Everything about P880 ROMs, Kernels, Recovery

Search This thread

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
The following are only those that are still active and under developement.
For more roms and older releases head to the general index thread of p880

ROMS

Developer: csk1jw

MarshMallow 6.0.1
MoltenMotherBoard
Link

Nougat 7.1.1
MoltenMotherBoard
Link

Developer: oF2pks

CM12.1 Unofficial
F2fs, xposed, Wakelock Blocker, MicroG
Link

CM13 Unofficial - Test - Alpha
Xposed
Link

Developer: alfsamsung

CM13 Unofficial
Link

KERNELS

Aosp6 unmodified with F2Fs support
Working for cm11 and cm12.1
Link

Cyospak6-7 with F2Fs support
Working for cm12.1 and cm13
Link

RECOVERY

Official TWRP

TWRP 3.0.3 beta
with F2Fs support
Link

MultiRom
with F2Fs support
Link

CWM Philz Touch
Link

If i missed something, feel free to tell me.
This thread is created because right now the p880 forum is in a little mess and its hard to know who develops what now and who stoped developing.

Last edited:

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
We will be using this thread as a complete discussion for P880
Also you can post a complete INDEX here in P880 and @kessaras Have a look HERE ;)

LG Optimus 4x HD - ROMs, Kernels, MODs, GUIDES
Hope this helps everyone and it had never been updated after December 2015. Up till 2015 it have everything about P880

buh, thats like going to the china market haha
what we need is, the devs that currently keep developing for p880 to edit properly their projects to appear in the right section.
oF2pks has already thought of it but his project is still under maintainance, when he is ready he will make his thread.

anyway. i will do what you said. its propably better than looking around every time :D

Salman Al-Badgail

Dec 2, 2015
Somewhere Near XDA Heaven
buh, thats like going to the china market haha
what we need is, the devs that currently keep developing for p880 to edit properly their projects to appear in the right section.
oF2pks has already thought of it but his project is still under maintainance, when he is ready he will make his thread.

anyway. i will do what you said. its propably better than looking around every time :D
Proper thread with complete explanation is good, Thanks for making a new thread. We don't have active Forum Moderator in LG P880 sec, however this thread should be stick and active. Please update it regularly. Thanks Again :good:

ze7zez

Aug 24, 2012
Kraków
nz.geoview.info
OP have latest updates followed by previous updates in this Post.

LG Optimus 4x HD - ROMs, Kernels, MODs, GUIDES
@Trafalgar Square prematurely closed the topic and probably is not interested in its reopening.

It is good that @kessaras formed a new topic.

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

@oF2pks any new update/build for Christmas?? Also I am curious to know about CM 14.x for p880. Will be there any CM or any other ROM other than AOSP from you???

Here you have the answer.
@oF2pks working very intensively.
Let's give him time without being rushed.

In 2017,( I'll wait for next lg g6 or oneplus4, so) I will have plenty of time to test a full working f2fs cm12 for p880 and twrp3.0.3/f2fs/7.1.1 will be out soon :https://github.com/Tkkg1994/android_device_generic_a15

oF2pks

May 22, 2016
*CWM / CM recoveries & clarification

Apparently CWM ended with cm11 and was replaced with CR extra light oem-like recovery in cm12/13:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2201860
So attached is latest official CWM 6.0.5.1 : cm-11-20160815-NIGHTLY-p880-recovery.img , before it disappears from the net like wiki/cm : https://web.archive.org/web/20161122111453/https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Development
I also added useless CmRecovery from cm12 only : CRlethalWeapon.img DON'T USE IT without p880's bootloader fastboot intense practice.

So 99% devs move to TWRP ; it uses prior fstabV1 swap with fstabV2 commonly set in most roms. This is why there is 2 different versions : ext4 and f2fs for /data (to avoid boot mounting mix). /system & /cache are not relevant to f2fs improvement.

images

age-line SOS​

Attachments

• cm-11-20160815-NIGHTLY-p880-recovery.img
    6.4 MB · Views: 111
  • CRlethalWeapon.img
    6.3 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The following are only those that are still active and under developement.
    For more roms and older releases head to the general index thread of p880

ROMS

Developer: csk1jw

MarshMallow 6.0.1
    MoltenMotherBoard
    Link

Nougat 7.1.1
    MoltenMotherBoard
    Link

Developer: oF2pks

CM12.1 Unofficial
    F2fs, xposed, Wakelock Blocker, MicroG
    Link

CM13 Unofficial - Test - Alpha
    Xposed
    Link

Developer: alfsamsung

CM13 Unofficial
    Link

KERNELS

Aosp6 unmodified with F2Fs support
    Working for cm11 and cm12.1
    Link

Cyospak6-7 with F2Fs support
    Working for cm12.1 and cm13
    Link

RECOVERY

Official TWRP

TWRP 3.0.3 beta
    with F2Fs support
    Link

MultiRom
    with F2Fs support
    Link

CWM Philz Touch
    Link

If i missed something, feel free to tell me.
    This thread is created because right now the p880 forum is in a little mess and its hard to know who develops what now and who stoped developing.
    It's nice to have a thread that consolidates the most uptodate roms and kernel. And Merry Christmas to @csk1jw, @oF2pks, @alfsamsung, @kessaras , @Salman Al-Badgail and fellow users that are still rocking this phone.
    *CWM / CM recoveries & clarification

Apparently CWM ended with cm11 and was replaced with CR extra light oem-like recovery in cm12/13:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2201860
    So attached is latest official CWM 6.0.5.1 : cm-11-20160815-NIGHTLY-p880-recovery.img , before it disappears from the net like wiki/cm : https://web.archive.org/web/20161122111453/https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Development
    I also added useless CmRecovery from cm12 only : CRlethalWeapon.img DON'T USE IT without p880's bootloader fastboot intense practice.

So 99% devs move to TWRP ; it uses prior fstabV1 swap with fstabV2 commonly set in most roms. This is why there is 2 different versions : ext4 and f2fs for /data (to avoid boot mounting mix). /system & /cache are not relevant to f2fs improvement.

images

age-line SOS​
    In case we don't talk today until night, i wish to everyone

600_457097292.jpeg
    p880 cm bootanimation moded

A nice boot animation.
    Download and replace it in /system/media
    reboot.
    You can also rename the old bootanimation.zip in there to shutdownanimation.zip before you put this one in.

Boot animation Video
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone