eSIM?

Mdyche82

Dec 7, 2020
Thats cool! I am still trying to figure out how to do it for my 9860. Just rooted yesterday and ready to go.
I don't have it fully working yet on it , I did on 10 ,
I had it on my 9860 but un rooted because my aaa app decided to go secure so I had keep one of my phones un rooted. I am a aaa repair shop and I have to use their stupid app to dispatch my drivers. Ugh. Why can't we get what we pay for with out having go through all of this

Reactions: VICosPhi and djawaz

a43

Jan 9, 2012
Saint Petersburg

Maksim78

Feb 24, 2011
www.empirehomeautomation.com
Flashed it to my Note 20 Ultra (9860) on 11 android and after restart I got a window popup with eSIM initial setup trying to find a mobile plan but there were no options to scan QR and I had to close it. Now flashing Android 10 and will experiment there.
Same problem here. You can't just enable it in csc_features, this is not enough. There is a service called euiccService.apk that is needed to eSIM to work, which we are missing. I tried it from Exynos fw, but it fails. Otherwise its searching for plan indefinately and won't let you scan QR code.

Mdyche82

Dec 7, 2020
After I've rooted and can't even use fingerprint unlock for 1Password anymore. Hope to find a fix for that but really annoying we can't use all the features we`ve payed for.
By the way, found this Magisk Module https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...oded_csc_features_files-esim-support.4082445/ enabling eSIM on S20. Flashed it to my Note 20 Ultra (9860) on 11 android and after restart I got a window popup with eSIM initial setup trying to find a mobile plan but there were no options to scan QR and I had to close it. Now flashing Android 10 and will experiment there.
I've successfully got it working on both my 9860 and 986u1, but it's taken lot of work.
I have Qualcomm account

a43

Jan 9, 2012
Saint Petersburg
Well, I've already rooted my device just because wanted to try eSIM hack so anyways would be glad to get some directions from you. I saw you've mentioned you've edited the modem somehow. Would you be able to point me out? I am also more or less familiar with QPST and QXDM but could not find anything useful for this hack in EFS and NV yet.

What does Qualcomm account gives?

Mdyche82

Dec 7, 2020
Well, I've already rooted my device just because wanted to try eSIM hack so anyways would be glad to get some directions from you. I saw you've mentioned you've edited the modem somehow. Would you be able to point me out? I am also more or less familiar with QPST and QXDM but could not find anything useful for this hack in EFS and NV yet.

What does Qualcomm account gives?
Nothing useful. Not unless you have 855 and back

Maksim78

Feb 24, 2011
www.empirehomeautomation.com
Why not to try take it from Fold2 Snap device? It has esim support as far as i know.
Just pulled latest Fold2 F916U1 fw from Frija and decypted it. No service in priv-app. I do not know of any snapdragon based samsung that has it right now. That's the reason we can't installany profiles. Here is an xml string from the euicc service:

<resources>
<string name="app_name">SamsungEuiccService</string>
<string name="foreground_noti_delete_in_progress">Delete Profile in progress</string>
<string name="foreground_noti_download_in_progress">Download Profile in progress</string>
<string name="foreground_noti_in_progress">In Progress………</string>
<string name="foreground_noti_install_complete">Installation complete</string>
<string name="foreground_noti_install_in_progress">Install Profile in progress</string>
<string name="foreground_noti_preparing_download">Preparing Profile Download</string>
</resources>

Last edited:
Reactions: a43

Mdyche82

Dec 7, 2020
Just pulled latest Fold2 F916U1 fw from Frija and decypted it. No service in priv-app. I do not know of any snapdragon based samsung that has it right now. That's the reason we can't installany profiles. Here is an xml string from the euicc service:

<resources>
<string name="app_name">SamsungEuiccService</string>
<string name="foreground_noti_delete_in_progress">Delete Profile in progress</string>
<string name="foreground_noti_download_in_progress">Download Profile in progress</string>
<string name="foreground_noti_in_progress">In Progress………</string>
<string name="foreground_noti_install_complete">Installation complete</string>
<string name="foreground_noti_install_in_progress">Install Profile in progress</string>
<string name="foreground_noti_preparing_download">Preparing Profile Download</string>
</resources>
Fold 2 in USA has esim enabled. My co worker has one and it's working out of box

Mdyche82

Dec 7, 2020
Are you talking about 855 Hardware Dev kit? I have a qualcomm account as well, but I do not see how it will help us get eSIM euiccservice on snapdragon :)
Nothing useful. Not unless you have 855 and back
What's weird I rooted my notes 96rds and in use menu it gives esim selection for over 10 service providers , ID love to post pics but my son lost it week ago....arrrr that was my favorite phone. 512gb. Copper. Dual Sim. Ordered from Indonesia via eBay. It has all their local carriers listed as profiles under esim in Google phone ue menu

VICosPhi

Aug 2, 2010
Phoenix
Reactions: Mdyche82