Error verifying vbmeta image (GalaxyTab S6)

Search This thread

bugspy

Mar 6, 2021
Hi guys, I had successfully rooted my tab in the past. Then, a couple of days ago, I decided to unroot it and ... I messed it up. I have downlaoded Odin, the firware drivers, BL, AP etc. but I stuck in the attached screen. I understand (not 100% sure) that I need to replace the vbmeta image but don’t know how. Can you please help me out? The device is a Galaxy Tab S6.

Attachments

• 377BA95C-D787-4CB3-BFFD-CA9B1113E793.jpeg
    377BA95C-D787-4CB3-BFFD-CA9B1113E793.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 19

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 23, 2011
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Samsung Galaxy S10
    Hi guys, I had successfully rooted my tab in the past. Then, a couple of days ago, I decided to unroot it and ... I messed it up. I have downlaoded Odin, the firware drivers, BL, AP etc. but I stuck in the attached screen. I understand (not 100% sure) that I need to replace the vbmeta image but don’t know how. Can you please help me out? The device is a Galaxy Tab S6.
    Have a look here:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/a70-vbmeta-error-after-magisk-update-20-0.3982421/
    It is about a different device, but the same error. So maybe the same cause.
    Keep in mind to only flash firmware, recoveries, etc. matching your device.
    Some users reported that re-flashing a current version of TWRP recovery fixed this problem.
    Then you can try to flash a complete stock firmware with Odin on PC to your device, if you want to unroot again.