Question Error bootloader

Search This thread

juaki

hello! First of all, I don't know if this topic is in this subforum or in another. If it's not here, I'm sorry. I've been trying to lock the bootloader for days before flashing the stock immediately. I try it from fasboot flashing lock and I get this: "failed (remote: 'invalid android images, skip locking') fastboot: error: command failed ". I have the r33 of Adb fasboot. I have restarted in fasboot and from there choose to restart in bootloader as I read in the forums and the same. what happens is that regardless of the ROM, root or mod to pass the safetynet. wallet and among other apps it detects them as root or similar....

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
hello! First of all, I don't know if this topic is in this subforum or in another. If it's not here, I'm sorry. I've been trying to lock the bootloader for days before flashing the stock immediately. I try it from fasboot flashing lock and I get this: "failed (remote: 'invalid android images, skip locking') fastboot: error: command failed ". I have the r33 of Adb fasboot. I have restarted in fasboot and from there choose to restart in bootloader as I read in the forums and the same. what happens is that regardless of the ROM, root or mod to pass the safetynet. wallet and among other apps it detects them as root or similar....
I assume you're trying to relock the bootloader? You cannot do this if any of the images have been modified, including Magisk patching. You have to flash back to stock first.

If you are trying to use payment apps, please see this thread.

juaki

yes of course. I have the stock of May. no root or patched init.boot or magisk. Totally stock except for the bootloader, which I intend to close since with no method or module I can get the wallet and other things to work for me. in wallet it says "this device does not meet the requirements". I don't know if a partition has been touched or something, because before I had the crDroid...

yes of course. I have the stock of May. no root or patched init.boot or magisk. Totally stock except for the bootloader, which I intend to close since with no method or module I can get the wallet and other things to work for me. in wallet it says "this device does not meet the requirements". I don't know if a partition has been touched or something, because before I had the crDroid...
I wonder why that is. I don't use wallet for payments but I did use it for Megadeth last year and I have my Covid info on it.

I see people having issues so I tried to add a few cards and had no issues, but I know there are people like you where it just doesn't work

juaki

I wonder why that is. I don't use wallet for payments but I did use it for Megadeth last year and I have my Covid info on it.

I see people having issues so I tried to add a few cards and had no issues, but I know there are people like you where it just doesn't work
The fact is that it worked perfectly for me with root, stock ROM, safetynet 2.40 mod 1.2 module and Kira kernel. anyway...

• Angry
Reactions: HipKat

juaki

indeed. What I wanted to say is that it used to work for me, and suddenly it has stopped working for me in any ROM. with module or without it, with root or without it. and when flashing the stock in both slots and doing the relevant process, I can't block the bootloader. I honestly don't know what to do anymore. The phone passes the safetynet test.

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
indeed. What I wanted to say is that it used to work for me, and suddenly it has stopped working for me in any ROM. with module or without it, with root or without it. and when flashing the stock in both slots and doing the relevant process, I can't block the bootloader. I honestly don't know what to do anymore. The phone passes the safetynet test.
For locking the bootloader, you many want to try Android Flash Tool. Select "Force Flash all Partitions", "Lock Device" and "Wipe".

Reactions: NippleSauce

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
What @Lughnasadh has said is your best bet if you are not familiar manually wiping/modifying your phone. If you are not rooted and your phone system image is stock, then you need to lock your bootloader.

As Google has posted on their site a good number of times, you cannot use any of their security based services with an unlocked bootloader.

With root access, you can circumvent these restrictions. But without root access, you need to lock your bootloader. And when you attempt to do so, be sure that you don't utilize the newer versions of platform-tools as they seem to still cause problems.

Reactions: Lughnasadh

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230603-072403.png
    Screenshot_20230603-072403.png
    293.6 KB · Views: 23

simplepinoi177

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Yeah if I could have found it but the version I have on my phone is the one I listed, or it's named wrong
Apologies in advanced if I misunderstood...

the one you listed & the one on your phone is the same one in the Github V0latyle linked (from Displax's very own USNF fork Github) -- it is not named wrong, but if you look at your own screenshot from your own device; it displays "modded by Displax"

Again, sorry if I'm taking it wrong that you didn't get it, but the words "but" and "or it's named wrong" in your post led me under that impression you think you are under kdrag0n's main branch just by name itself....

Reactions: HipKat and V0latyle

the one you listed & the one on your phone is the same one in the Github V0latyle linked (from Displax's very own USNF fork Github) -- it is not named wrong, but if you look at your own screenshot from your own device; it displays "modded by Displax"

Again, sorry if I'm taking it wrong that you didn't get it, but the words "but" and "or it's named wrong" in your post led me under that impression you think you are under kdrag0n's main branch just by name itself....
You are correct, I did not notice the Modded by in the name and did think this was Drag0n's but it's all good. It's the one that works and that's the important thing

Reactions: simplepinoi177

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The fact is that it worked perfectly for me with root, stock ROM, safetynet 2.40 mod 1.2 module and Kira kernel. anyway...
    The newest working Safetynet Module is 2.4.0-MOD_1.2 by Kdrag0n
    I uploaded it to my Mediafire
    The newest working Safetynet Module is 2.4.0-MOD_1.2 by Kdrag0n
    I uploaded it to my Mediafire
    The original USNF module was indeed developed by @kdrag0n but the working module is the fork by @Displax .

It is always best to link to the official source of the module, rather than re-uploading it, due to the potential of someone modifying it for malicious purpose.

Here is the official source
    Yeah if I could have found it but the version I have on my phone is the one I listed, or it's named wrong

Um you stated no method or module worked for you. Now you are saying you had Wallet and "other things" working with root.
    For locking the bootloader, you many want to try Android Flash Tool. Select "Force Flash all Partitions", "Lock Device" and "Wipe".