• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Error booting Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (prague)

Search This thread

TheLokins47

Feb 28, 2021
Hello guys, i have a P8 Lite 2017 and i have successfully unlock the bootloader and install custom TWRP, but after i tried to flash some Custom Rom (i tried LineageOs 16.1 and DotOs based on Android 9) when i try to boot at the screen "Your device has been unlocked and can't be trusted." the ROMs doesn't boot it appears the message "Your device is booting now..." someone got the same problem and fixed it?

photo_2021-03-26_20-55-37.jpg

ralovesoc

Oct 11, 2020
Iasi
Xiaomi Mi 11
Hello guys, i have a P8 Lite 2017 and i have successfully unlock the bootloader and install custom TWRP, but after i tried to flash some Custom Rom (i tried LineageOs 16.1 and DotOs based on Android 9) when i try to boot at the screen "Your device has been unlocked and can't be trusted." the ROMs doesn't boot it appears the message "Your device is booting now..." someone got the same problem and fixed it?

View attachment 5261023
That's because newer versions of EMUI prevent you from booting custom ROMs
I had the same issue
The way i fixed it was i flashed an older EMUI through Dload

Downgrading EMUI

Download this : https://androidhost.ru/1JVE
Extract it and put the dload folder into the root of ur sdcard
Turn off the phone
Press power and vol + & - buttons
Once u see huawei logo stop pressing power but keep doing on volume buttons
It will install

Now that you have downgraded your EMUI , you can unlock your bootloader again , flash TWRP, and flash your favourite ROM!

I hope i helped you ))