• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

EPST menu ?

Search This thread

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
How do I access the epst menu through android ? I knew in windows mobile I just used sharkies app but how can I access it now that I'm on android ?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Bump ? Anybody ? what im looking for is a way to get into the programing menu of the phone . like to view call timers and change certain things . also how can i obtain my MSL ? i feel like i may need to revert to windows mobile to set my settings then reflash to android

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
I don't believe that exists for android.... I have never heard of such a menu.... What exactly are you trying to access?

Well in windows mobile it was extremely easy. The EPST menu allows access to many things. One in particular i was looking for was changing the radio scan interval. If you changed that it wouldnt ping for towers as often thus saving much battery life. On my Touch Pro 2 with sprint, since i was in great service everywhere, i lowed the value and extened my battery life by up to 3 hours. which is a lot lol. I was looking for something like that in android to do the same. But im on a Galaxy S 2 now so i havent even thought of it.

abmantis

Sep 14, 2007
Well in windows mobile it was extremely easy. The EPST menu allows access to many things. One in particular i was looking for was changing the radio scan interval. If you changed that it wouldnt ping for towers as often thus saving much battery life. On my Touch Pro 2 with sprint, since i was in great service everywhere, i lowed the value and extened my battery life by up to 3 hours. which is a lot lol. I was looking for something like that in android to do the same. But im on a Galaxy S 2 now so i havent even thought of it.

How was it done in WinMo?
Are these settings stored in the ROM or the Radio? If they're stored on the radio, maybe if I change them in WinMo they'll stay even after flashing Android? Or maybe not...

The ability to change the radio scan interval also seems very useful, specially if you live in a zone with great service coverage.

Last edited:

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
How was it done in WinMo?
Are these settings stored in the ROM or the Radio? If they're stored on the radio, maybe if I change them in WinMo they'll stay even after flashing Android? Or maybe not...

The ability to change the radio scan interval also seems very useful, specially if you live in a zone with great service coverage.

It was an app that sharkie made. And I have no idea I pretty much gave up lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2