system_b system.img
    9. fastboot flash vbmeta_a vbmeta.img
    10. fastboot flash vbmeta_b vbmeta.img
    11. fastboot flash vendor_a vendor.img
    12. fastboot flash vendor_b vendor.img
    13. fastboot -w (Wipes your internal storage and the userdata)
    14. Continue with the normal installation
    Is there changelog for the new oem? :)

Yes, the new OEMv2c fixes the incall audio :D

Currently I'm compiling the new release with every fix and optimization in the open source part made since last release + dezember security patch level.