• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ETG3] OFFICIAL STOCK FW-update (Odin) thread (16 Jul 20) GALAXY Note9 SM-N960F/DS

Search This thread

high_voltage

Jun 7, 2011
Just flashed CSH3/CSFA/CSG1... I don't see anything new really, but well it did work at least.
Dunno, they even can't fix the bugs. For example while ingame with turned off dolby for gaming - if you pull the notification/quick settings there is a good chance that the sound will get loud and distorted. Showing gametools and turning on/off dolby for gaming fixes it. The bug is a new one (i.e. not from the initial release), from 2 patches and still not fixed in the latest August.

Daekin

Mar 23, 2009
Bratislava
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Latest update I have found is N960FXXU3CSH1/N960FOXM3CSH1/N960FXXS3CSG2 (SEK) but unfortunately, after dirty flashing (HOME_CSC) from CSG5 I got bootloop.
Now I am trying to flash with wipe (CSC).

EDIT #1: clean flash worked

EDIT #2: although it has higher number it only includes July security update :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: sr.bond

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
Latest update I have found is N960FXXU3CSH1/N960FOXM3CSH1/N960FXXS3CSG2 (SEK) but unfortunately, after dirty flashing (HOME_CSC) from CSG5 I got bootloop.
Now I am trying to flash with wipe (CSC).

EDIT #1: clean flash worked

EDIT #2: although it has higher number it only includes July security update :confused:

It has a higher BUILD-nr, but that's saying nothing!

Always check first what "changelist" it has and/or Security Patch (both must be the same or higher/newer)!

So: this is your own fault...

Reactions: Gandicela

Daekin

Mar 23, 2009
Bratislava
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
It has a higher BUILD-nr, but that's saying nothing!

Always check first what "changelist" it has and/or Security Patch (both must be the same or higher/newer)!

So: this is your own fault...

Yeah I know...

I saw here (I was directed there from A70 froums, where I was looking updates for my other phone), that it has the same changelist and higher build date, so I assumed it should be newer:
Perhaps that site is not trustworthy, so I advice others against using it as reference in the future...

Last edited:

akantoch

Jan 9, 2010
Yeah I know...

I saw here (I was directed there from A70 froums, where I was looking updates for my other phone), that it has the same changelist and higher build date, so I assumed it should be newer:
https://samfrew.com/download/Galaxy__Note9__/tg4d/SEK/N960FXXU3CSH1/N960FOXM3CSH1/
https://samfrew.com/download/Galaxy__Note9__/8yto/AUT/N960FXXS3CSG5/N960FOXM3CSG3/

Perhaps that site is not trustworthy, so I advice others against using it as reference in the future...

What is camera.app version in this rom?

possi.rodrigo

Mar 9, 2017
Guarulhos
Guys, I'm Brazilian, this is my version atually. Can I update to this latest (August)?

PS. Here the processor is Snapdragon 845

9ognxB1Gn8iDxPan9

high_voltage

Jun 7, 2011
Next week just like every time in the middle of the month you'll see

didn't know it was every middle of the month. thanx!
Well, because it's not. I received the OTA quite a few times early in the month (I literally got like 1-3rd day of the month few times). Dunno when sammobile uploaded and when was released the full package for X month tho, I am talking for the OTA.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On Sammobile, there is a new version 8FUF3 of Egypt as below picture:

FUF3.PNG
    FUF5 available via Frija, DBT as always. Sammobile reports it's July, 2021 security patch.
    In this thread, You can share the Mega-Links of new firmware's (OFFICIAL STOCK) for the Galaxy Note9 (so: NO CUSTOM ROM's and/or ROOT-talk)...

User Manual (Pie) (English): http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...585/SM-N960F_UM_EU_Pie_Eng_Rev.1.0_190115.pdf
    Bedienungsanleitung (Pie) (Deutsch): http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...5/SM-N960F_UM_Open_Pie_Ger_Rev.1.0_190109.pdf
    Gebruiksaanwijzing (Pie) (Nederlands): http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201901/20190117140353271/SM-N960F_UM_Open_Pie_Dut_Rev.1.0_190116.pdf

How to flash firmware to your phone:

hH9QtL.png

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download Odin v3.14.1
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.1
    5. Power OFF Note9
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode (1st plug-in USB-cable to your Note9!!!), push Bixby + Volume Down buttons, while pushing them plug-in USB-cable to PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

*** You can always find the LATEST firmware in msg #2
    This ROM is the latest ROM for Multi-CSC OXM released 10 Jul 20, and can be used for ALL CSC's mentioned in Multi-CSC OXM!
    This is official Samsung ROM, so KNOX won't be triggered!

What's new:
    * July security patches (Samsung Android Security Updates)
    * The security of your device has been improved.
    * Bootloader has been updated to v6; downgrade not possible anymore

Model SM-N960F
    Model name Galaxy Note9
    Country Multi-CSC OXM
    Version Android 10
    Changelist 18803598
    Build date Fri, 10 Jul 2020 06:22:47 +0000
    Security Patch Level 2020-07-01
    Multi-CSC OXM
    PDA N960FXXU6ETG3
    CSC N960FOXM6ETG3
    Details for download with Frija:
    9pC9dk.png

UN-ZIP the archive and place the files in the designated slots in Odin 3.14.1

HOME_CSC_OXM -> data will stay intact
    CSC_OXM -> device will reset

SM-N960F OXM multi CSC ( ACR AFG AFR ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI CAC CAM CAU DBT DKR ECT EGY EUR ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX MID MWD MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SKZ SLK THL THR TPH TUN TUR XEF XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV )
    single : ( BTC BTU CPW GLB LYS MAT MM1 MTL NZC OPS PAN PNG PRO SIN SMA SMP STH TEB TEL TMC TNZ VAU VFJ VNZ WTL XFA XFN XNZ XSA )
    by default : XEU
    Multi-CSC OXM

The European model of the Note9 (SM-N960F) will get a Multi-CSC -> OXM

This Multi-CSC was already used since Note 7, and will now be continued on the Note9

SM-N960F OXM multi CSC ( ACR AFG AFR ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI CAC CAM CAU DBT DKR ECT EGY EUR ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX MID MWD MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SKZ SLK THL THR TPH TUN TUR XEF XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV )
    single : ( BTC BTU CPW GLB LYS MAT MM1 MTL NZC OPS PAN PNG PRO SIN SMA SMP STH TEB TEL TMC TNZ VAU VFJ VNZ WTL XFA XFN XNZ XSA )
    by default : XEU
    mc4uSe.jpg

Will update the first post this weekend (CSB3): I was 5 days in San Francisco (Samsung Unpacked 2019) and got home today (10hr flying -> JetLag!)...