Sep 25, 2022
I'm trying to root my motorola g6 plus but when I run the command
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
I get this response:

(bootloader) 'get_unlock_datas' is not a supported oem command
(bootloader) See 'fastboot oem help'
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.007s

I do notice here that up on top of the response it says that it doesn't recognise 'get_unlock_datas' which is certainly not what i typed, i typed 'get_unlock_data'

Okay so I took a break from writing this and tried to type the command in manually instead of having it copied from motorola's website, only this time it worked. However, the next time I tried writing it manually I got the same message just that instead of it saying 'get_unlock_datas' it said, 'get_unlock_da'.
I guessed that my machine was having trouble understanding what I was typing and sometimes thought I typed 'da' or 'datas' instead of 'data'.
So I did what I thought would fix it and typed the command in until it worked, and it did.
I did however run into a couple more errors like this one:

(bootloader) slot-counttas: not found
(bootloader) slot-suffixes: not found
(bootloader) s: not found
(bootloader) 'get_unlock_da' is not a supported oem command
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.003s

On maybe my 10th try of copy pasting the code I finally succeeded, I would like to know why I don't get my desired response when typing 'fastboot oem get_unlock_data'. Keep in mind I am very new to rooting.

(Don't mind my bad grammar I figured you'd still be able to understand what i'm writing and this isn't an exam.)

WoKoschekk

Feb 25, 2019
Cologne
Moto G6
Moto G9 Plus
I get this response:

FAILED (remote failure)

I do notice here that up on top of the response it says that it doesn't recognise 'get_unlock_datas' which is certainly not what i typed, i typed 'get_unlock_data'

Okay so I took a break from writing this and tried to type the command in manually instead of having it copied from motorola's website, only this time it worked. However, the next time I tried writing it manually I got the same message just that instead of it saying 'get_unlock_datas' it said, 'get_unlock_da'.
I guessed that my machine was having trouble understanding what I was typing and sometimes thought I typed 'da' or 'datas' instead of 'data'.
So I did what I thought would fix it and typed the command in until it worked, and it did.

FAILED (remote failure)

On maybe my 10th try of copy pasting the code I finally succeeded, I would like to know why I don't get my desired response when typing 'fastboot oem get_unlock_data'. Keep in mind I am very new to rooting.

(Don't mind my bad grammar I figured you'd still be able to understand what i'm writing and this isn't an exam.)
You need to connect the device with a USB-HUB. A direct connection over USB in fastboot mode is possible, but you are not able to run any command. Don't ask me why, but it works. Just try it.

Reactions: stiveknoxx

iwanttoroot

Sep 25, 2022
You need to connect the device with a USB-HUB. A direct connection over USB in fastboot mode is possible, but you are not able to run any command. Don't ask me why, but it works. Just try it.
Do you mean one of those USB extender things like this?
1664607310893.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I get this response:

FAILED (remote failure)

FAILED (remote failure)

yes, that's exactly what I mean.
    I have now successfully rooted my motorola g6 after 2 years of struggles, thank you.