[EOL][SODP][ROM][OmniROM][XZ2, XZ2C, XZ3] OmniROM 9.0.0_r47 [UNofficial] [Stable]

Should I continue this project?

• Yes, for the XZ2.

Votes: 60 30.2%
  • Yes, for the XZ2C.

Votes: 97 48.7%
  • Yes, for the XZ3.

Votes: 55 27.6%
  • No.

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Hi
I have flogged 20 times already and I can't get out of the bootloop. I have the problem of touch, and sometimes I flick the Apollo-v8 after userdata.img. Other times I flick the boot, vendor, vmeta that indicates in Ghitub. But I don't get the functional rom.
Can you please tell me the steps clearly when it is a dual sim xz2c with touch problem?

Thank you very much and excuse my translation.

I don't know what flick means..

Just (after you booted the newest stock first) follow the instructions of the manual.
And after that flash the newest stuff from the testbuild folder and deactivate vbmeta.

You're welcome.

Reactions: mumal

Lp26

Apr 1, 2019
Oh yeah :D

I won't make an OmniROM 10 release because the arrogant behavior of the OmniROM core team towards me.
(Wrote the reason in the news)

Oh that's too bad :(

So I suppose I should switch back to AOSP ? Is it possible without wiping user data and so on ?
I guess I'd loose all OmniROM stuff ?

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Oh that's too bad :(

So I suppose I should switch back to AOSP ? Is it possible without wiping user data and so on ?
I guess I'd loose all OmniROM stuff ?

Yes, it is sad.

Or you wait for LineageOS 17.1 :p
I always recommend a fullwipe before switching from Android X to Android Y
I use migrate (needs twrp, which I will look into after LineageOS is ready for public testing/usage) and titanium backup (needs only root) as backup & restore solutions :)

mumal

Jul 24, 2011

Just (after you booted the newest stock first) follow the instructions of the manual.
And after that flash the newest stuff from the testbuild folder and deactivate vbmeta.

You're welcome.
Thank you. Some doubts, due to my little English, I find it hard to find the right addresses.
- The instructions in the manual are those of the Post, right?
- Where is the TestBuild folder? And have I deflate that folder after flash userdata.img?
-As I deactivate vmeta?
Sorry for so many questions, I'm desperate and I want to use your excellent work.

mumal

Jul 24, 2011

You're welcome.

The Testbuild folder is SOPD, 4.9 but, flash twrpv8, or flash boot and vendor of v10?
Deactivate vmeta? How do you get rid? or does it mean no flash vmeta?
Thank you.

mumal

Jul 24, 2011
For twrp please use twrp, for the system please use the other one :)

How to deactivate vbmeta is written on the twrp/omnirom/sonyaosp thread on the first page :)

Thanks for answering, but I don't understand.
When it indicates twrp flash twrp and for other system: for twrp which one do I use? the twrp apollo_v8? And for the system, which one should I use?
Most importantly, I don't understand the right steps.
First I made the manual:
FASTBOOT
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot flash oem oem _ *. img (Tama (latest) -> https://developer.sony.com/file/down...rnel-4-9-tama/
(Optional, but mandatory on first boot) fastboot flash userdata userdata.img -> will factory reset the device.
After:
TWRP
(Mandatory on dual sim devices) Dual Sim Patcher
(Optional) https://opengapps.org/ or MicroG
Here, I don't know how I should do:
- Should I flash Apollo_v8?
- Should I flash fastboot flash boot boot.img and fastboot flash vendor vendor.img from Testbuild folder?
- Should I flash other things?
(SORRY, I always VMETA)

I have tried a multitude of options, with Twrp_v8, with boot and vendor, and bootloop, and with different twrp that do not work the touch and I can not continue ...
I strongly urge you to indicate the steps please.
Thank you.:crying:

Last edited:

Lp26

Apr 1, 2019
Yes, it is sad.

Or you wait for LineageOS 17.1 :p
I always recommend a fullwipe before switching from Android X to Android Y
I use migrate (needs twrp, which I will look into after LineageOS is ready for public testing/usage) and titanium backup (needs only root) as backup & restore solutions :)

You mean there will be a support for LineageOS 17.1 ?

And those backups would be compatible from OmniROM 9 to AOSP 10 ? (And I guess there is no way to recover my OmniROM customisation, UI changes and ringtones for instance, correct ?)

Instead of a backup, what could be the risk if I only boot to the image (and not flash it) to see if everything goes well ?

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Thanks for answering, but I don't understand.
When it indicates twrp flash twrp and for other system: for twrp which one do I use? the twrp apollo_v8? And for the system, which one should I use?
Most importantly, I don't understand the right steps.
First I made the manual:
FASTBOOT
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot flash oem oem _ *. img (Tama (latest) -> https://developer.sony.com/file/down...rnel-4-9-tama/
(Optional, but mandatory on first boot) fastboot flash userdata userdata.img -> will factory reset the device.
After:
TWRP
(Mandatory on dual sim devices) Dual Sim Patcher
(Optional) https://opengapps.org/ or MicroG
Here, I don't know how I should do:
- Should I flash Apollo_v8?
- Should I flash fastboot flash boot boot.img and fastboot flash vendor vendor.img from Testbuild folder?
- Should I flash other things?
(SORRY, I always VMETA)

I have tried a multitude of options, with Twrp_v8, with boot and vendor, and bootloop, and with different twrp that do not work the touch and I can not continue ...
I strongly urge you to indicate the steps please.
Thank you.:crying:

I updated the instructions in the OmniROM 9 and TWRP 9 threads :)

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
You mean there will be a support for LineageOS 17.1 ?

And those backups would be compatible from OmniROM 9 to AOSP 10 ? (And I guess there is no way to recover my OmniROM customisation, UI changes and ringtones for instance, correct ?)

Instead of a backup, what could be the risk if I only boot to the image (and not flash it) to see if everything goes well ?

Yes, at the moment compiled for the XZ2 on my local machine to test in my next free time.

Migrate and Titanium only backup your apps, so you can restore them on every phone/rom.

About the customizations -> Google backup did backup some at my side, but make sure you don't make a new google backup on a different rom.

I don't know which issues may occur if you don't wipe your userdata.
Switching between ROMs/android versions may cause issues.

Lp26

Apr 1, 2019
Yes, at the moment compiled for the XZ2 on my local machine to test in my next free time.

Migrate and Titanium only backup your apps, so you can restore them on every phone/rom.

About the customizations -> Google backup did backup some at my side, but make sure you don't make a new google backup on a different rom.

I don't know which issues may occur if you don't wipe your userdata.
Switching between ROMs/android versions may cause issues.
Thanks for your anwser :)

Ok, that would be great, AOSP is a bit… basic ^^

Apps and their content I guess ? (such as message history and so on)
Including system settings ?
After a wipe, will I have to root my phone again ?

Is there a way to do a full backup (including the system ?) just in case something goes wrong and I want to restore it ? (in its initial state before migrating)

I'm not using Google backup (or any Google stuff) so no issue here.

Switching may cause issue, only if I flash it or even with a simple boot ?

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io

Ok, that would be great, AOSP is a bit… basic ^^

Is there a way to do a full backup (including the system ?) just in case something goes wrong and I want to restore it ? (in its initial state before migrating)

I'm not using Google backup (or any Google stuff) so no issue here.

Yes, unless they contain a security feature avoiding backups from 3rd party apps

No and yes, you need to root again

You could try a nandroid backup to backup your entire phone image

Simple boot would not work, different kernels/dtbo partitions
And just booting only contains the kernel, not the rom.

You're welcome. :)

dhacke

Nov 4, 2018

Yes. But for example not manually created folder at the homescreen. That can only do a twrp with 1:1 backup of the data partition.

Not when you only backup user apps with Titanium Backup. There is a action called 'backup all system data' but i never test this.

If you want to install this rom and were on another rom before yes because it comes with his own boot img.
In general: Everytime when you replace the current boot.img against a new one Magisk must be installed new because Magisk lives in the patched boot img.

Yes over twrp (when you backuped all partitions before)

Well a dirty flash can lead to problems. A clean flash is always the better way.

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
About the next ROM which acts as a successor for the OmniROM here
:victory:

(Still work in progress, it is usable like my SODP 10.0 release here, but I need to clean up my entire build environment, optimize it and add xz3/xz2c and while we don't have a twrp for the dualsim patcher [comes later, I promise] I need to build dual sim versions, too).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200129-135557_Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20200129-135557_Einstellungen.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 289

Lp26

Apr 1, 2019
Hello,

I suppose you're busy, especially because of the… complicated situation right now. I was wondering if we can help you in any way to test that new version (and how), if you had enough time to work on it (no hurry ! :).

Take care :)

Top Liked Posts