• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ETG3] OFFICIAL STOCK FW-update (Odin) thread (16 Jul 20) GALAXY Note9 SM-N960F/DS

Search This thread

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
In this thread, You can share the Mega-Links of new firmware's (OFFICIAL STOCK) for the Galaxy Note9 (so: NO CUSTOM ROM's and/or ROOT-talk)...

User Manual (Pie) (English): http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...585/SM-N960F_UM_EU_Pie_Eng_Rev.1.0_190115.pdf
Bedienungsanleitung (Pie) (Deutsch): http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...5/SM-N960F_UM_Open_Pie_Ger_Rev.1.0_190109.pdf
Gebruiksaanwijzing (Pie) (Nederlands): http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201901/20190117140353271/SM-N960F_UM_Open_Pie_Dut_Rev.1.0_190116.pdf

How to flash firmware to your phone:

hH9QtL.png

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
2. Download Odin v3.14.1
3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
4. Open Odin v3.14.1
5. Power OFF Note9
6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode (1st plug-in USB-cable to your Note9!!!), push Bixby + Volume Down buttons, while pushing them plug-in USB-cable to PC
7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots
9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

*** You can always find the LATEST firmware in msg #2

Last edited:

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
This ROM is the latest ROM for Multi-CSC OXM released 10 Jul 20, and can be used for ALL CSC's mentioned in Multi-CSC OXM!
This is official Samsung ROM, so KNOX won't be triggered!

What's new:
* July security patches (Samsung Android Security Updates)
* The security of your device has been improved.
* Bootloader has been updated to v6; downgrade not possible anymore

Model SM-N960F
Model name Galaxy Note9
Country Multi-CSC OXM
Version Android 10
Changelist 18803598
Build date Fri, 10 Jul 2020 06:22:47 +0000
Security Patch Level 2020-07-01
Multi-CSC OXM
PDA N960FXXU6ETG3
CSC N960FOXM6ETG3
Details for download with Frija:
9pC9dk.png

UN-ZIP the archive and place the files in the designated slots in Odin 3.14.1

HOME_CSC_OXM -> data will stay intact
CSC_OXM -> device will reset

SM-N960F OXM multi CSC ( ACR AFG AFR ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI CAC CAM CAU DBT DKR ECT EGY EUR ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX MID MWD MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SKZ SLK THL THR TPH TUN TUR XEF XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV )
single : ( BTC BTU CPW GLB LYS MAT MM1 MTL NZC OPS PAN PNG PRO SIN SMA SMP STH TEB TEL TMC TNZ VAU VFJ VNZ WTL XFA XFN XNZ XSA )
by default : XEU

Last edited:

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
Multi-CSC OXM

The European model of the Note9 (SM-N960F) will get a Multi-CSC -> OXM

This Multi-CSC was already used since Note 7, and will now be continued on the Note9

SM-N960F OXM multi CSC ( ACR AFG AFR ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI CAC CAM CAU DBT DKR ECT EGY EUR ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX MID MWD MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SKZ SLK THL THR TPH TUN TUR XEF XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV )
single : ( BTC BTU CPW GLB LYS MAT MM1 MTL NZC OPS PAN PNG PRO SIN SMA SMP STH TEB TEL TMC TNZ VAU VFJ VNZ WTL XFA XFN XNZ XSA )

Last edited:

mgbosshogg

Feb 6, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Will the N960F have the same firmware as the FD Dual hybrid version? I presume the note 8 was this way
Samsung direct UK is only selling the dual SIM with carriers selling the single sim version. Will need to flash carrier ROM to enable VoLTE.

Thanks,

limestar

May 9, 2006
Ok so I got my Note 9 today. Single Sim in the UK and I cannot get into Download Mode. The buttons no longer work in the same sequence as the Note 8 and other samsungs! Any ideas?

Reactions: marlborakis

JazonX

Dec 16, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Ok so I got my Note 9 today. Single Sim in the UK and I cannot get into Download Mode. The buttons no longer work in the same sequence as the Note 8 and other samsungs! Any ideas?

Enable Developer Options, Go and Enable USB Debugging, and then from a PC with ADB Installed issue the command ADB Reboot Download.
Getting into Download mode is a bit tricky now, Holding the sequence won't take you there.

yakapa40

Apr 7, 2012
mont-de-marsan

This Multi-CSC was already used since Note 7, and will now be continued on the Note9

OXM Multi-CSC, which include the following CSC's: ACR AFG AFR ARO ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI BTC BTU CAC CAM CEL CHO COO DBT DKR ECT EGY EON ETL EUR GLB ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX LYS MID MM1 MWD MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PCL PHE PHN PTR ROM SEB SEE SEK SER SIN SKZ SLK SMA STH THL THR TMC TPA TPH TTT TUN TUR WTL XEF XEH XEO XEU XFA XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV ZTO

hello
about OXM for N960F :

so it's not the same as note7 or note8

1LUVfzw.png

regards

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
hello
about OXM for N960F :

so it's not the same as note7 or note8

1LUVfzw.png

regards

Thanks...

Put this info in msg #3 :good:

How, and with what program, can I get this info?

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
N960FXXU1ARH5 (Multi-CSC OXM)

PKMHeZ.jpg
UtEF9i.jpg

This ROM is the latest ROM for Multi-CSC OXM released 17 aug 18, and can be used for ALL CSC's mentioned in Multi-CSC OXM!

What's new:
* August security patches (Samsung Android Security Updates)
* A feature to select the recording time for Single-take in Super Slow Motion has been added. (0.2s,0.4s)

Model SM-N960F
Model name Galaxy Note9
Country Multi-CSC OXM
Version Android 8.1.0
Changelist 14091311-QB19265703
Build date Tue, 07 Aug 2018 19:24:11 +0000
Security Patch Level 2018-08-01
Multi-CSC OXM
PDA N960FXXU1ARH5
CSC N960FOXM1ARGD
Details for download with SamFirm:
TzeXKe.png

UN-ZIP the archive and place the files in the designated slots in Odin 3.13.1

CSC_OXM -> device will be resetted

Source: First Galaxy Note 9 update adds toggle for 0.2s and 0.4s Super Slow-mo recording

Last edited:
Reactions: iko11 and Manson79

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
Instructions Download-mode Note9

Enable Developer Options, Go and Enable USB Debugging, and then from a PC with ADB Installed issue the command ADB Reboot Download.
Getting into Download mode is a bit tricky now, Holding the sequence won't take you there.

Not necessary: read NEW instructions in post #1 ->

* Power OFF Note9

* Reboot Phone in Download Mode (1st connect Note9 to your PC with the USB-cable, then press and hold Bixby + Volume Down buttons)

Thanks SamMobile for instructions

Reactions: Manson79

Epedemic

Apr 4, 2007

Yeah, they changed it:
Turn off phone and disconnect cable
Hold Vol Down + Bixby and then connect cable, and the phone will boot directly to download mode.

yakapa40

Apr 7, 2012
mont-de-marsan
How, and with what program, can I get this info?
download OXM firmware
unzip : CSC_OMC_OXM_N960FOXM1ARGD_CL14091311_QB19157020_REV00_user_low_ship.tar
décompress odm.img.lz4
extract odm.img files
open odm/omc /
sales_code .dat ( for default CSC )
sales_code_list.dat or SW_configuration.xml for multi CSC
all extractors are freewares
or make your own batch file with the freewares , like me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wD1g2eqrrs

regards

Last edited:

jadaress1

Nov 22, 2010
Hi, im thinking of buying direct from Samsung UK for the dual sim. Just wondering if the dual sim and single sim versions use the same firmware as I'll need to rebrand to Vodafone UK for Volte to work. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Last edited:

chrispyutec

Apr 6, 2011
Tyler, Texas
What would the CSC be for USA? I've been searching around and for some reason I can't find my answer.

Thanks in advance for anyone that knows this and is willing to share the info.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this thread, You can share the Mega-Links of new firmware's (OFFICIAL STOCK) for the Galaxy Note9 (so: NO CUSTOM ROM's and/or ROOT-talk)...

User Manual (Pie) (English): http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...585/SM-N960F_UM_EU_Pie_Eng_Rev.1.0_190115.pdf
    Bedienungsanleitung (Pie) (Deutsch): http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...5/SM-N960F_UM_Open_Pie_Ger_Rev.1.0_190109.pdf
    Gebruiksaanwijzing (Pie) (Nederlands): http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201901/20190117140353271/SM-N960F_UM_Open_Pie_Dut_Rev.1.0_190116.pdf

How to flash firmware to your phone:

hH9QtL.png

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download Odin v3.14.1
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.1
    5. Power OFF Note9
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode (1st plug-in USB-cable to your Note9!!!), push Bixby + Volume Down buttons, while pushing them plug-in USB-cable to PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

*** You can always find the LATEST firmware in msg #2
    This ROM is the latest ROM for Multi-CSC OXM released 10 Jul 20, and can be used for ALL CSC's mentioned in Multi-CSC OXM!

What's new:
    * July security patches (Samsung Android Security Updates)
    * The security of your device has been improved.
    * Bootloader has been updated to v6; downgrade not possible anymore

Model SM-N960F
    Model name Galaxy Note9
    Country Multi-CSC OXM
    Version Android 10
    Changelist 18803598
    Build date Fri, 10 Jul 2020 06:22:47 +0000
    Security Patch Level 2020-07-01
    Multi-CSC OXM
    PDA N960FXXU6ETG3
    CSC N960FOXM6ETG3
    Details for download with Frija:
    9pC9dk.png

UN-ZIP the archive and place the files in the designated slots in Odin 3.14.1

CSC_OXM -> device will reset

Multi-CSC OXM

mc4uSe.jpg

Will update the first post this weekend (CSB3): I was 5 days in San Francisco (Samsung Unpacked 2019) and got home today (10hr flying -> JetLag!)...