Error 32% systems update, erase, after odin flash for s8 plus need help

Search This thread

malek160

Aug 1, 2018
Algeria
I have a big problem with my galaxy S8 plus, at the beginning I had a problem with the bootload after having made the last update, my phone reboot constantly (bootloops), then I flashed it with Odin, and I get another problem, after the flash the systems update stops at 32% ===== erasing then it restarts again, I even tried the PIT flash method it does not work

Reactions: gotiyaa

paul_59

Feb 6, 2011
I have a big problem with my galaxy S8 plus, at the beginning I had a problem with the bootload after having made the last update, my phone reboot constantly (bootloops), then I flashed it with Odin, and I get another problem, after the flash the systems update stops at 32% ===== erasing then it restarts again, I even tried the PIT flash method it does not work

S8+ has at least two major variants,

Qualcomm and Exynos.

Might be helpful if you can advise of your model number and also which version of Odin and which Samsung firmware you're trying to flash

Dudash

Mar 28, 2010
Cincinnati

When Odin is done flashing a firmware on the S8 or S8+, it will always boot the phone into recovery, install the update to 32%, say "Erasing", then reboot like normal. After that, it should boot straight into Android. If you are having problems with it not booting into Android, it sounds like there is a bigger problem.

galarond

Dec 27, 2010
Lima
try to boot into recovery and wipe there then turn off then download mode, flash again and see what happened, if still happens force power off then turn on and see if still goes into bootloop

alfredobalan

Nov 18, 2014
Mérida
Hello, the same thing happened to me and I solved it this way:
Flash firmware with odin when restarting will get stuck in 32% and error will go out, enter the native recovery and make wipe data factory reset and then restart the phone. When you turn it on again, the screen may freeze, you just have to force the restart. That worked for me, I hope it works for them.

ik2019

Jan 18, 2019
Samsung galaxy s7 edge - SM-G935F BTU model UK Model Factory Unlocked

I have the same issue. Flashed firmware with ODIN. Rebooted phone got to 32% update then erasing then just stuck on the samsung logo. Pressed volume up and home cannot get into recovery mode to factory reset or wipe cache. Rebooted again with volume down and power of and home button. Now the blue light is on and the go back and two boxes buttons on. Any can resolve? cheers

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Alfredoban: how did get into native recovery and force restart when the phone freezes?

Last edited:
Reactions: FPThatea

gotiyaa

Mar 30, 2017
Flash firmware with odin when restarting will get stuck in 32% and error will go out, enter the native recovery and make wipe data factory reset and then restart the phone. When you turn it on again, the screen may freeze, you just have to force the restart. That worked for me, I hope it works for them.

Did Someone manage to fix this?

Thanks to alfredobalan for the hint.

This is how i resolved it for my Samsung Note8.
  • Connect phone to charger.
  • Now press and hold volume down, bixby and power button at same time.
  • Release after u see a blank screen.
  • Now phone will start displaying charging percent circle.
  • Now u can remove the phone from charger.
  • Now press volume up, bixby and power button at same time.
  • Phone will reboot, leave power button but keep holding other 2 buttons.
  • After you see android/system update installing screen, leave these 2 buttons
  • Wait for few seconds and phone will show no update and then will show recovery menu.
  • with volume keys go to "wipe cache" and press power key.
  • after that select "wipe data/reset" and press power key.
  • after that select reboot phone and press power key
  • now phone will go to Samsung logo screen and you may think that it is again stuck in bootloop
  • But no, wait for some time->for me it was less than 4-5 min
  • and you will see the installing apps and other messages on screen

FPThatea

Dec 19, 2013
Roing

I have the same issue. Flashed firmware with ODIN. Rebooted phone got to 32% update then erasing then just stuck on the samsung logo. Pressed volume up and home cannot get into recovery mode to factory reset or wipe cache. Rebooted again with volume down and power of and home button. Now the blue light is on and the go back and two boxes buttons on. Any can resolve? cheers

I have the same problem with this. I tried hard but not working. Struck on Bootloop. tried to followed the below steps also but not success. Any suggestion please?

I checked 'nand-erase' while flashing the stock rom? How can I get back my Tablet (SM-T385) Please help.

FPThatea

Dec 19, 2013
Roing
thanks to alfredobalan for the hint.

This is how i resolved it for my samsung note8.
  • connect phone to charger.
  • now press and hold volume down, bixby and power button at same time.
  • release after u see a blank screen.
  • now phone will start displaying charging percent circle.
  • now u can remove the phone from charger.
  • now press volume up, bixby and power button at same time.
  • phone will reboot, leave power button but keep holding other 2 buttons.
  • after you see android/system update installing screen, leave these 2 buttons
  • wait for few seconds and phone will show no update and then will show recovery menu.
  • now phone will go to samsung logo screen and you may think that it is again stuck in bootloop
  • but no, wait for some time->for me it was less than 4-5 min

wow... Works fine. Thank you.

syaheer

Aug 5, 2019
pls help

i tried all of the above but still dont work after i followed the wipe cache then wipe data and reboot it goes back to black screen and when i plug my charger it stuck on charging circle screen

kpeti515

Sep 12, 2021
The only way what solved the problem for me: Start ODIN as system administrator. I still received the system update and erase screens, but after a half minute the tablet started normally ith "optimizing apps" screen. Hope it will help anybody if nothing above.

leonthekill

Dec 31, 2021
mano tbm tava cm isso cm o j7 pro fiz de tudo e n consegui
ai resolvi pegar so o arquivo AP da rom e instalar e iniciou d boa espero ter ajudado

Translated by GT:
bro, i had it with the j7 pro, i did everything and i couldn't
then I decided to just take the AP file from the rom and install it and started it, I hope I helped

Last edited by a moderator:

leonthekill

Dec 31, 2021
Mano tinha feito de tudo instalei rom umas 10 vezes e n consegui procurei videos e nd ai resolvi instalar apenas o arquivo AP da rom original dei start e pronto o celular J7 pro iniciou normalmente

Translated by GT: Mano I had done everything I installed the rom about 10 times and I couldn't look for videos and then I decided to install only the AP file of the original rom I started and that's it, the J7 pro cell started normally

Last edited by a moderator:

Badger50

Senior Moderator
Staff member
@leonthekill

As a courtesy, I have translated your last 2 posts. Please be observant and respectful of XDA Rule #4 for all of your future posts:

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

Thank you: Badger50 FSM

Alons13

Aug 13, 2015
Cordoba, Argentina
im still stuck, S8+ SM-g955FD i get to recovery sometimes and get this

File-Based OTA
Supported API: 3
E: unknown volume for path [/odm]
E: unknown volume for path [/vendor]

# MANUAL MODE v1.0.0#
can't open directory '/system/omc/SUP/etc/sysconfig' . (No such file or directory)
can't open directory '/system/omc/SUP/etc/cid/sysconfig' . (No such file or directory)
can't open directory '/system/omc/SUP/etc/permissions' . (No such file or directory)
E:[libfs_mgr]is_dt_compatible(): firmware info

Any ideas?
Thx in Advanced.

RizkiMaulana

Dec 2, 2016
im still stuck, S8+ SM-g955FD i get to recovery sometimes and get this

File-Based OTA
Supported API: 3

# MANUAL MODE v1.0.0#
can't open directory '/system/omc/SUP/etc/sysconfig' . (No such file or directory)
can't open directory '/system/omc/SUP/etc/cid/sysconfig' . (No such file or directory)
can't open directory '/system/omc/SUP/etc/permissions' . (No such file or directory)
E:[libfs_mgr]is_dt_compatible(): firmware info

Any ideas?
Thx in Advanced.
I am also having this problem. please help us

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Did Someone manage to fix this?

Thanks to alfredobalan for the hint.

This is how i resolved it for my Samsung Note8.
    • Connect phone to charger.
    • Now press and hold volume down, bixby and power button at same time.
    • Release after u see a blank screen.
    • Now phone will start displaying charging percent circle.
    • Now u can remove the phone from charger.
    • Now press volume up, bixby and power button at same time.
    • Phone will reboot, leave power button but keep holding other 2 buttons.
    • After you see android/system update installing screen, leave these 2 buttons
    • Wait for few seconds and phone will show no update and then will show recovery menu.
    • now phone will go to Samsung logo screen and you may think that it is again stuck in bootloop
    • But no, wait for some time->for me it was less than 4-5 min
    Sorry for bumping but did you found a fix? I'm having the same issue.

Whoops, I was impacient. A wipe fixed this.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Alfredoban: how did get into native recovery and force restart when the phone freezes?