Evira Kernel First Kernel For P20PRO emui 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Kimas90

Jul 16, 2018
updated to 195 today. now i wanted to flash via fastboot flash kernel this kernel.
now i got bootloop.

erecovery cant recover my phone.

what can i do?

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

updated to 195 today. now i wanted to flash via fastboot flash kernel this kernel.
now i got bootloop.

what can i do?

i got a L29C432.

cant flash twrp also

otonieru

• May 7, 2011
    Djakarta
    now i got bootloop.

what can i do?

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

i got a L29C432.

cant flash twrp also

this is for oreo. of course it wont boot.

flash back your stock kernel using fastboot

if you dont have your stock kernel, extract it first from stock firmware using huawei update extractor app

kessaras

Recognized Developer
    Sep 28, 2013
    Athens
    www.audioshow.gr
    what is that ? https://github.com/EviraKernel/EviraP20Pro/commit/6d7f725ecdfe46a307e95916dfbdf4e880828209
    why did you name it bloeffa ?
    commit with git cherry-pick -e , do what you do and then git commit or git commit --amend, to keep original author.

EDIT:
    omg, amateur.
    thats not how you upstream https://github.com/EviraKernel/EviraP20Pro/commit/8f11943884cddb557207bc1c52cff353901b2781
    what about everything else ? don't just change the kernel version to fake its 4.9.150...
    here:
    https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/log/?h=v4.9.153
    1 way is to cherry-pick everything you see since 4.9.97.
    And another way is to make a merge of 4.9.98+++ until you get to 4.9.150.

Last edited:

JF-GINO

Apr 30, 2011
    Toronto
    wot,

i didnt even notice the thread title was changed to EMUI 9 already :eek:

now i also confused

Im also confused, I thought this was the tread for the 8.1 Kernel.
    Shouldnt Emui 9 have its own thread? Also wondering why the previous 8.1 kernels are now missing??
    What if we wanted to keep using Emui 8.1?
    Im personally not a fan of Emui 9.
    Am I now in the 'not'-cool zone? LOL!

Just think this thread should have been left alone for emui 8

Last edited:

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
    Lite thread cleaning.
    As mentioned before. There is no need to get upset with someone who is learning to develop. Everyone starts somewhere. If you dont like how this kernel works then dont use it. If you dont like this developer style then find someone else? If you feel like helping teach a developer, you must do it with the utmost respect.

Thank you for your understanding
    Wolf

Reactions: CaseyS and kessaras

bstiti

Jul 9, 2011
    First of all show little respect.
    He may did some mistakes and I pointed there but he doesn't deserve these words.
    Please delete that post ... It's up to him to fix his mistakes and learn. Never post like that and ofc not caps. It's not like he did any crime. He will learn.

It's a just a fact that this kernel does not work with the latest .195 Emui9 rom.
    Its fact that there is no information about that in this thread, i test it and first time, my phone does not boot anymore, twrp + erecovery does not work anymore too
    i thought, okay no problem, my mistake.... than i flashed it a second time, my phone does not boot... i thougt..hmmm whats wrong...?
    at the third time i flashed this kernel MY PHONE DOES NOT BOOT!
    It took me about 2 hours to get the phone to run, without erecovery! ..the stock kernel he uploaded to this thread does not work with .195 too!

The only mode i could boot without any problems was Fastboot, and if i does not have the know-how of about 10 years of flashing-stuff, maybe i would struggle with getting my phone back to stock/boot!

So he published a Kernel without any information about version that will softbrick my device.

btw it was not a bootloop, i had to fight with: Phone boot to yellow text, than huawei logo than freeze and than display turns to black, same while try to boot to recovery!

yes u r right, he can make mistakes and he has to learn but other people here should be warned cause actually this Kernel does not work and it will clearly softbrick your device if u r on latest version of emui9.
    This is a FACT!

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Lite thread cleaning.
    As mentioned before. There is no need to get upset with someone who is learning to develop. Everyone starts somewhere. If you dont like how this kernel works then dont use it. If you dont like this developer style then find someone else? If you feel like helping teach a developer, you must do it with the utmost respect.

Thank you for your understanding
    Wolf

Its not the Point that i dont like how this Kernel work, its the fact that this kernel softbrick devices. It does not work with the latest stock emui9. Thats the point, I think this Thread could need an update like ''out of date'' other users should be warned if he does not give any information. This is simply and clear.

Reactions: SynisterWolf

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
    It's a just a fact that this kernel does not work with the latest .195 Emui9 rom.
    Its fact that there is no information about that in this thread, i test it and first time, my phone does not boot anymore, twrp + erecovery does not work anymore too
    i thought, okay no problem, my mistake.... than i flashed it a second time, my phone does not boot... i thougt..hmmm whats wrong...?
    at the third time i flashed this kernel MY PHONE DOES NOT BOOT!
    It took me about 2 hours to get the phone to run, without erecovery! ..the stock kernel he uploaded to this thread does not work with .195 too!

The only mode i could boot without any problems was Fastboot, and if i does not have the know-how of about 10 years of flashing-stuff, maybe i would struggle with getting my phone back to stock/boot!

So he published a Kernel without any information about version that will softbrick my device.

btw it was not a bootloop, i had to fight with: Phone boot to yellow text, than huawei logo than freeze and than display turns to black, same while try to boot to recovery!

yes u r right, he can make mistakes and he has to learn but other people here should be warned cause actually this Kernel does not work and it will clearly softbrick your device if u r on latest version of emui9.
    This is a FACT!

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Its not the Point that i dont like how this Kernel work, its the fact that this kernel softbrick devices. It does not work with the latest stock emui9. Thats the point, I think this Thread could need an update like ''out of date'' other users should be warned if he does not give any information. This is simply and clear.

You are the one who's responsible for flashing software on your device. If you aren't comfortable with it. Then don't flash. Period.

XDA isn't a place to make your phone "cool". It's a place to share work and learn to grow on your coding skills.

Reactions: bstiti

bstiti

Jul 9, 2011
    now i got bootloop.

what can i do?

i got a L29C432.

cant flash twrp also

I have had the same problem.....dont worry u have to boot to fastboot and flash the latest stock kernel, i uploaded the stock one for u. Its for C432 than boot to fastboot, flash kernel via adb and restart your phone...

here u go: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fFBRuyPcHIeVNTaaGxUlqxv29e4tMxFt?usp=sharing

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

You are the one who's responsible for flashing software on your device. If you aren't comfortable with it. Then don't flash. Period.

XDA isn't a place to make your phone "cool". It's a place to share work and learn to grow on your coding skills.

I understand and i know and i dont tell him its his fault.... its my own responsibility, but he does not react, check out the thread, im not the only one who struggle with this kernel. There is no reaction to any kind of critic and no information, just ''evira for emui9'' so people with emui 9 flash it and will softbrick their device....

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
    I have had the same problem.....dont worry u have to boot to fastboot and flash the latest stock kernel, i uploaded the stock one for u. Its for C432 than boot to fastboot, flash kernel via adb and restart your phone...

here u go: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fFBRuyPcHIeVNTaaGxUlqxv29e4tMxFt?usp=sharing

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

I understand and i know and i dont tell him its his fault.... its my own responsibility, but he does not react, check out the thread, im not the only one who struggle with this kernel. There is no reaction to any kind of critic and no information, just ''evira for emui9'' so people with emui 9 flash it and will softbrick their device....

Submit a logcat or bug report and wait for the developer to respond. you don't need to post all hostal like which cause issues for everyone else. Now that we successfully derailed this thread. Talk back and forth needs to stop. You can PM me if you want to continue but for now this thread needs to get back on topic so no more of this.

bvannier

Apr 9, 2009
    Paris
    Good morning from an old man...
    Just for info, the one for 8.1 rom was absolutly fabulous!
    Just wait for the one working for.195.
    I am quite sure it will be perfect.
    Please, @resurrect, let us know and keep on.
    Kindly yours

resurrect

Dec 1, 2008
    Sorry all but im at work and not see all message of this thread Pls moderator close this thread becouse i stop development for p20 pro so not test it kernel and not have device to test it i say this so Pls closed all

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hi all i relase my kernel for P20 Pro i test it on CLT-LT09 and CLT-L29
      I test this kernel only with official EMUI but work on some rom aosp

EVIRA KERNEL
      by Resurrect

Kernel features:
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------
      Evira v1.0.1
      -Upstream to latest 4.9.150
      -Enabled Schedutil Governor
      -Added Bloeffa Wake Lock Block
      -Kernel set permissive

-------------------------------------------------------
      How Install:

Download Image kernel related for your patch security

flash on fastboot with Fastboot flash kernel kernel.img

DOWNLOAD:
      EviraKernel_P20PRO 9.0 patch security 12-2018
      EviraKernel_P20PRO 9.0 patch security 11-2018

SOURCE:
      Evira kernel source

My Patched img for add magisk to p20 pro (For install flash on fastboot with Fastboot flash ramdisk patched_boot.img)
      Magisk

Credits to
      All xda dev
      Some user test my kernel​

Submit a logcat or bug report and wait for the developer to respond. you don't need to post all hostal like which cause issues for everyone else. Now that we successfully derailed this thread. Talk back and forth needs to stop. You can PM me if you want to continue but for now this thread needs to get back on topic so no more of this.
      Thank you for this Kernel - it works on my AOSP 9.0 based ROM !!! :D
      could you disable the ptrace in your kernel to change the value with gameguardian please

Yes so it takes the kernel to be remodified so that ptrace is not a problem for gameguardian?

When i go At home try to iplement correct need wait becouse i work and i do all on My free time and all my source is for all and i not take money for do my work so patient when i can do and i not stay At work i see wath i can do ?
      Hello, awesome job on the kernel! Are you going to add different I/O schedulers into this kernel like fiops, noop, etc?

Yes maybe next version when i have time to spent add another tips i do all in my free time XD