Equalizer broken with the new Oreo update

shahzehan

Feb 14, 2018
My P10+ vky-al00 recently got the Oreo and EMUI 8 update. The update is fine except for the fact that that it completely broke the phone's equalizer. Every time I use equalizer settings while listening to music via a pair of 3.5mm earphones, I get a high-pitched whiney distorted sound. This applies to pretty much every music and equalizer app on the Play store.

Does anyone also have this issue? Is there a fix?

chubbs75

Jan 6, 2018
My P10+ vky-al00 recently got the Oreo and EMUI 8 update. The update is fine except for the fact that that it completely broke the phone's equalizer. Every time I use equalizer settings while listening to music via a pair of 3.5mm earphones, I get a high-pitched whiney distorted sound. This applies to pretty much every music and equalizer app on the Play store.

Try it on loudspeaker.

Lunchbox72

Feb 19, 2018
I'm having the same issues with my mate 9 after the Oreo update. Every equalizer app I've tried no longer works no matter the music service (google, Spotify, podcasts, downloaded music etc) whether using wired headphones or Bluetooth headphones. When turned on the music becomes extremely distorted. I had no problems before the Oreo update.
I get the same problem with Bluetooth loudspeakers.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Seems like it is directly related to the bass boosting aspect. I was able to get Equalizer FX to work and sound decent with bass boost turned off and just manually adjust the equalizer settings. The second the bass boost effect is turned on it gets all distorted.

Last edited:

discoheaven

Feb 24, 2018
I have the same issue with my Huawei mate 9. I reported the issue to Huawei official support center, but I do not know if the issue will be fixed.

My article about this issue:
https://qiita.com/discoheavan/items/eb800288717b9d44a4f0

Last edited:

Mereno

Jun 23, 2011
I too have been experiencing this audio anomaly when using wired or Bluetooth headphones and I agree that this has something to do with the bass augmentation of a stand-alone equalizer app or player with built-in equalizer. Disabling it helps but, in my case, when I hit the next or previous song button during the song it happens again. If I let the song continue without interruption, the sound continues to be fine. Weird. I hope this is fixed soon.

MysteAyie

Mar 26, 2018
Yes, its was happen to me also. listening music with equalizer apps, the so freak like singer whispering to your ears. But when i turn the EQ off, the sound normal. Before updating to android 8, the EQ apps work like a champ. Sounds really boosted. Heard android 8.0 having some bugs on audio.

1_X_2

Mar 27, 2018
Same problem with P10+ and using eq FX bass booster, and when search a new song or click next-button, th eq turns off and had to started again. Why an earth P10 models have no in-built equalizer :/

P.K.Shivaram

Aug 25, 2017
Aruppukottai
Same problem with P10+ and using eq FX bass booster, and when search a new song or click next-button, th eq turns off and had to started again. Why an earth P10 models have no in-built equalizer :/
Same problem for me also, but i have Honor 8 Pro (EMUI 8.0), with Equalizer FX pro. if i enabled the Bass Booster option some kind of serious noise is coming. And i tried with many other equalizer app on play store, but no use same distortion sound is coming. But on Nougat it was so fine.

it is the problem of all EMUI 8.0 users, but here only few peoples are complaining about this. how the Huawei going to take this as serious problem. :confused:

Last edited:

Floodland

Aug 29, 2011
Buenos Aires
Audio effects in Oreo seems to be seriously broken. Major League dsps (v4a, jamesdsp) aren't working either. Seems there is no way to load them, until now at least.
I've got some basic Jetaudio effects/equalization to work, but still pretty far of what I expect...

vhaiker

Jun 13, 2009
Today new fw was released VTR-L29 8.0.0.365(C432) -still not working.
1st official fw release VTR-L29 8.0.0.360(C432) not working.

because equalizer is too important for me, I have to downgrade again to
VTR-L29C432B185(last nougat version)

at least its possible through Huawei Firmware finder, but You need to have backup from High Suite. (downgrade will wipe all your data and phone will be set as new device)

Addicted2Bass

Sep 30, 2012
Got an Huawei P Smart out of the box with Emui8, i also can't use an equalizer, i always used EqualizerFX to, if turn on Bass booster i hear almost nothing of the music is playing
I had write to dutch support of Huawei but didnt get a proper anwser, so asked them again why i can't adjust the bass, and i think there is no nougat rom for my phone, was thinking for replacing for another phone

igor.talas

Aug 14, 2018
Confirm and no solution

I can confirm, that problem with equalizer is still the same - Huawei P8 lite - I tried a lot of apps - equalizer with headphones or bluethoot not working (only high noise). Android 8.0.0., EMUI 8.0.0. :(

discoheaven

Feb 24, 2018
I confirmed the malfunction of bassboost was fixed on my mate 9 by updating OS to android pie.
Perhaps the other huawei devices may also work fine with the latest OS. Has anyone confirmed?

stevedyp

Jan 8, 2015
P10 lite eq

There is a reasonable way to get your oreo updated device which is missing eq, to function in acceptable parameters. Download stellio player and merge it's functional eq and bass boost with eqfy, which is Spotify official equalizer. Find the best settings and enjoy. It's not perfect but it's much better than nothing, and no pitch sounds.