Error - 3 apps kept open for quick launching

Search This thread

ziggyjustice

May 11, 2016
I am experiencing an error when I lock only one app and it thinks I have locked three. I hit the Close All button to clear out all apps except for the ones I have locked open, but only one remains. After one app is locked the a notification appears at the bottom of the screen stating "3 apps kept open for quick launching" and the "Keep open for quick launching" option is grayed out.

S20 locked apps not appearing in recents https://imgur.com/gallery/Yf4KkcK

Is there any place to find apps that I have locked open? Or maybe just unlock all apps and start over?

ReazonNL

Nov 9, 2015
Tilburg
I am experiencing an error when I lock only one app and it thinks I have locked three. I hit the Close All button to clear out all apps except for the ones I have locked open, but only one remains. After one app is locked the a notification appears at the bottom of the screen stating "3 apps kept open for quick launching" and the "Keep open for quick launching" option is grayed out.

( . . . )

Is there any place to find apps that I have locked open? Or maybe just unlock all apps and start over?

Since today I'm having the exact same issue on my Galaxy S10. In my case I think it happened because I already had 2 apps locked in One UI 2.1. After installing the new update for One UI 2.5, the 2 locked apps (WhatsApp and Instagram) disappeared from the Recent Apps list. I can re-lock WhatsApp and Instagram, or any other app for that matter, but when I want to lock a second app, it's grayed out. I've tried rebooting, shutdown for approx. 1 minute, cleaning cache and memory with several different apps, nothing seems to fix it. If a factory reset appears to be the only solution, I'll let it be for what it is now. It -is- annoying though.

(I have a non-rooted device, so my options are limited)

ReazonNL

Nov 9, 2015
Tilburg
reset defaults on the apps your trying to pin

I just tried this with Instagram and Whatsapp, didn't work either. I even deleted the whole Instagram app (including leftovers) and re-installed the app. Still the option "Keep open for quick launching" is grayed out. Not only with the Instagram app, but with other apps too. The only app I have pinned at this very moment, is WhatsApp. If I unpin WhatsApp, it does let me pin another app, but just 1. The second app I want to pin, is then grayed out again. (I can make screenshots or a screenrecord if you'd like to get a better look at the problem)