Evira Kernel First Kernel For P20PRO emui 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Hulzer

Dec 7, 2005
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603899438

This is link for evira 1.0 base on emui 9.0 flash at own risk i need test confirm working have enabled schedutil and wakelock block and upstreamed to latest patch for now kernel is on enforcing mode flash and pm be if kernel work (i not have device to test it)

Sent from my 2 XL using XDA Labs

On my device your kernel does not boot... I built my own from sources and it worked. I only changed enforcing=0 androidboot.selinux=permissive and applied wireguard patch.

resurrect

Dec 1, 2008
Yes I will share it. And yes, everything is working, also with root. It's simply the stock kernel + wireguard. Next step could be Impulse governor.
Share link of source on github and how make boot.image? With tools script or another method?

Sent from my 2 XL using XDA Labs

Hulzer

Dec 7, 2005
Code:
mkbootimg.exe --kernel Image*.gz --base 0x0 --cmdline "loglevel=4 initcall_debug=n page_tracker=on unmovable_isolate1=2:192M,3:224M,4:256M printktimer=0xfff0a000,0x534,0x538 enforcing=0 androidboot.selinux=permissive buildvariant=user" --tags_offset 0x07A00000 --kernel_offset 0x00080000 --ramdisk_offset 0x07c00000 --os_version 9.0.0 --os_patch_level %1  --output KERNEL_%1.img

Hulzer

Dec 7, 2005
Last edited:

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta
tried to build from source but it fail and give error

Makefile152 recipe for target submake failed

any idea how to fix this ?

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Here my current build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zd87cf66thLJbPZmqpxKJZdnv-EP082V/view?usp=sharing

Just flash it with
Code:
fastboot flash kernel ....

saw this late,

will try now

EDIT : it's bootlooping, now thats weird. May i know your model and build number @Hulzer ? Am on CLT29C636 9.0.168 Desember 2018 security patch

Last edited:

resurrect

Dec 1, 2008
tried to build from source but it fail and give error

Makefile152 recipe for target submake failed

any idea how to fix this ?

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

saw this late,

will try now

EDIT : it's bootlooping, now thats weird. May i know your model and build number @Hulzer ? Am on CLT29C636 9.0.168 Desember 2018 security patch

man try this is evira builded for your security patch

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603902670

Last edited:
Reactions: otonieru

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta

just got chance to try your file,

unfortunately it stuck on "Device is booting"

btw, FYR stock kernel for C636 9.0.0.168 state the version is 4.9.97

are you using 4.4 or 4.9 when upstreaming ?

am keen to build from source myself, but i can't seems to find the cause of makefile error i mentioned in the previous page, seems like my source has problem,

may i know from which link you download your EMUI 9 kernel source code ?

EDIT : I redownload source code. now it compiling fine. I will see whether it boot or not.

Last edited:

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta

after trying to compile from my own source, it always fail in one or another lines, even after start clean. (i re set up linux, compiler, redownload source and all)

this source code is kinda a mess i guess. so many warning, :silly:

do you by any chance already uploaded your code to github ? am curious whether it can successfully compiled if am cloning your source,

btw,

so far error i get is mostly due to recipe failed for drivers, followed by sub make recipe fail.

in your case, you said you need to type make command twice,

which make command did you exactly repeat ?

i build by doing this command

export ARCH=arm64 && SUBARCH=arm64
export CROSS_COMPILE=path to my GCC

make O=output clean
make O=output mrproper
make O=output merge_kirin970_defconfig
make O=output -j8

bstiti

Jul 9, 2011
I updated to latest emui 9 this morning, flashed your kernel, flashed your ramdisk, btw its wrong command, after that my phone did not boot anymore....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all i relase my kernel for P20 Pro i test it on CLT-LT09 and CLT-L29
    I test this kernel only with official EMUI but work on some rom aosp

EVIRA KERNEL
    by Resurrect

Kernel features:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Evira v1.0.1
    -Upstream to latest 4.9.150
    -Enabled Schedutil Governor
    -Added Bloeffa Wake Lock Block
    -Kernel set permissive

-------------------------------------------------------
    How Install:

Download Image kernel related for your patch security

flash on fastboot with Fastboot flash kernel kernel.img

DOWNLOAD:
    EviraKernel_P20PRO 9.0 patch security 12-2018
    EviraKernel_P20PRO 9.0 patch security 11-2018

SOURCE:
    Evira kernel source

My Patched img for add magisk to p20 pro (For install flash on fastboot with Fastboot flash ramdisk patched_boot.img)
    Magisk

Credits to
    All xda dev
    Some user test my kernel​
    I have had the same problem.....dont worry u have to boot to fastboot and flash the latest stock kernel, i uploaded the stock one for u. Its for C432 than boot to fastboot, flash kernel via adb and restart your phone...

here u go: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fFBRuyPcHIeVNTaaGxUlqxv29e4tMxFt?usp=sharing

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

I understand and i know and i dont tell him its his fault.... its my own responsibility, but he does not react, check out the thread, im not the only one who struggle with this kernel. There is no reaction to any kind of critic and no information, just ''evira for emui9'' so people with emui 9 flash it and will softbrick their device....

Submit a logcat or bug report and wait for the developer to respond. you don't need to post all hostal like which cause issues for everyone else. Now that we successfully derailed this thread. Talk back and forth needs to stop. You can PM me if you want to continue but for now this thread needs to get back on topic so no more of this.
    Thank you for this Kernel - it works on my AOSP 9.0 based ROM !!! :D
    could you disable the ptrace in your kernel to change the value with gameguardian please

Yes so it takes the kernel to be remodified so that ptrace is not a problem for gameguardian?

When i go At home try to iplement correct need wait becouse i work and i do all on My free time and all my source is for all and i not take money for do my work so patient when i can do and i not stay At work i see wath i can do ?
    Hello, awesome job on the kernel! Are you going to add different I/O schedulers into this kernel like fiops, noop, etc?

Yes maybe next version when i have time to spent add another tips i do all in my free time XD