Question Error in 'failed to check sparse crc')

Search This thread

dying4004

Oct 15, 2009
Hi all

I got a Global version of Note 10 Pro.

I tried to flash a custom rom with custom recovery. I installed Teamwin Recovery and then flashed Arrow OS but it didnt boot. I waited for 30 mins.

Then I wiped everything from Teamwin recovery, copied the rom over again and flashed but now it is showing some mount issue.

I then downloaded the official rom from Xiaomi and tried to flash that from Fastboot but getting Error in 'failed to check sparse crc')

Any idea how to fix this issue?

thanks

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Hi all

I got a Global version of Note 10 Pro.

I tried to flash a custom rom with custom recovery. I installed Teamwin Recovery and then flashed Arrow OS but it didnt boot. I waited for 30 mins.

Then I wiped everything from Teamwin recovery, copied the rom over again and flashed but now it is showing some mount issue.

I then downloaded the official rom from Xiaomi and tried to flash that from Fastboot but getting Error in 'failed to check sparse crc')

Any idea how to fix this issue?

thanks

you find a way around this?

Did you've tried
Twrp format data with yes
Flash ROM
Again Twrp format data with yes
Reboot with ignoring shown failures.. Wait until system booted

Enddo

Oct 31, 2013
Atlanta, Ga.
www.youtube.com
for future reference, I ended up having to download an older version of the firmware. even redownloading the copy of the MIUI firmware I was trying ( in case of corruption or something) didn't fix the issue

I had to download the previous version of MIUI (to the one I was trying to flash) and then I could update to the latest via the built-in OTA updater

no idea what is causing the check sparse error (both command line and miflashtool were giving)