Eonon GA6151F extremely slow right after startup

Search This thread

JayRayMee.NL

Dec 17, 2005
www.rcblog.nl
What really is bothering me is that right after startup (when the unit has been powered up after starting the car) the entire system is in-cre-di-bly slow.
I often need to use the navigation app (e.g. Sygic in my case) and the unit's so laggy after startup that I need to wait for a couple of minutes with the engine running before the system is "up to speed".

After about a couple of minutes the unit works as it's supposed to: fast and responsive. OS and apps and all.
But after any shutdown that was long enough to force a full bootup (showing the startup logo's etc.) it's all slow and laggy again for the first couple of minutes after startup.

Sygic is pretty much the only additionally installed app, apart from the stock apps.
It is an Eonon (Klyde) GA6151F (for Mazda 3 2004-2009) with MCU version MTCC-KLD6-V2.97, and Android 5.1.1 (rk3188-userdebug 09082016.13:48:16) firmware.

Any tips as to overcome this?

Thanks a lot!!

Last edited:

marchnz

• Nov 26, 2012
    wombleton
    What really is bothering me is that right after startup (when the unit has been powered up after starting the car) the entire system is in-cre-di-bly slow.
    I often need to use the navigation app (e.g. Sygic in my case) and the unit's so laggy after startup that I need to wait for a couple of minutes with the engine running before the system is "up to speed".

After about a couple of minutes the unit works as it's supposed to: fast and responsive. OS and apps and all.
    But after any shutdown that was long enough to force a full bootup (showing the startup logo's etc.) it's all slow and laggy again for the first couple of minutes after startup.

Sygic is pretty much the only additionally installed app, apart from the stock apps.
    It is an Eonon (Klyde) GA6151F (for Mazda 3 2004-2009) with MCU version MTCC-KLD6-V2.97, and Android 5.1.1 (rk3188-userdebug 09082016.13:48:16) firmware.

Any tips as to overcome this?

Thanks a lot!!

Upgrade SOM RAM ICs to 2gb was the answer for my MTCD. Others have commented disabling google services results in additional free memory.

typos1

• Apr 3, 2007
    UK
    Can you please elaborate? How do I upgrade the RAM?
    Thanks.

Theres no such thing as an "Eonon GA6151F" - Eonon are just a seller who mainly sell Klyde units you most probably have a Klyde MTCB or MTCC unit "Eonon GA6151F" so you ll be better off reading/posting in thread in the MTCB section because your unit is the same inside as the 1000s of other MTCB//C units made by 10s of different manufacturers and sold by 100s of different sellers. "GA6151F" is a made up name by Eonon and wont mean anything to anyone on here because we use manufacture names to identify units - this can be found in the settings/about device screen after the letters "MCU" - the numbers and letters tell us the manufacturer and MCU type.

Your ll find info on the 2GB RAM upgrade in the MTCB hardware mod forum.

Its probably also a good idea to read the wiki in my signature.

EDIT: I checked, you have an MTCC unit.

Last edited:

airlink75

Oct 24, 2016
    Paris
    Hi
    For my part i have a GA6163F from Eonon, which is the same device onboard (RK3188 MTCC) except for the screen (7 inch vs 8 inch).
    Anyway, when i bought mine, I flashed the 5.1.1 ROM of Malaysk because I wanted to use TomTom on my device. It worked good but like you the unit was very slow on startup and i had to wait between 3 and 5 minutes before launch my TomTom app.
    Last week I've seen that our unit (MTCC device) is compatible with a downgrade on Android 4.4.4. So I tested and it's UNBELIEVABLE ! The unit is really fast. Startup in 30 seconds, TomTom works really good, interface is really fluid.

So my tips is to flash this ROM :
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70647239&postcount=6748

I was thinking about adding 1GB of RAM before but with this ROM, for my usage it's not necessary. I suggest you to take a look on it.

Cheers,
    Airlink

typos1

• Apr 3, 2007
    UK
    Hi
    For my part i have a GA6163F from Eonon, which is the same device onboard (RK3188 MTCC) except for the screen (7 inch vs 8 inch).
    Anyway, when i bought mine, I flashed the 5.1.1 ROM of Malaysk because I wanted to use TomTom on my device. It worked good but like you the unit was very slow on startup and i had to wait between 3 and 5 minutes before launch my TomTom app.
    Last week I've seen that our unit (MTCC device) is compatible with a downgrade on Android 4.4.4. So I tested and it's UNBELIEVABLE ! The unit is really fast. Startup in 30 seconds, TomTom works really good, interface is really fluid.

So my tips is to flash this ROM :
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70647239&postcount=6748

I was thinking about adding 1GB of RAM before but with this ROM, for my usage it's not necessary. I suggest you to take a look on it.

Cheers,
    Airlink

When I got mine it was on 4.4.4, I upgraded to 5.1.1 and find it fine, I ve also upgraded the RAM.

But the point of my post was to tell you that you dont have an Eonon GA6151F, because theres no such thing - you have a Klyde MTCC unit whihc is exactly the same as any other Klyde MTCC unit, apart from screen size, no matter whether its for a Ford, a BMW, an Audi or a universal unit like mine - theyre all the same inside. :)

airlink75

Oct 24, 2016
    Paris
    When I got mine it was on 4.4.4, I upgraded to 5.1.1 and find it fine, I ve also upgraded the RAM.

But the point of my post was to tell you that you dont have an Eonon GA6151F, because theres no such thing - you have a Klyde MTCC unit whihc is exactly the same as any other Klyde MTCC unit, apart from screen size, no matter whether its for a Ford, a BMW, an Audi or a universal unit like mine - theyre all the same inside. :)

Well, I know that my device is a Klyde MTCC. Otherwise how would I know what ROM flash ? But you do well to specify it again to be absolutely clear for those who are not used to with this jargon. ;)
    I just wanted to point that before spend money or because you don't know to disassemble your device, there are others things which can be tested before adding 1GB of RAM. That's my opinion.

But, that you said is really interesting. I thought that Android 5.1.1 handle badly the RAM, but the problem is maybe the only 1GB RAM with this OS. For me Android 4.4.4 consume less of RAM and works better my 1GB.
    Do you use some "big GPS apps" like TomTom or Sygic on your Klyde MTCC 2GB RAM ?

Really appreciate to share experiences with you to understand better how this device react to the OS and RAM.

Thanks,
    Airlink

typos1

• Apr 3, 2007
    UK
    Well, I know that my device is a Klyde MTCC. Otherwise how would I know what ROM flash ? But you do well to specify it again to be absolutely clear for those who are not used to with this jargon. ;)
    I just wanted to point that before spend money or because you don't know to disassemble your device, there are others things which can be tested before adding 1GB of RAM. That's my opinion.

But, that you said is really interesting. I thought that Android 5.1.1 handle badly the RAM, but the problem is maybe the only 1GB RAM with this OS. For me Android 4.4.4 consume less of RAM and works better my 1GB.
    Do you use some "big GPS apps" like TomTom or Sygic on your Klyde MTCC 2GB RAM ?

Really appreciate to share experiences with you to understand better how this device react to the OS and RAM.

Thanks,
    Airlink

5.1.1 stores running apps in cache, so regularly clearing the cache helps overcome the lags with 1GB.

2GB can run all sorts of bigger spps, yes.

But my point, which you havent understood yet I think, is that there was no need to open a specific thread for your unit because it is the same as all the other MTCB/C units and if everyone did that then there would be literally 100,00s of thousands of threads about duplicate devices and problems. See ? You do not have a "GA5161F", you have an MTCB/C head unit made by Klyde ! :)

F

FreddieDiniz

Help with EONON unit RAM (too slow)

Theres no such thing as an "Eonon GA6151F" - Eonon are just a seller who mainly sell Klyde units you most probably have a Klyde MTCB or MTCC unit "Eonon GA6151F" so you ll be better off reading/posting in thread in the MTCB section because your unit is the same inside as the 1000s of other MTCB//C units made by 10s of different manufacturers and sold by 100s of different sellers. "GA6151F" is a made up name by Eonon and wont mean anything to anyone on here because we use manufacture names to identify units - this can be found in the settings/about device screen after the letters "MCU" - the numbers and letters tell us the manufacturer and MCU type.

Your ll find info on the 2GB RAM upgrade in the MTCB hardware mod forum.

Its probably also a good idea to read the wiki in my signature.

EDIT: I checked, you have an MTCC unit.

Could you please link to some specific content about RAM upgrade for a EONON head unit?
    I've just got a EONON GA2186, and I find it very slow, both regarding to app running and responsiveness.
    I've read something (this is my first contact whit this subject) and I guess I need to understand what is MTCC, PX3 and PX5, etc. Is it possible that you could guide a non-fluent in English through what I really need to know in order to have it running faster, without lag and more responsive to touch? What do I need to buy/change? A "core" or is there just the RAM part to replace?
    I'll appreciate your help very much.
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

LionX1969

Jul 21, 2018
    I have the Eonon GA6163F radio in a Mazda 3 2012. Unfortunately, by playing with updates, I partially paralyzed the radio. Unfortunately, Eonon no longer has the appropriate software, so I need your help. Who has the right software for me?

Ich habe das Eonon GA6163F Radio in einem Mazda 3 2012.
    Ich habe durch das Spielen mit Updates leider das Radio teilweise lahmgelegt. Eonon hat leider die passende Softwar nicht mehr, darum bin ich auf Eure Hilfe angewiesen. Wer hat die passende Software für mich?

Last edited by a moderator: