Question Europe Firmware

Search This thread

the_ape

May 30, 2005
www.nakedcleaner.com
Just a note to check if its not noticed already for you.

Screenshot_20220908_201950_Software update.png

Reactions: bigchrizzieboy

strikey17

Feb 5, 2011
Riga
Samsung Galaxy S22
It's funny how S22 (which was a good phone for me, but had awful battery life and heated a lot) is on October 2022 patch and we're still on July 2022. Guess we're going straight to that, skipping Aug/ Sept. Weird software support for the top-of-the line phone.

dezborders

It's funny how S22 (which was a good phone for me, but had awful battery life and heated a lot) is on October 2022 patch and we're still on July 2022. Guess we're going straight to that, skipping Aug/ Sept. Weird software support for the top-of-the line phone.
Is the Fold4 not runnng Android-L ? (Android for tablets)
Perhaps this is partly the reason we are not up to date?
My hunch is F4 will get the october security patches pretty soon ;)

Antyhaker

Sep 8, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Yes
here every S22 is on October update my Fold 4 still on July
Meh, even S10 has september patches :)

crawls69

Mar 29, 2015
Yeah, this makes no sense. Most of the phones that I've owned were Samsung galaxy phones partly because of how quick and how long Samsumg supported their phones with operating system and security patch updates.

The Fold 4 is Samsung's most recent and most expensive flagship phone. Here we are in the month of October and still sitting on a July security patch?!

I hope this isn't indicative of what their security patch and operating system updates are going to be like going forward on this phone. This is on par with or worse than Motorola which is known for slow updates (I owned their expensive flagship Motorola razr 5g at one point and the pace of security patch updates on that phone was absurd -it was supposed to be every other month but was sometimes once a quarter and, when the security patch finally arrived, it wasn't even the most recent month).

I don't recall this long of a delay getting security patch updates on any other Samsung phone I've ever owned. Not a good first impression, Samsung.

I get what your saying but samsungs update tree always older phones get updates first and new ones are last to get ,, the update has begun rolling in Korea so will filter to other regions in days to come , but obviously the need for a fast update wasn't needed so that's a good thing as no major bug/issues currently and this update is just purely security and optimization , not to mention older handsets are getting 13 beta as well but doubt we will get a beta tbh

cooldude20000

Feb 16, 2015
UK
Will be as bad in Decemeber. Why do I feel this phone in terms of software support is the same as Xiaomi's Redmi whatever? )))
No, if like fold 2 and 3 we got 2 updates in October one had the September 2021 update then halfway through October we got an October update. Then it was every month we might have a delay though in December as one ui 5 should be in beta by then

Top Liked Posts