eSIM?

Search This thread

rjohnstone

Thats what I thought as well - one physical SIM and one eSIM, but this user in the comments section on egadget seems to have 3 total providers , two physical and one eSIM.

"The dual sim tray I purchased works fine on my Note 20 Ultra with the latest T-Mobile Firmware, I have my eSim installed, and 2 other sims installed one from AT&T that is just internet(from a hot spot as the sim2 and a verizon sim from work) so I have 3 service providers set on one phone. and all 3 sims visible and different set of notifications for all 3."

If it helps, my Note 20U is a TMO version but purchased through Samsung Insights program.
I highly suspect that person is full of it.
No Qualcomm variant Note 20 Ultra has 3 IMEI numbers.
I would love to see screenshots IF he does in fact have 3 functioning IMEI numbers.

Fatmonk8

I highly suspect that person is full of it.
No Qualcomm variant Note 20 Ultra has 3 IMEI numbers.
I would love to see screenshots IF he does in fact have 3 functioning IMEI numbers.
Yeah, I bought a dual sim tray off aliexpress when I first bought the phone to try and see if dual sim would work (it didn't). After reading his post I thru In my dual sim tray to see if both physical sims and the esim would work after the update. It didn't. Only one physical sim showed and my esim.

biohazard69

Jun 26, 2011
Hello, I tell you I have a galaxy note ultra 5g with version sm-n9860 now in my country the esim is being implemented that I find it quite useful and comfortable ..

When trying to configure I do not have this option available on my phone, is there a way to activate it either by changing the rom or some configuration?

It took several calls to T-Mobile customer service and tech support but got the e-sim working on my N20 Ultra. Purchased direct from Samsung. Using on T-Mobile postpaid.
I had some issues with them, mostly around permanently unlocking my phone that I had paid off 3-4 days before. Level 2 finally got it.

I have to say, they hire and train people very well in C/S - just sayin'.

VioNeo

Jan 31, 2021
So you don't see this in Settings > Connections > Sim Card Manager?

KtMeUbDl.jpg
Hi scotsman,
Recently I've got an update from T-mobile and I have that option now.
That means I can activate the e-SIM on my SM-N986U?
It will be great if I could, because I have only one SIM slot.

Hi scotsman,
Recently I've got an update from T-mobile and I have that option now.
That means I can activate the e-SIM on my SM-N986U?
It will be great if I could, because I have only one SIM slot.
I called T-Mobile, paid off my phone (gulp), and then had them switch my phone to use eSIM as the primary. I then inserted my Verizon work account SIM into the SIM slot, and voila (relatively). I did end up having to do a full reset on it to get everything working correctly though. (That's a brief summary, not a complete guide, but should help you make the shift).

Reactions: VioNeo
I have been a Sprint customer with a Lease on My Wife's Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 512GB that came from Sprint and My Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 512GB that I had purchased from BestBuy. ALL of this in the US with BOTH Phones having Snapdragon and NOT Exynos Processor.

Before the End of the month I had paid off the remainder of the Lease and had Sprint Unlock the S20 Ultra just like My Note 20 Ultra.

I have called Samsung a number of times and they have told Me that the E-SIM can't be Activated by them because it is dependant on the Carrier Supporting E-SIM on their Network.

Sprint did't Support E-SIM on Samsung Phones but only for the iPhone.

I was told to Activate the E-SIM in Both the S20 and Note, I would have to be a T-Mobile Customer and then T-Mobile would be able to Activate the E-SIM as long as I have Android 11 with UI 3.1 on the Phones.

I have Android 11 and UI 3.1 on Both and so far, No T-Mobile Rep can get the E-SIM Activated.

The Sales Rep had said that I was the First Customer from Sprint that He had Switched over to T-Mobile and after about 2.5 hours He could NOT get the E-SIM activated.

Today I had called T-Mobile and had spoken with a few people who had told Me to go into the Settings after I put on Airplane Mode and use Wi-Fi.

There's No SIM Card Manager listed under the CONNECTIONS Section.

There's NO other place to Find the EID Number or Access Anything that the Reps want Me to find except for just the IMEI Number.

Has Anyone else come across this same situation and had found a FIX in order to be able to get the E-SIM Activated?

If So, PLEASE Advise in Detail how to make the Settings SHOW UP in ANY of the Areas of the Settings so I can get the E-SIM Activated.

Thank You in Advance for ANYONE that Can Help with this and Share the Information Here for Everyone else as well.

dadmi

I have been a Sprint customer with a Lease on My Wife's Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 512GB that came from Sprint and My Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 512GB that I had purchased from BestBuy. ALL of this in the US with BOTH Phones having Snapdragon and NOT Exynos Processor.

Before the End of the month I had paid off the remainder of the Lease and had Sprint Unlock the S20 Ultra just like My Note 20 Ultra.

I have called Samsung a number of times and they have told Me that the E-SIM can't be Activated by them because it is dependant on the Carrier Supporting E-SIM on their Network.

I was told to Activate the E-SIM in Both the S20 and Note, I would have to be a T-Mobile Customer and then T-Mobile would be able to Activate the E-SIM as long as I have Android 11 with UI 3.1 on the Phones.

I have Android 11 and UI 3.1 on Both and so far, No T-Mobile Rep can get the E-SIM Activated.

The Sales Rep had said that I was the First Customer from Sprint that He had Switched over to T-Mobile and after about 2.5 hours He could NOT get the E-SIM activated.

Today I had called T-Mobile and had spoken with a few people who had told Me to go into the Settings after I put on Airplane Mode and use Wi-Fi.

There's NO other place to Find the EID Number or Access Anything that the Reps want Me to find except for just the IMEI Number.

Has Anyone else come across this same situation and had found a FIX in order to be able to get the E-SIM Activated?

If So, PLEASE Advise in Detail how to make the Settings SHOW UP in ANY of the Areas of the Settings so I can get the E-SIM Activated.

Thank You in Advance for ANYONE that Can Help with this and Share the Information Here for Everyone else as well.
I converted my U1 to U by flashing TMobile firmware to get eSIM. Follow the guide posted in one of the forums here but you will lose your data. You will start as a new phone after flashing TMobile firmware.

I am so pissed off at Samsung for this. Why are they selling unlocked phones? and they don't even p[rovide proper documentation to their or the carrier support crews. Premium care plus is a joke. https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...Samsung-dot-com-or-Samsung/m-p/1830622#M27234

munachi

Apr 9, 2010
Lagos
Coming from the SM-N986U1, I installed the firmware for the SM-N986U and the IMEI of the esim is displayed under Settings > About Phone.

No Sim card manager under Settings > Connections however. See attached image.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210508-114015_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210508-114015_Settings.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 110
Coming from the SM-N986U1, I installed the firmware for the SM-N986U and the IMEI of the esim is displayed under Settings > About Phone.

No Sim card manager under Settings > Connections however. See attached image.
What is CSC setting of your phone and are you have Tmobile subscriber? Not sure, if anyone has been able to use esim for other providers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok. I reset my phone back to stock, took notes.
    I'm on 986u1. Android 10 ui2.5 magisk patched.

Remove your simcard before you flash your phone. You don't want it to pick a carrier yet.

Start with root folder. Vendor. Default.prop
    Change active sim from 1 to 2
    And ss to dsds

Go next into optics. Go into wwd carrier , customer.xml scroll down and change esim from false to true
    Go into network.xml and add the same line csc feature ril support esim true.......

Change any other settings you wish to activate like real time net speed call recording etc...

Next find your carriers folder and copy the omc and any other files except customer.xml and network.xml , move those into wwd folder but rename the ones already in there or delete them which ever you want to do

Next. Rename the folder of your carrier to anything you want. Then rename the wwd folder to the name of your carrier. In my case I'm t-mobile. So the tmb I names to t1 and wwd to TMB.
    Go to prison and swap names of folders in same fashion

Go into where your modem firmware and in oem file change xxxxxxxxxx....la/ss....to xxxxxx./dsds/...

Then go into imei folder and set the carrier from xaa to whatever it you use

Thats quick and dirty of it.

Power off phone after you modify files. Insert sim card and power back on,

After it loads you should now have sim manager under connection settings, when you first boot it will ask you to search for mobile plan
    eSIM is CSC feature, In case it is disable then two possibilities to enable
    1.If device is non rooted - Try changing one of available CSC that have it enabled
    2.In case device is rooted you need a line to add/edit below line

Code:
    <CscFeature_RIL_SupportEsim>TRUE</CscFeature_RIL_SupportEsim>
    I cracked it. I got esim on my n9860

Whoot whoot
    i just put my phone stock and am going to do over and take notes and then post
    You have to go into root into your optics prism and what ever your service provider is rename that folder to anything. Then go into the wwd folder. It's,only xmls that are written in plain English. Change settings you need. Then rename the wwd folder to same name as your service provider so when it loads it loads the renamed wwd folder. The other option is to swap files from wwd to your carriers folder. This is easiest way to edit as it's all English.
    For 986u1 go to build.props change Sim count to 2, then multi Sim option from ss to dsds

Go to modem firmware, image modem hw,
    Copy same text as ss but change ss to dsds then link it to multi image mbn hw.bin

Reboot phone. You get pop up as soon as phone boots into os after you put in your pin asking if you want to search for your new mobile plan or scan qr code for it

I have tried thousands of different things. Brick phone. Lost radio. I just played and played with settings files folders etc...