"Error...Run "nandroid-mobile.sh" via adb!"

Search This thread

iflip

Apr 1, 2010
ive been using nand backup since eris was rooted. I recently started having this error come up when trying to nand b/u and nand restore. i flashed the fresh rom 2.1 and then i ran into issues. got an error on
my screen:
everything worked fine up until now.
And i dont think its the rom that did this.
lately, all the latest roms ive been using have been having shutdown issues, requiring battery pulls following shutdown. Im not sure if all the batterypulling broke my amon ra, but im stuck with having to reflash the rom when having issues with it. very time consuming, battery draining, and very annoying. anyone else having this issue or any suggestions??

dmullins80

Mar 19, 2010
Mime has done that too. I've noticed it when my battery was below 15%. Try connecting to a charger or let your battery charge a little bit.

After I did that I had no more problems.

T.C.P

Apr 19, 2010
Stockton
ive been using nand backup since eris was rooted. I recently started having this error come up when trying to nand b/u and nand restore. i flashed the fresh rom 2.1 and then i ran into issues. got an error on
my screen:
lately, all the latest roms ive been using have been having shutdown issues, requiring battery pulls following shutdown. Im not sure if all the batterypulling broke my amon ra, but im stuck with having to reflash the rom when having issues with it. very time consuming, battery draining, and very annoying. anyone else having this issue or any suggestions??

yea its most likely because your battery is low, charge it a bit then restore

rvpartsguy

Jan 29, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
my screen:

ya it usually does that with a low battery .....

only happened to me once ..... but a very wise man told me this was almost always the cause

Magnum72

Apr 27, 2010
my screen:

I think I had the "Error : run 'nandroid-mobile.sh restore' via adb!" problem before when trying to restore a rom in recovery, but i think it was because of renaming the folder inside the "nandroid" folder on the sd card.

t2noob

Feb 26, 2010
quick question what recovery are you using?
I had problems similar to this on CLOCKWORKMOD recovery, to the point where i couldn't flash or restore any nand. I even tried flashing root rom and that also failed. when It tried to write boot and the system in failed and then i had to replace my phone because it wouldn't even boot after trying to flash root rom.

iflip

Apr 1, 2010
using amon ra.
i think im gonna try to reinstall recovery img via adb. any requests to stop me go right ahead.

iflip

Apr 1, 2010
Sounds lime my issue js rather unique. Doesnt seem like anyone else had this problem yet. Well i guess for now im .sh out of luck.

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

paintguy

Mar 28, 2010
Pleasanton
Sounds lime my issue js rather unique. Doesnt seem like anyone else had this problem yet. Well i guess for now im .sh out of luck.

I had this problem when the memory on my sd card was almost full. I deleted a bunch of zip files and a bunch of the nand backups and it worked fine. I've also experienced the low power and the invalid rename issue too. hope this helps.

iflip

Apr 1, 2010
That sounds like a solution. Thx. i will trh to free up space on sd. Ive been pretty full for a while tho, but never encountered this msg.

viclabs.303

Mar 15, 2010
nand restore error run nandoid mobile via adb

I just got this error and simply needed to have power plugged in to complete the restore. Hope this helps.

bftb0

Feb 5, 2010
Well, there's two ways to go about solving this type of problem.

One would be to use the built in functionality of the Recovery menu system to copy the recovery log file (/cache/recovery/log) to your SD card and then - oh, I don't know, maybe look at it to see what error messages are in there? Really super-duper users could even just do a "adb shell cat /cache/recovery/log | more" with the recovery console still running, but that presumes a high level of skill (operating a space bar on the keyboard).

The other way would be to ask a bunch of strangers on the internet to speculate about what the problem might be.

I prefer the 2nd way; it's far less efficient, but much more entertaining. Hours of fun, really.

J/K. Have a look at Amon_RA's announcement post for the Eris, where he says:

Always check recovery.log before posting your issues!

bftb0

:)

RogerPodacter

Apr 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
i am having the same exact problem with my nexus one. the error: run 'nandroid-mobile.sh restore' via adb. i am a new root user and this is my first time attempting to do any nand restores, and i get that error. is it possible i used the newer recorvery which is not compatible with cyanogen 5.0.7 ROM? i just followed all the links on the rooting guide and said to use all latest files.

my battery is 100% and my sd card has 2gb of free space. i'm really at a loss what to do. thanks.

adaneshade

May 24, 2010
Verify that there is a folder named nandroid in the root directory of your SDcard. If not, create one. I was having the exact same problem until I did that.

vantagejuan

Mar 4, 2010
you can rename the back up files with names starting with "BDS-". You can't rename the folder directly under "nandroid" in your directory. if you do, you will get the "run mobile.sh" error. you will also get this error if your battery is low or you have no storage left. the folder directly under the "nandroid" folder it is your serial number. if you're having issues, just go to the "other" menu and select "send recovery.log to SD card." then go in and search the recovery.log file on your sdcard for "serialno=" right after that there will be a 12 character string of capital letters and numbers directly followed by lower case letters that are useless for this purpose. Create a folder with the same name as that string (capital letters and numbers only, no lower case) and place your previously renamed backups into that folder and voila! you'll be able to restore them.

RogerPodacter

Apr 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
My issue never got fixed, but I did try a different memory card, copied over my backups, and now they restore fine. And I did rename them to "stockROM" and they restore just fine. So the name does not matter.

I tried formatting the original memory card then copied all the contents back onto it, and still will not work with nand restores. It took me 5 hours to dump my card and reload it, so some files on that card must be screwing something up. Sucks cause now I'm stuck with this small card and with my music on it now It's full, so I have no room to do anything. Wish I could get my main card working with backups.