Error on Note 4: failed to enable private mode

Search This thread

Pavel_

Jun 10, 2021
I am newbie here. Can someond help with error on Samsung Galaxy Note 4, N910C, android 6.0.1. It is about 2 weeks, when private mode cannot be activated. The error message is: failed to enable Private Mode. The phone is not rooted. But roughly from the same time I am getting message:"Security notice, Unauthorized actions have been detected". This is probably from some app, which was downloaded to my phone from computer, when I was backing data. I have such spicion because there were some message like approve Intel security and I click yes. I think this is the root of my troubles.
I tried to remove cash data from private mode - without success. I tried to remove cash data and data from the system process, which calls somehow com.samsung.android.devicesecurity - also did not help. I bought package disabler pro - also without success.

Can someone help please. I need data, that the absolute priority, thus no factory reset is an option.

Pavel_

Jun 10, 2021
I just tried to inactivate that virus-like process "com.samsung.android.sm.devicesecurity". I forced stop, deleted data and cash. That did not help as many times before, but at least, after that there was again message to activate "Intel security..."something. Thus those two are actually related together. This time I clicked no. But still there are messages "Unauthorized activity...", this is constant message, and "failed to enable private mode", when I try to open it.

Please, help someone. I am ready to do everything to get rid of that virus, I just need data in private mod, not functionality.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
That OS is suspectable to the rootkit that requires a firmware reflash to eliminate it.
If a factory reset doesn't resolve it, it will need reflashed.
If you suspect a virus and can't eliminate it inside Android... go full nuke. Do coddle these critters as they will only cause more trouble for you.

Pavel_

Jun 10, 2021
That OS is suspectable to the rootkit that requires a firmware reflash to eliminate it.
If a factory reset doesn't resolve it, it will need reflashed.
If you suspect a virus and can't eliminate it inside Android... go full nuke. Do coddle these critters as they will only cause more trouble for you.
Any advice, how to save data? Need to get data from private mode, the phone is not important, just data.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Any advice, how to save data? Need to get data from private mode, the phone is not important, just data.
Unless you know what is infected it all the data is suspect*. Any downloads including jpegs and pngs are prime suspects. Cross infection to the PC however unlikely is also something to consider... you don't know what you got.

You should have had it backed up... coming from someone who has already lost a database. You backup redundantly to 2, preferably more hdds that are physically and electronically isolated from each other. You stagger the backup times between them and this exactly why you do that. So that all your data doesn't get destroyed.

I have no clue what "private mode" is. I don't encrypt data or use passwords whatever possible because it greatly increases the chances of being locked out yourself.

Welcome to the school of hard knocks, where you wear your lessons😯

*images you shot should be clean. Remember that the definitions for new viruses, rootkits etc may not exist. Online VirusTotal can be used to scan suspect files and apks... it's pretty good.