• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Error during install rom through CWM

Search This thread

sh7adeh

sometimes if i want to instal new rom to my device this message appear on cwm mode and the installation cannot procces :S ,
i tried to change the kernel from 7 to 8 but it still the error
some custom rom installed normally but i face problem when installing cyangomed , miui and vurrunt as example :)
please help me :(
this is the error :

opening update package..
installing update package..
check state of rfs/ext4...
assert failed :run_program("/tmp/updater.sh")==0
E:error in/emmc/cm9-galaxy sl-IM74k-alpha2.zip
(status 7)
installation aborted

Last edited:

supergaijin

Jun 19, 2011
Honolulu
it may be that if one rom has the sd card swap and another doesn't, and you have your sd cards set a certain way, the one that matches your setup will work and the other won't. if that's not how it works, then you may have a phone issue.

Last edited:

sh7adeh

There is no issues on the phone .. i can install roms normally but some roms like miui cyagnomed and vuttru make this problem .. i flash cyagnomed once and it continue installing without errors and then i flash miui rom too but i come back to custom roms and now im trying to install ics alpha2 and the message appear ... also trying to reinstall cyagnomed or miui and the message appear again ,,,,,,,

I tried to reflash stock firmwares and try again .. still the same problem

supergaijin

Jun 19, 2011
Honolulu
redownload the file then. I've had it happen where the download is short just a small amount of data, but it's reported as successfully completed, and then it messes up when trying to install.

knatalia

Oct 20, 2011
Me too

redownload the file then. I've had it happen where the download is short just a small amount of data, but it's reported as successfully completed, and then it messes up when trying to install.

I have the same issue,
I'am on XXKPE, and when i install CM9-GalaxySL-IMM76L-Alpha11, i get error

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PROBLEM SOLVED LONG TIME AGO

redownload your zip and then go to cwm and disable toggling and signature