eSIM?

Search This thread

dmtycn

Dec 2, 2012
OK
This is mine from AT&T , 2 IMEIS and 1 ICCID on the box but only IMEI 1 shows up in the phone.

My understanding, ICCID = EID
But my phone is locked, cannot try with Tmo

Attachments

• 2020-09-28_203921.jpg
    2020-09-28_203921.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 388
  • 2020-09-28_205342.jpg
    2020-09-28_205342.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 383

willcor

Oct 2, 2008
AT&T Note 20 Ultra SIM tray will only hold 1 nano SIM and one MicroSD card.
A second nano SIM will not fit in any orientation where the MicroSD card is located.

This is how i did it ,works fine .
See screenshots
If you look carefully it states on sim tray, sim 1 , sim 2 Micro sd
Good luck

rjohnstone

This is how i did it ,works fine .
See screenshots
If you look carefully it states on sim tray, sim 1 , sim 2 Micro sd
Good luck
The AT&T "U" model does not have that SIM tray. There are no markings for "SIM 2"
Look at the pics I posted of my SIM tray. You cannot physically put a SIM card in where the MicroSD card is located.
It is not designed to hold one like yours is.

Last edited:

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
If I root an SM-N9860, can I activate esim?
Yes but remember just rooting itself wont activate this. It just make possible to edit csc features, you have to manually edit csc features yourself to activate it. Also you needs to make sure your device hardware support this, I know this available on N986B but not sure about your device.

tonime

Yes but remember just rooting itself wont activate this. It just make possible to edit csc features, you have to manually edit csc features yourself to activate it. Also you needs to make sure your device hardware support this, I know this available on N986B but not sure about your device.

Can you tell me the path to edit the CSC features?
Thank you.

ebmorgan

Nov 21, 2006
Seattle
www.djebam.com
Here's what I've been able to gather for us USA NOTE 20 ULTRA users (this does not apply to other locales). ALL Note 20 Ultras have the NXP combined chipset in them which has UWB, NFC and eSIM. However, eSIM is software disabled in the US variant. This is why the second IEMI doesn't present itself. WHY they are doing this is up for debate: Could be they are still trying to get it working on US carriers. Could be a shady anti-consumer tactical deal made with US carriers to create a fake "one phone, on SIM" situation so you have to pay the carrier for their proprietary multinumber service.

But these are the facts: the US N20U has eSIM, it's software disabled, Samsung DID NOT disclose this to US consumers, Samsung to this day continues to tell US users it supports it, and to this day Samsung tells some users it will be available with an OTA in the future. (I'v been told this in writing via Twitter DM with Samsung support).

Now, I saw at the top of this thread that you can Odin an alternate CSC or make a single-line code change to enable eSIM. Has anyone performed and confirmed that? Does anyone know which CSC would be suitable for US variants? If this doesn't work, then an OTA is our only hope.

ebmorgan

Nov 21, 2006
Seattle
www.djebam.com
eSIM is CSC feature, In case it is disable then two possibilities to enable
1.If device is non rooted - Try changing one of available CSC that have it enabled
2.In case device is rooted you need a line to add/edit below line

Code:
<CscFeature_RIL_SupportEsim>TRUE</CscFeature_RIL_SupportEsim>

Ah...it was dr.ketan.

Doc, have you tried an alternate CSC to enable eSIM on US N20U? Do you know or have an idea of what would work? Looking at this this thread I started, you'd be a hero.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok. I reset my phone back to stock, took notes.
    I'm on 986u1. Android 10 ui2.5 magisk patched.

Remove your simcard before you flash your phone. You don't want it to pick a carrier yet.

Start with root folder. Vendor. Default.prop
    Change active sim from 1 to 2
    And ss to dsds

Go next into optics. Go into wwd carrier , customer.xml scroll down and change esim from false to true
    Go into network.xml and add the same line csc feature ril support esim true.......

Change any other settings you wish to activate like real time net speed call recording etc...

Next find your carriers folder and copy the omc and any other files except customer.xml and network.xml , move those into wwd folder but rename the ones already in there or delete them which ever you want to do

Next. Rename the folder of your carrier to anything you want. Then rename the wwd folder to the name of your carrier. In my case I'm t-mobile. So the tmb I names to t1 and wwd to TMB.
    Go to prison and swap names of folders in same fashion

Go into where your modem firmware and in oem file change xxxxxxxxxx....la/ss....to xxxxxx./dsds/...

Then go into imei folder and set the carrier from xaa to whatever it you use

Thats quick and dirty of it.

Power off phone after you modify files. Insert sim card and power back on,

After it loads you should now have sim manager under connection settings, when you first boot it will ask you to search for mobile plan
    eSIM is CSC feature, In case it is disable then two possibilities to enable
    1.If device is non rooted - Try changing one of available CSC that have it enabled
    2.In case device is rooted you need a line to add/edit below line

Code:
    <CscFeature_RIL_SupportEsim>TRUE</CscFeature_RIL_SupportEsim>
    I cracked it. I got esim on my n9860

Whoot whoot
    i just put my phone stock and am going to do over and take notes and then post
    You have to go into root into your optics prism and what ever your service provider is rename that folder to anything. Then go into the wwd folder. It's,only xmls that are written in plain English. Change settings you need. Then rename the wwd folder to same name as your service provider so when it loads it loads the renamed wwd folder. The other option is to swap files from wwd to your carriers folder. This is easiest way to edit as it's all English.
    For 986u1 go to build.props change Sim count to 2, then multi Sim option from ss to dsds

Go to modem firmware, image modem hw,
    Copy same text as ss but change ss to dsds then link it to multi image mbn hw.bin

Reboot phone. You get pop up as soon as phone boots into os after you put in your pin asking if you want to search for your new mobile plan or scan qr code for it

I have tried thousands of different things. Brick phone. Lost radio. I just played and played with settings files folders etc...