Epic 4G Phone Battery Reviews

Search This thread

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
Ive been happy with the investment, much happier, well as happy as I could be considering the OEM batteries were useless and I used to have to switch batteries when I was out and about, which could be a real pain not to mention extra things to carry.

I am toying with the idea of going with an 1800 OEM given the terrible experience I have had with the off brands, and because I hate how fat my phone is (my son calls it a brick) . Also the battery door, that was initially snug and fit well, after a few drops, well, now not so much. So rather than shell out 15 bucks for another back door (not to mention have to call the order in) I may try one of the OEM 1800s for the touch. Though I am wary, looks like some bait and switch even on Amazon.

Anyhow if they work out for me, or if I pull the trigger on a new phone (unlikely since I just bought the Tablet S) , I will let you test it, even though it is far from prime condition now

I should note that I am a software professional and also have had family in the hospital, so I was willing to pay for the reliability , even if it was a bit of a bitter pill. It would seem there would be a place in the market for someone to come in and make money, do it better than the cheap-os and cheaper than Seidio.
Regarding the battery door, does the battery not fit under one of the back covers that came with the generic fat batts?? I often hear Seidio (or maybe it was Mugen?) back covers aren't as well received as the generic ones anyway, so if you stick with the Seidio you could always see if you still have one or buy another generic fat battery on the cheap and I could end up reviewing that instead or both, your call.

Amazon is likely hit or miss on anything that doesn't have Prime enabled (aka a highly trusted partner of Amazon themselves) and it's give or take the same experience as Ebay where you should realize that after a certain price or lower, there's no way it can be genuine OEM (and profitable).

Should you go slim once more, my offer stands on testing your Seidio, it's ok if it's got some miles on it. Do you maybe have an email invoice or something that can tell you just how long you've had it, for I always insist on including when a battery I review was purchased and for how much. (also whether or not you send it my way, I'm curious all the same at how long you've had it and what you paid originally)

vobguy

Apr 29, 2011
Richmond, VA
Regarding the battery door, does the battery not fit under one of the back covers that came with the generic fat batts??
Unfortunately no, at least the ones I had would not fit the Seidio battery. It was close but a no-go. I tried it when I got it initially because I liked the shape of the Generic door better (it had a good chunk of the phone that was still somewhat slim). They are long gone now anyhow.
Since my last drop I have been using a bit of scotch tape to keep the door on one side, I open the other side to get at the battery when I have to.

I will let you know how it works out. Unfortunately the only Prime shipping battery was "delivered in 1-2 months" so I went with a different vendor

Since I got the Seidio at Amazon I am sure I can find out when i got it, I think it was around April 2011.

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
That's a shame, I swore I heard it would fit under there. I'll see if I can modify one of my millions of them to work and if so I'll send it back along with the battery if you decide to have me review it.

1chance

Feb 28, 2012
slo ca.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

Just got a cheap 5 $ chinese 3500mah from amazon 3 months I've been sittin on this thing and decided to drop it in for giggles... it rated at 75 % battery charge and I've never used it before ... no name chinese from amazon A+ :) I'm sure I could get a part # or sumfin hit me up if interested

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
Drop it in?? You mean you want me to take a look at it??

The part # is most likely bogus so that wouldn't be important, and what do you mean "75% battery charge" if you mean the first time you plug it in, you have to charge it up first. Most Li-Ion batteries store best between 70-80% charge, so that's likely why it's 75%. I'd sit it on the charger at 100% as long as you can so the battery can tender, then run it a couple cycles for best battery life.

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
Finally reviewed an Anker 1800mAh!!
Anker "1800mAh" --February 11th 2014-- $11.99
y3dHjOe.jpg

Acquired February 11th 2014-- $11.99(NEW)

Reactions: Mr_You and Veeshush

Veeshush

Feb 6, 2014
Finally reviewed an Anker 1800mAh!!

Very nice, looks like they do perform practically to spec! I hadn't even heard of Anker till I signed up to these forums over the past few weeks. And it's great to finally have something to backup all reviews they get. :D Looks like I found my battery! <3

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
Very nice, looks like they do perform practically to spec! I hadn't even heard of Anker till I signed up to these forums over the past few weeks. And it's great to finally have something to backup all reviews they get. :D Looks like I found my battery! <3
It was very impressive indeed! One of the best rated to actual performance I've dealt with!

I wish the OEM 1800 battery I had was newer so I could have seen which was better out of the box (based on my limited sampling that is)

Veeshush

Feb 6, 2014
As I told iviyth0s in a PM this Onite battery actually had a bad review from someone apparently here on the forums:
Purchased and arrived in good condition and packaging. The battery holds a charge for 4 hours.And that's with NO use, turning off all syncing off, using Greenify app and other battery saving mods like "Crossbreeder" This was both using STOCK ROM and latest the latest version of android as well (Cyanogen 4.4.2 Kitkat) Plus various other ROMS as well. EVEN IN AIRPLANE MODE the battery is crap. I am an XDA developer BTW!!!
http://www.amazon.com/Onite-Recharg...?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

Maybe that guy just got a bad batch. If anyone knows of a "dude love 'socko' " point 'em over here. If he'd be up for it it'd be interesting to test his battery if he still has it.

To me it looks like a pretty decent battery though.

Last edited:
Reactions: fendikipli30

Top Liked Posts