Question [EU] Pixel 6 / Pro promotion: Google no longer has Bose Headphones 700 - pre-orderers now receive Bose QuietComfort 45 + 75 € store credit

Search This thread

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
It seems that Google has run out of Bose Headphones. As mentioned on Reddit by a german user, he was contacted by Google and will receive another bundle. It is highly likely that this will affect other people aswell.

Google (in German, I'll share a translation):

Aufgrund der hohen Popularität sind die Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 (im Wert von 399,95 Euro) derzeit nicht erhältlich.

Ihre Prämie wird jedoch durch ein unglaubliches Limited-Edition-Bundle ersetzt, das ein Paar der neueste Bose QuietComfort 45-Kopfhörer in Schwarz (im Wert von 349,95 Euro) und einen Google Store-Gutschein im Wert von 75 Euro enthält! Insgesamt ein Geschenkwert von 424,95 Euro!

Wir entschuldigen uns für die Unannehmlichkeiten und sind uns sicher, dass Sie Ihre neu Prämie trotzdem lieben werden.
Due to high popularity, the Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 (worth 399.95 euros) are currently unavailable.

However, their premium is replaced by an incredible limited edition bundle that includes a pair of the latest Bose QuietComfort 45 headphones in black (worth 349.95 euros) and a Google Store voucher worth 75 euros! A total gift value of 424.95 euros!

We apologize for the inconvenience and are sure you will love your new premium anyway.
Screenshot

1637086549349.png

Translation of the German article:

Google launched the Pixel 6 smartphones with a strong promotion that was supposed to benefit all pre-orderers. However, the company apparently underestimated the rush again this year and now has to inform the first pre-orderers that they will NOT receive the promised free Bose Headphones 700. That is annoying, but Google offers a replacement and even adds a Google Store voucher.

The rush for the Pixel 6 smartphones was huge in the first hours after the presentation, as expected. The smartphones were already exciting in the run-up, every leak further fueled the hype, and it felt like everyone interested in smartphones wanted to get one of the new devices. There probably would not have been any need for a pre-order campaign, but Google still made a strong offer to all interested parties.

Anyone who ordered the Pixel smartphone from the Google Store or one of the participating retailers during the pre-order period was promised free Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 (Here's all the info). Hopefully, many of our readers have taken the chance and secured the promotion even after the lockout period has expired. If you haven't done so yet, you might have less of a chance to win the headphones. Google has once again underestimated the popularity.

Now a reader has contacted Stadt-Bremerhaven and shared a screenshot, which we do not want to withhold from you. The message says that other Bose headphones are promised instead, as well as a Google Store voucher worth 75 euros. If you believe the information in the message, the new goodie is even worth more than the previous one. You will receive bonuses worth 424.95 Euros from an MSRP perspective.
On paper, this is a very good replacement that even benefits you from a financial perspective. It is not the promised product, but Google has of course ensured in the fine print of the promotion that it only runs as long as stocks last or that it can be replaced by a substitute product. It is said that the product is "currently not available", but users obviously do not have a choice. That is, even those who want to wait longer will probably not be able to get the promised headphones.

What is called an "incredible limited edition bundle" (marketing slogan at its best) is of course only a combination of the freely available headphones and the Google Store voucher. What is supposed to be so special and incredible about it remains to be seen.

What do you think of this replacement promotion? Are you satisfied with it or should Google have planned better? The great success in the first ten days after the presentation was really not that surprising...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Izy

yeah seems to be people signing up late on the preorder getting that message

like i said in pixel 6 section its probably a better deal tbf
the 45s are still very good just the noice cancelling is worse due to having less mics and the audio slightly worse just slightly
the bose 700 did come out over 2 years ago while the 45s came out this september
that and the voucher aswell is a nice boost (£50) in UK
can probably get googls wireles stand if it ever releases lmao

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
yeah seems to be people signing up late on the preorder getting that message

like i said in pixel 6 section its probably a better deal tbf
the 45s are still very good just the noice cancelling is worse due to having less mics and the audio slightly worse just slightly
the bose 700 did come out over 2 years ago while the 45s came out this september
that and the voucher aswell is a nice boost (£50) in UK
can probably get googls wireles stand if it ever releases lmao
I never dived into the new Boses, last one I noticed were the 35.

So the 700 have better sound than the 35 & 45, but the 45 have worse sound than the 35 ?! The letter I read whilst reading some Amazon reviews, that's just, like, wat? Why, Bose?

Last edited:

Izy

I never dived into the new Boses, last one I noticed were the 35.

So the 700 have better sound than the 35 & 45, but the 45 have worse sound than the 35 ?! The letter I read whilst reading some Amazon reviews, that's just, like, wat? Why, Bose?

yeah 700s are slightly ahead the 35s and the 45 are below the 35s its weird like that

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
HTC Desire
Google Nexus 4
Hmmm, I filled my application on the day it opened (Nov 1st) and it has been approved 4 days later. I wonder if I'm gonna get the 700 or the QC45.

Either way, I'm not keeping it, I don't like wireless headphones. One of my co-workers is probably interested so...