eSIM?

Search This thread

rjohnstone

Also. Does anyone know the new dialer code to access USB sections. *#0808# is broken and I can't set radio and other access to use my modem tools
It's working on 986U1 stock dialer for Android 11/OneUI 3.0.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210225-070756_USBSettings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210225-070756_USBSettings.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 60

Mdyche82

Dec 7, 2020
If you are in Windows - get 7-zip, extract until you get to super.img, use simg2img for Windows to decrypt image, open it with 7-zip and and extract 2.ext (this is a system image) rename it to system.img and open with 7-zip again. If under Linux - same thing - simg2img and lpunpack.
Awesome. Thank you

rjohnstone

I'm t-mobile and I've spoken to them and they say that they plan to support note 20 soon as Sammy releases it to them
It's interesting they say that as from what I'm finding, all the codes is there. Even TMB and SPR are not under the "single" folder in etc/carriers.
Looks like all T-Mobile MVNO carriers there as well. BST, SPR, TMB, and XAS. All other carriers are under etc/carriers/single

Mdyche82

Dec 7, 2020
It's interesting they say that as from what I'm finding, all the codes is there. Even TMB and SPR are not under the "single" folder in etc/carriers.
Looks like all T-Mobile MVNO carriers there as well. BST, SPR, TMB, and XAS. All other carriers are under etc/carriers/single
I take what they tell me with grain of salt. But was tech dept not sales, also for those with 9860, band nr41 is starting to turn on. They said they have about 500 sites in Los Angeles up and going. I haven't hit one where I live but they say their doing few every week. That was the reason for sprint merger to gain their bandwidth

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nope. No one is trolling , here I am. Esim on main number physical Sim. On 2,

Have to use tmb 986u firmware and install user data
    Hey folks,

I've decoded the cscfeatures*.xml files and added the necessary change there *and* have also created a quick magisk module to splice in the EuiccService.apk file to /system/priv-app (will upload shortly, it's on another device) but here's my (likely rather simple to solve) question:

How can I force eSIM options to appear in the Settings app to actually make use of this mod? I have both an exynos N20 Ultra and a Snapdragon N20 Ultra (SM-N9860) - this is the last piece of the puzzle preventing me from migrating to the Snapdragon phone entirely so would love to solve it. Some report success with the US variant but wondering if anyone has got this working with the HK variant (N9860)?

I'd greatly appreciate any help! :)
    Making changes to cscfeatures alone wont enable eSIM. You need working euiccservice working propertly in priv app, which still wont install properly. You need to enable Sim card manager in build.prop and most important thing - EID would still show none in status of the phone. You need a working EID in order to get eSIM to work.
    Trolling? :) Now I understand why one of our senior members never loled so much as reading this thread. So much talks and nothing concrete here...
    Not trolling. eSIM support is actually here with March security patch for T-mobile USA branded Note 20 ultra SD version
    This is just ridiculous what SamSh*t is doing to customers. I give up. No longer jumping through hoops just to get something so common to work on such an expensive phone. Having to pay for bootloader unlock, then they screw us again by patching it with bit2, so we have to be extra careful not to lose it, now a half @$$ed implementation of E-SIM/dual SIM which is embarrassing compared to something like a Pixel4XL (where it is done right). No real development going on with the note except for two or three great fellows' custom ROMs. I am calling it quits. I just traded this Note 20 Ultra 5G in for a Oneplus 8 Pro. Tradein value was $630 (there was a $30 incentive on top of the $600 yesterday at Oneplus's site). That's around what I paid for it initially from Google Fi's promotion, so no big hit to the wallet. The Oneplus 8 Pro has real dual SIM functionality, easily unlockable bootloader, no stupid Knox fuse garbage, plenty of active ROM development going on, and almost comparable specs. I'll be running Lineage 18.1 and won't miss Samsung one bit, except for the S-Pen but oh well. I didn't go with the 9 Pro because they are starting to do the SAME crap with E-SIM/Dual Sim as SamSh*t is, caving in and bowing down to US carriers while ignoring customers. 8 Pro was my only option, and heck it even took them a while to implement it on that model, but its there at least. See you gents on the Oneplus forums if you decide to go this route.
    Ok. I reset my phone back to stock, took notes.
    I'm on 986u1. Android 10 ui2.5 magisk patched.

Remove your simcard before you flash your phone. You don't want it to pick a carrier yet.

Start with root folder. Vendor. Default.prop
    Change active sim from 1 to 2
    And ss to dsds

Go next into optics. Go into wwd carrier , customer.xml scroll down and change esim from false to true
    Go into network.xml and add the same line csc feature ril support esim true.......

Change any other settings you wish to activate like real time net speed call recording etc...

Next find your carriers folder and copy the omc and any other files except customer.xml and network.xml , move those into wwd folder but rename the ones already in there or delete them which ever you want to do

Next. Rename the folder of your carrier to anything you want. Then rename the wwd folder to the name of your carrier. In my case I'm t-mobile. So the tmb I names to t1 and wwd to TMB.
    Go to prison and swap names of folders in same fashion

Go into where your modem firmware and in oem file change xxxxxxxxxx....la/ss....to xxxxxx./dsds/...

Then go into imei folder and set the carrier from xaa to whatever it you use

Thats quick and dirty of it.

Power off phone after you modify files. Insert sim card and power back on,

After it loads you should now have sim manager under connection settings, when you first boot it will ask you to search for mobile plan
    You have to go into root into your optics prism and what ever your service provider is rename that folder to anything. Then go into the wwd folder. It's,only xmls that are written in plain English. Change settings you need. Then rename the wwd folder to same name as your service provider so when it loads it loads the renamed wwd folder. The other option is to swap files from wwd to your carriers folder. This is easiest way to edit as it's all English.
    For 986u1 go to build.props change Sim count to 2, then multi Sim option from ss to dsds

Go to modem firmware, image modem hw,
    Copy same text as ss but change ss to dsds then link it to multi image mbn hw.bin

Reboot phone. You get pop up as soon as phone boots into os after you put in your pin asking if you want to search for your new mobile plan or scan qr code for it

I have tried thousands of different things. Brick phone. Lost radio. I just played and played with settings files folders etc...
    eSIM is CSC feature, In case it is disable then two possibilities to enable
    1.If device is non rooted - Try changing one of available CSC that have it enabled
    2.In case device is rooted you need a line to add/edit below line

Code:
    <CscFeature_RIL_SupportEsim>TRUE</CscFeature_RIL_SupportEsim>
    I cracked it. I got esim on my n9860

Whoot whoot
    i just put my phone stock and am going to do over and take notes and then post
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone