• No.

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Anti-root

Apr 27, 2018
City
www.meandros.com
The specifications of AOSP are impressive in their simplicity. It looks like a heavily de-bloated ROM. I have four questions (concerning XCZ2C but I guess an XZ2 would be similar):
1) How is performance compared to the standard Sony ROM?
2) How is battery compared to the standard Sony ROM?
3) Are all features (except camera for which I read all the comments) available and functional? (If one installs the appropriate Google Apps, of course, for some features - I am aware of that; I mean hardware-wise.)
4) If I encounter problem(s) with installation, can I just flash the Sony firmware and I will be back to normal?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: mirhl

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
What rinigus described is correct. I tried out of the box (stock) with another sim and i could get internet and telephony working.

However we will have to wait a bit since my mobile network provider is having issues with 4G as we speak. I cant even use 4G on my old phone.

Thans for your patience.
Thank you for the information.
So no sleepless night for me [emoji847]

Reactions: rinigus

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
The specifications of AOSP are impressive in their simplicity. It looks like a heavily de-bloated ROM. I have four questions (concerning XCZ2C but I guess an XZ2 would be similar):

1) How is performance compared to the standard Sony ROM?

2) How is battery compared to the standard Sony ROM?

3) Are all features (except camera for which I read all the comments) available and functional? (If one installs the appropriate Google Apps, of course, for some features - I am aware of that; I mean hardware-wise.)

4) If I encounter problem(s) with installation, can I just flash the Sony firmware and I will be back to normal?

Thank you!

1.) same
10.0 with 4.14 gets even more optimizations

2.) Umh, depends on personal daily usage

3.) No Sony stock apps
Camera works, even better with gcam (needs gapps)
Just there are no quality optimizations

4. Of course as long as you don't kill the bootloader or TA partition you can flash anything

rinigus

Nov 15, 2015
Thank you for the information.
So no sleepless night for me [emoji847]

Martin, as you managed to escape sleepless night, do you recall any odd crashes fixed recently on XZ2c? I think I am using AOSP9 as it was in the middle of October and there was discussion regarding some reboots that were fixed by V10 (whatever that is). So, I wonder whatever that V10 contained and what were the sources.

(preparing to fix the issue with the reboot on locking the screen in SFOS)

Anti-root

Apr 27, 2018
City
www.meandros.com
2.) Umh, depends on personal daily usage

Yes, thank you, I know. But I asked how it is, compared not to MY use, but compared to the standard ROM... for anyone who has previously used the standard ROM and now this. You or anyone else! Of course you cannot compare it to MY use...

Vielleicht ist es besser auf Deutsch.. Wie sieht es im Vergleich zu den standard ROM... für jeden, der die standard ROM verwendet hat und jetzt diese.

:confused:

Last edited:

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
Martin, as you managed to escape sleepless night, do you recall any odd crashes fixed recently on XZ2c? I think I am using AOSP9 as it was in the middle of October and there was discussion regarding some reboots that were fixed by V10 (whatever that is). So, I wonder whatever that V10 contained and what were the sources.

Umh
The entire tama platform is quit similar
Especially the xz2 and xz2c
There is only one rare crash at my side I reported
But it happened once in a month
https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/bug_tracker/issues/455

Reactions: rinigus and mirhl

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
Yes, thank you, I know. But I asked how it is, compared not to MY use, but compared to the standard ROM... for anyone who has previously used the standard ROM and now this. You or anyone else! Of course you cannot compare it to MY use...

Vielleicht ist es besser auf Deutsch.. Wie sieht es im Vergleich zu den standard ROM... für jeden, der die standard ROM verwendet hat und jetzt diese.

:confused:
I stop charging at 80% and charge after I reached 15% after a day
I often activate the screen for videos, internet, chat
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Anti-root

ApBBB

Dec 15, 2019

I'll just say that while on AOSP the wake/lock behavior was normal. So this is probably on the SFOS side.

And if martin doesn't feel like sleeping he can always try to install SFOS. And lose sleep for many nights :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ApBBB

Dec 15, 2019
The 4G problem was a false alarm fortunately. As it seems the provider had issues at the time i was testing aosp and the behavior i was experiencing was the same with what i was seeing in SFOS. Hence the wrong conclusion.

Apologies and sorry for the noise.

Anti-root

Apr 27, 2018
City
www.meandros.com
Here is a silly question: I am rooted (XZ2C) with your recovery from the relevant section (stock ROM). Everything works as it should! Now, I want to try the AOSP ROM... and I need Gapps. I need to install Gapps with TWRP. But you specify another recovery (TWRP) for the custom ROM. So, when and how, in the flashing process, I install the recovery for the custom ROM? Or maybe I should not?

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
Here is a silly question: I am rooted (XZ2C) with your recovery from the relevant section (stock ROM). Everything works as it should! Now, I want to try the AOSP ROM... and I need Gapps. I need to install Gapps with TWRP. But you specify another recovery (TWRP) for the custom ROM. So, when and how, in the flashing process, I install the recovery for the custom ROM? Or maybe I should not?
Just follow the instructions
Flashing boot.img removes any recovery

And nice to hear that everything works

Anti-root

Apr 27, 2018
City
www.meandros.com
Thank you for the intervention.
As MartinX3 said, flashing boot.img removes any recovery. So, the recovery for the AOSP ROM has to be flashed. Very nice! In the following efforts I always used the correct recovery, from the site. I also always followed ALL the steps faithfully. So, here are my four attempts (XZ2c):
1) I followed ALL the steps for flashing AOSP, then followed ALL the steps for flashing recovery and Magisk, then rebooted... could not go beyond the recovery initial screen.
2) I flashed firmware again (no recovery, no root). I installed AOSP. Great! Rebooted perfectly. Excellent work!!! Then I tried to flash recovery from there. (I mean after rebooting two or three times I entered "fastboot".) Failure! Fastboot would not listen - although it recognised the device. Would not even boot into recovery!
3) I flashed firmware again (no recovery, no root). I installed AOSP again. Booted in recovery and flashed Gapps and Magisk. AOSP would not boot!
4) Then I flashed firmware again. Then root. Ok! I did my "house-cleaning" and everything works. I will stay like this for now.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: MartinX3

ASMstudent

Aug 28, 2015
I got a red message on boot up that says the device is corrupted and cannot be trusted, shutting down in 5 seconds. I tried flashing sony's sw binary file to boh slots (a&b) but got the same error after trying to boot into twrp.
reflashing full stock fixed the brick.

I have the dual SIM xz2 and flashed the normal xz2 files.

Last edited:

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
I got a red message on boot up that says the device is corrupted and cannot be trusted, shutting down in 5 seconds. I tried flashing sony's sw binary file to boh slots (a&b) but got the same error after trying to boot into twrp.
reflashing full stock fixed the brick.

I have the dual SIM xz2 and flashed the normal xz2 files.
I use the dual sim xz2 too
Please flash every file and OEM in fastboot properly
Try to boot it first without any modification

If you want to use it later with gapps please do a full wipe first.

ASMstudent

Aug 28, 2015
I use the dual sim xz2 too
Please flash every file and OEM in fastboot properly
Try to boot it first without any modification

If you want to use it later with gapps please do a full wipe first.
Booting up directly worked.
Trying to boot up twrp caused the problem again.
It appears that the problem is booting up in twrp on aosp.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts