[Evert] [Stock] Firmware - Return to Stock.

Search This thread

WoKoschekk

Feb 25, 2019
Cologne
Moto G6
Moto G6 Plus
Termux is a kind of terminal app which provides a very useful linux environment on Android devices.

Python is a programming language which is often used for creating scripts with a high-level purpose. It can be installed on Termux using its "apt" or "pkg" command.

Brickstin

Oct 18, 2017
I have the same phone.

First do this:

Go to settings: tap System, tap about phone and write down which software channel you are on.

It will say something like this:

RETLA
or
TEFCO
or
TEMX
or
TIGCO

Those are the only channels which offer stock roms for the XT1926-7

If your phone is factory unlocked you will probably have to use the RETLA versions.

the on your computer go to:

mirrors . lolinet . com /firmware /moto /evert /official/

You will find the original android 8 stock rom in there:

XT1926-7_EVERT_*YOUR_CHANNEL*_8.0.0_OPWS27.113-89-5_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml

Before you flash your phone make sure that you have a backup of :

EFS
and
Persist

partitions.

If those get corrupted or wiped you won´t have carrier signal or wifi once you reboot your phone. trust me it happened to me.

good luck.
Isn't it just possible to prevent the formatting of the EFS and Persist partitions in the first place?

Brickstin

Oct 18, 2017
These lines are copied from the flashfile.xml inside the stock.zip:
Code:
    <step operation="erase" partition="carrier"/>
    <step operation="erase" partition="userdata"/>
    <step operation="erase" partition="ddr"/>
    <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_clear"/>

The "erase carrier" command is as usual as the "erase modemst1/2" command. That's the default.

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Erase carrier + modem will not erase your IMEI as long as your /persist is not corrupted!!
How can we go about confirming the integrity of the Persist Partition?

I am trying to flash XT1926-7_EVERT_RETLA_DS_9.0_PPW29.116-11_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml

which is the original firmware that came with my G6 Plus Retail Latin (RETLA) version. (DUAL SIM Version)

Mine was upgraded to XT1926-7 RETLA 9.0_PPWS29.116-11-2
I never wanted it to upgrade to that version but it did it anyways because you know 'Forced updates'

WoKoschekk

Feb 25, 2019
Cologne
Moto G6
Moto G6 Plus
How can we go about confirming the integrity of the Persist Partition?
You don't need a check for /persist. Just don't wipe it!

Open this page https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/evert/official/RETLA/
and choose the latest firmware. I don't know why you are talking about the versions 116-11(-2)?? These builds are from January/March 2019!!!

because you know 'Forced updates'
No, I don't know. Every OTA notification could be answered with "install now" or "install later".

What Version was it and for what model? Which was the file from lolinet you downloaded
Do you know what Termux and Python are? You cannot download them on mirrors.lolinet.com.

Brickstin

Oct 18, 2017
I have the same phone.

First do this:

Go to settings: tap System, tap about phone and write down which software channel you are on.

RETLA
or
TEFCO
or
TEMX
or
TIGCO

If your phone is factory unlocked you will probably have to use the RETLA versions.

XT1926-7_EVERT_*YOUR_CHANNEL*_8.0.0_OPWS27.113-89-5_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml

EFS
and
Persist

partitions.

If those get corrupted or wiped you won´t have carrier signal or wifi once you reboot your phone. trust me it happened to me.

good luck.
What is EFS ?

Brickstin

Oct 18, 2017
You don't need a check for /persist. Just don't wipe it!

Open this page https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/evert/official/RETLA/
and choose the latest firmware. I don't know why you are talking about the versions 116-11(-2)?? These builds are from January/March 2019!!!

No, I don't know. Every OTA notification could be answered with "install now" or "install later".

Do you know what Termux and Python are? You cannot download them on mirrors.lolinet.com.
  1. There is many reasons why someone would want to remain on stock official release version that came with the phone: The reason why I need the older version back on here is because of how this particular model of the g6 Family was plagued with Sound audio issues: Please have a quick read here
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moto_G6 which in the passage talks about the audio issues after Pie update.
    1620518608398.png

I really do not want to suffer from this - I am just trying to keep the phone original, unless you have information that shows this was fixed in the latest update, I don't want to update this phone to a newer version, it's already AUTO updated by it self to RETLA 9.0_PPWS29.116-11-2

2. It did not give me this option, it just downloaded and I couldn't stop it, even with debugger mode enabled I had turned off AUtomatic system updates - Apply updates when device restarts. (I HAD This Disabled and it still did it!)
    It downloaded and was installing and i thought i could stop the upgrade by stopping the APP process. When I rebooted later on the update still happened but the problem is that towards the end it didn't finish downloading all the appropriate files so the update process was corrupted.

3. I know what Python is but not Termux: I quoted the wrong statement and accidentally quoted yours so sorry about the confusion.
    I was trying to ask about this:
    1620519986522.png
    You're stating here that this won't happen to anyone as long as the Persist partition is not corrupted and that is why I asked about checking it; now you're stating not to wipe it at all?
    I will just not wipe the Modem1/2 and persist partition as a precaution.

Last edited:

WoKoschekk

Feb 25, 2019
Cologne
Moto G6
Moto G6 Plus
Moto devices have two EFS partitions: modemst1 and modemst2
They contain data which is temporarily load from your /persist partition. Have a look here for detailed information:

I never had any issues due to an update. Your device is already upgraded to Pie and it doesn't make sense to keep this older build from 2019.

You're stating here that this won't happen to anyone as long as the Persist partition is not corrupted and that is why I asked about checking it; now you're stating not to wipe it at all?
You can wipe /modemst1+2 and carrier without any doubt. But you should never wipe /persist.

Reactions: Brickstin

ariel1987

Sep 14, 2010
Hi!, I flashed Stock again on A/B but I lost mic. I can record audio and video with Motorola cam oem app, but no audio in sound recorder neither calls/ whatsapp/ soundtest. Any ideas? xt1926-7 retla PPW29. Flashed with lolinet and motorola official rescue images (same md5), both failing. Tried with official Lineage 18 but no audio in cam too.

mrsiri

Sep 16, 2017
Hi!, I flashed Stock again on A/B but I lost mic. I can record audio and video with Motorola cam oem app, but no audio in sound recorder neither calls/ whatsapp/ soundtest. Any ideas? xt1926-7 retla PPW29. Flashed with lolinet and motorola official rescue images (same md5), both failing. Tried with official Lineage 18 but no audio in cam too.
For returning to pure stock, use Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant Tool. It fetches the right ROM and flashes it for you, with a single click of a button.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Evert] [Stock] Firmware - Return to Stock.
    Disclaimer
    I can not be held responsible for any type of problem with your device. This information is for the sole purpose of reporting and is delivered "as is". Only the tests will confirm if everything works well or does not work at all, proceed with caution.

Recommendations.
    • Make sure to back up all information, device data, and (optional) persistence partitions of the device.
    • Always use common sense, and confirm that you do not have an error message in the console. Verify that things are done correctly.

Requirements
    • Make sure that the drivers and everything related to connectivity is working properly. The official Motorola drivers work fine, and the google fastboot drivers too. Look for tutorials on installing the fastboot driver if your computer is not detecting it properly, the tutorials of other moto models (eg moto g5 plus) on the drivers and others work just as well.
    • All this process spends time and of course the battery of your device, make sure you have a good battery (50+) and stay connected as much as possible.
    • Make sure you install the right firmware, in other devices from Oreo things are not so tight, in my case, my XT1926-7 device works perfect with a retailUS firmware, but it depends on each one...
    • All the commands and others are done from the fastboot utility, you can find it in https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools.

Process
    1. Download the correct firmware for your device.

Right now there are not many firmware available, as time passes the list will grow.
      One of several sites is LOLINET.
      https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/evert/official/RETAIL/

2. (If not already installed, make sure of ..) Install the drivers and download the fastboot utility. And of course, verify that the driver works properly. It will be done later.
    3. Extract the fastboot utility, and the firmware within the same directory.

To verify the connection, enter the bootloader of your device, connect it with the PC. On the PC; run the console, go to the folder where you extracted the fastboot utility, and type fastboot.exe devices, you should see the listed device in the console.

If the connection works correctly and you notice nothing strange, you can start the process.
    4. Open the console in the directory where the fastboot utility is on the firmware files, there should be no more folders inside. (In this case you should adjust the path of the files in the commands). And write the following commands, verify that you do not have errors.:

Warning,
      The commands listed below as "optional" do not necessarily have to be executed, but to be completely safe, execute them all, as long as you have the right firmware.

Code:
      fastboot getvar max-sparse-size
      fastboot oem fb_mode_set
      fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
      fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img (optional)
      fastboot flash modem_a NON-HLOS.bin
      fastboot flash fsg_a fsg.mbn
      fastboot erase modemst1 (Optional)
      fastboot erase modemst2 (Optional)
      fastboot flash bluetooth_a BTFM.bin
      fastboot flash dsp_a dspso.bin
      fastboot flash logo_a logo.bin
      fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
      fastboot flash system_a system.img_sparsechunk.0
      fastboot flash system_a system.img_sparsechunk.1
      fastboot flash system_a system.img_sparsechunk.2
      fastboot flash system_a system.img_sparsechunk.3
      fastboot flash system_a system.img_sparsechunk.4
      fastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.0
      fastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.1
      fastboot flash oem_a oem.img
      fastboot flash oem_b oem_other.img
      fastboot flash vendor_a vendor.img_sparsechunk.0
      fastboot flash vendor_a vendor.img_sparsechunk.1
      fastboot erase carrier (Optional)
      fastboot erase userdata
      fastboot erase ddr
      fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
      [I][/I]
    5. Press the Power button, and wait a bit.. It will take a few minutes to start.

If you hear "Hello moto", congratulations you are in Stock (and everything "should work fine").
    Notes
    • If your firmware has more or less sparsechunk files (eg, sparsechunk.3 or img_sparsechunk.7), run them all.
    • The bootloader will remain unlocked.
    If all this was helpful, I hope your thanks.
    With love by iGor.
    I am looking for an Oreo firmware for dual SIM XT1926-7.

Will all RETAIL version(s) support dual SIM ?
    For example, does EVERT_RETAIL_8.0.0_OPWS27.113-92-5 support dual SIM?

I have the same phone.

First do this:

RETLA
    or
    TEFCO
    or
    TEMX
    or
    TIGCO

EFS
    and
    Persist

partitions.

good luck.
    Which TWRP version, what exact build file did you use to back up/restore partitions?
    Was your TWRP capable of backing up /data partition?

In another tread, I posted that (after Magisk root) the latest twrp-3.3.1-0-evert.img failed to back up the /data partition, but twrp-3.2.3-42-evert.img worked well

For me, it works exactly the opposite.

TWRP 3.2.3 was not able to decrypt the phone data.
    But booting temporarily with TWRP 3.3.1-0 would successfully decrypt and backup everything.
    for which firmware build? Pie or Oreo?

PIE

But once rooted, was NOT able to back up \data partition with twrp-3.3.1-0-evert.img.

I´m not an expert, but from what i know, You need to have a pin or unlock pattern on your phone. TWRP asks you for it and uses it to decrypt the data partition. Then your backups will succeed.

Is it possible to permanently remove encryption?

I read it´s possible but i´m no expert on the subject. Why would you want to remove encryption? I think its a good feature
    These lines are copied from the flashfile.xml inside the stock.zip:
    Code:
        <step operation="erase" partition="carrier"/>
        <step operation="erase" partition="userdata"/>
        <step operation="erase" partition="ddr"/>
        <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_clear"/>

The "erase carrier" command is as usual as the "erase modemst1/2" command. That's the default.

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

wow bro, just wow... for those who are reading this do not erase the modem and carrier my phone is now pretty much useless because I didnt know that erasing that would reset my imei. Now my phone has no wi-fi and no carrier connection. Now im running a damn reverse tethering to see if i can reverse this. Any ideas now? How the hell do i get this back?

By the way give people a warning to not do that wtf.... I can only imagine how many people you fcked with this.

Erase carrier + modem will not erase your IMEI as long as your /persist is not corrupted!!