European Moto Froyo 2.2.1 leak

Search This thread

zozul

Jan 26, 2011
Hi,

I've got Froyo on my Milestone by update on 07.01.11. At a time i've known that Froyo update is coming, and was thinking that its global update. Since it looks it is not, I've made nandroid backup. The firmware version is SHOLS_U2_05.25.0, so a bit older than Asia one. But the firmware configuration version is European (i don't know if it changes anything).

It is pure unbranded android 2.2.1.

As i cannot even post links, here they are in raw format anyone repost it.

Code:
screenshot:
img143.imageshack.us/img143/8505/devicev.png

nandroid backup:
multiupload.com/60TV2RYF4W

Reactions: alijs

Paitor

Apr 20, 2007
Gothenburg
Hi,

I've got Froyo on my Milestone by update on 07.01.11. At a time i've known that Froyo update is coming, and was thinking that its global update. Since it looks it is not, I've made nandroid backup. The firmware version is SHOLS_U2_05.25.0, so a bit older than Asia one. But the firmware configuration version is European (i don't know if it changes anything).

screenshot:
devicev.png

nandroid backup:

Interesting. ;-) Can someone confirm this?

Please, can some moderator move this thread to the right section

zozul

Jan 26, 2011
Nope. I'm using this system version for almost 3 weeks, and don't have any problem. As I believe all 2.2.1 features work correctly, battery lasts for 16-30h with 3G and synchronization on all the time.

There are only some small issues:
- SMS over 160 signs sometimes get mixed up - (but im not sure if this isn't operator issue)
- light sensor sometimes stops working (changing to max brightness, and back to auto solves issue)
- installing too much apps slows system seriously (i think it's lack of ram)

Supported languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Polish, Turkish, Greek(? im unsure, but probably) and Chinese (at least i think so)

Last edited:
Reactions: mohitrocks

alijs

Jan 4, 2011
Amman
downloading now... feedback later

Thanks

P.S. maybe better to place in development section.

Last edited:

alijs

Jan 4, 2011
Amman
worked fine till now, need to play a little bit more with it..

Edit: Arabic is not supported even in the browser

Last edited:

zozul

Jan 26, 2011
There is one thing that makes me wonder.

It's my phone.

The thing is that I've got this soft as normal Motorola Update, through the network. Update was around 70 MB in size (system.img is around 170 MB), and it didn't erase any app or data.

If that was mistake by Motorola it's moreover strange, because first I've ignored update for couple of hours (didn't want to do it with low battery), and they've kept asking me every 30 minutes if i want to install update.

Anyone can explain me why I've got this update, and others not?

Sworkhard

Jun 25, 2010
There is one thing that makes me wonder.

It's my phone.

The thing is that I've got this soft as normal Motorola Update, through the network. Update was around 70 MB in size (system.img is around 170 MB), and it didn't erase any app or data.

If that was mistake by Motorola it's moreover strange, because first I've ignored update for couple of hours (didn't want to do it with low battery), and they've kept asking me every 30 minutes if i want to install update.

Anyone can explain me why I've got this update, and others not?

Possibly as a test push to a limited number of users to see if there are any issues that people notice (that are bad enough for them to call Motorola or their carrier) and to make sure that the updates are working, before the roll it out to everyone else. Kinda like google does on the nexus one.

zozul

Jan 26, 2011
Supported languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Polish, Turkish, Greek(? im unsure, but probably) and Chinese (at least i think so)

Firmware configuration version says it's EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), but there are not any Middle Eastern or African languages. No Eastern European languages too. So it's probably Western European version.

It leaked in Poland, Era operator. But the phone comes from UK, so it may be UK leak.

Last edited:

LoadEU

Jan 24, 2011
Can I use it on РСТ(Legal Russian) Milestone?
No problems?
PS
Poland - east europe country, no?

zozul

Jan 26, 2011
Poland is in Central Europe (at least they say so to us :p).

Here it looks as they've counted it with West. It's strange that there is Polish language version, but no Czech, Slovakian etc.

Btw. I have no idea if it will work in Russia, but probably should work correctly.

LoadEU

Jan 24, 2011
All problems by EuroMoto.
D:

Ростест Sticker=>terrible service center are closed to me.If I install this.

Last edited:

ares225

Oct 18, 2010
Forgive my question it might sound a little sillyu but i'm a newbe in android how can i install this?

alijs

Jan 4, 2011
Amman
Forgive my question it might sound a little sillyu but i'm a newbe in android how can i install this?

its a nandroid backup, so you need to extract (unzip) the content into nandroid/openrecovery/"content"
then use open recovery to restore it after wiping the whole thing..

follow this link.. as its fully supported, the same subject but Asia Pacific leak

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=929646

hope this will help

ff9007

Aug 22, 2010
Where I can get proper "update.zip" for this nandroid backup? Or the vulnerable recovery for 2.2.1? Cuz when I try to get into OR, my phone says:

... bla bla bla ...
"E:EOCD marker occurs after start of EOCD.
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted".

And it fails.

S

sileshnair

Where I can get proper "update.zip" for this nandroid backup? Or the vulnerable recovery for 2.2.1? Cuz when I try to get into OR, my phone says:

... bla bla bla ...
"E:EOCD marker occurs after start of EOCD.
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted".

And it fails.

That's because you do not have vulnerable recovery installed to run OR. What's your bootloader version?

These links may help.

Vulnerable recovery : http://android.doshaska.net/rootable
Bootloaders : http://and-developers.com/sbf:milestone#bootloaders

ff9007

Aug 22, 2010
I have one more question.

On stock 2.1 I had a nice feature with ringtone. I could change it level by volume + and - buttons, and it had three steps. 1st was normal ringtone, 2nd - only vibra, 3rd - silent. Now, in 2.2.1 I have only normal ringtone and only vibra. Does Motorola remove it in froyo?

Or anyone know how can I make it to work again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Code:
    screenshot:
    img143.imageshack.us/img143/8505/devicev.png

nandroid backup:
    Nope. I'm using this system version for almost 3 weeks, and don't have any problem. As I believe all 2.2.1 features work correctly, battery lasts for 16-30h with 3G and synchronization on all the time.

There are only some small issues:
    - SMS over 160 signs sometimes get mixed up - (but im not sure if this isn't operator issue)
    - light sensor sometimes stops working (changing to max brightness, and back to auto solves issue)
    - installing too much apps slows system seriously (i think it's lack of ram)