• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Essential phone + 360 can = $399 on Amazon..cyber Monday..24 hours sales only

Search This thread

Bigmille

May 23, 2008
London
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
I also purchased this deal on Monday shipping to UK, the camera was dispatched yesterday, the phone was still not shipped yet.

This morning, I received an email from Amazon telling me they think there was unauthorised access to my account, so they cancelled all my pending orders including the Essential phone! So I now have a 360 camera coming to me which is useless without the phone!

Would not mind if they shipped the phone and cancelled the camera.

Emailed Amazon support team, not holding much hope, since Amazon don't show any stock on their website.

tedfox

Apr 5, 2011
I also purchased this deal on Monday shipping to UK, the camera was dispatched yesterday, the phone was still not shipped yet.

This morning, I received an email from Amazon telling me they think there was unauthorised access to my account, so they cancelled all my pending orders including the Essential phone! So I now have a 360 camera coming to me which is useless without the phone!

Would not mind if they shipped the phone and cancelled the camera.

Emailed Amazon support team, not holding much hope, since Amazon don't show any stock on their website.

That just doesn't make sense! They could just verify the orders with you.

I feel for you. I hope it doesn't happen to others

trsix

Jun 23, 2011
las vegas
NICE don't need the camera

FYI to anyone who bought this: you can return just the 360 camera from the bundle and get $116 back, which essentially makes the phone $284.
I scheduled the camera for return already and my return was accepted before the phone/camera even arrived.

Have the 399 deal coming tomorrow. not a pic taker so i'll try this. Do you have to call or can the return request be done online? thx

EDIT
Looked at my order, camera and phone are listed as one so if i click cancel it's for the whole package

EDIT
Called Customer Service, Hard to communicate with the rep , phillipines i think.
BUT he said he cancelled the camera which is out of stock and gave me a credit for $109. The phone hasn't shipped yet but will SUPPOSEDLY arrive tomorrow. Crossing my fingers.
This will make my phone dirt cheap @ $290!
Awesome price

Last edited:

markwebb

Jun 14, 2010
San Diego
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
I got the Amazon Deal the other day for 399 which included the camera. Since I'm still on the fence with this phone, I did discover you can return only the camera to Amazon and they refund @ hundred plus dollars from the order. Therefore the cost of the phone to me is barely $300 now! I might now just keep it as a backup.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

trsix

Jun 23, 2011
las vegas
I got the Amazon Deal the other day for 399 which included the camera. Since I'm still on the fence with this phone, I did discover you can return only the camera to Amazon and they refund @ hundred plus dollars from the order. Therefore the cost of the phone to me is barely $300 now! I might now just keep it as a backup.

I called customer service b4 my phone n camera were shipped. They cancelled the camera and told me $109, credit. :good:Then i get a notice last night (TWO) items shipped and would arrive today :eek: So looks like i'm going to attempt to return the camera.
How did you do it, on my account page it only shows the [email protected] 399.

markwebb

Jun 14, 2010
San Diego
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
I called customer service b4 my phone n camera were shipped. They cancelled the camera and told me $109, credit. :good:Then i get a notice last night (TWO) items shipped and would arrive today :eek: So looks like i'm going to attempt to return the camera.
How did you do it, on my account page it only shows the [email protected] 399.
My order was split: I was charged 289 for the phone and 109 for the camera. I think I was one of the few purchasers for whom that occurred!

kupest

Nov 28, 2017
Yeah I had no date of delivery earlier but now its 8th December. I am guessing they are getting a big shipment from Essential on the 7th and sending it out considering everyones been given that date. Again the camera isn't due till around Christmas, so maybe I will have the chance to return it/cancel the 360 camera. I really don't think I will be using it much.

On a side note, ordered the black since the deal for white had already expired on amazon. Won't get the phone till mid January since I have someone flying in only in January. I might buy the charging dock if it is decently priced as well.

enrunn

Apr 11, 2012
I had a delivery date between December 15 and 22. Yesterday I got an email that both products have been shipped. Delivery date in Switzerland is Monday 4 December. Maybe they got some cameras back from those who returned it :confused:
However, I'm looking forward :good:

markwebb

Jun 14, 2010
San Diego
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Uhh, yeah, 100%. They are listed as two separate items on my order page and my return is for $116 ($109 + tax), which is just the value of the camera. I got an email from amazon confirming the return and printed the shipping label.
Same here as well: initiated a return for camera only. Also confirmed by Amazon. Brings phone price to now just $300.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

teawhyjelly

Dec 2, 2017
Cincinnati
Uhh, yeah, 100%. They are listed as two separate items on my order page and my return is for $116 ($109 + tax), which is just the value of the camera. I got an email from amazon confirming the return and printed the shipping label.

I came here to say this exact thing..received the refund within like 3 days back to my card. I knew about this from slickdeals and was planning on returning it if i i didn't love the 360 cam, and (un)fortunately my 360 cam was defective anyway. Made my decision easier, and now I have a perfect ph-1 for $289 :good::cowboy:

Top Liked Posts