• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

Evira Kernel Redminote 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheshyre-C

Oct 5, 2014
Cygnuss;80009442 [url said:
https://t.me/Evrdminote7[/url]
Thank you very much.

I see there's no zzmoove governor ?. Well, I'll give it a shot with alucard. If it doesn't work out (for battery life) I can always go back.

Thanks once again for the link.

edit: actually I'll give wave a try. As alacard was never too great, for me.

Last edited:

Cheshyre-C

Oct 5, 2014
It will improve performance or battery or balance, if you know how to tweak it. Using a custom kernel basically opens up the kernel for the user to tweak if not satisfied with what the custom kernel developer already did. You can't do as much with the stock kernel as you can with a custom kernel. A simple example, many people complain about wakelocks draining their battery, see batterystats forum. With a good custom kernel, you can block certain wakelocks, problem solved. No can do on the stock kernel.
How can I go about doing this?

rubentellez90

Oct 14, 2014
How to configure a kernel

Hi. I am interested in trying this kernel but I have no experience in this kernel topic.

Does anyone know a post that I recommend to know that I must configure once the kernel flashes?

hyborian

Oct 25, 2017
How can I go about doing this?
Download FK Manager or Kernel Adiutor, research how to use

---------- Post added at 05:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 AM ----------

Hi. I am interested in trying this kernel but I have no experience in this kernel topic.

Does anyone know a post that I recommend to know that I must configure once the kernel flashes?
That's a tall order. To get you going quickly, install the kernel. Then install Magisk Module NFS-Injector and let the app do the work for you. They use a Redmi Note 7 as one of their test phones. You can go to their forum and on page 1, it tells you how to further configure some stuff, simple changes in text files - e.g. change one file to select Balanced, Batter-Saving, etc.

Reactions: rubentellez90

justdidit

Sep 28, 2010
Is anyone having issues with Evira Pure 1.3 or 1.4?

After upgrading from 1.2 my phone just turns itself off after a couple of minutes. Until then it works good. There is no indication of any issues after flashing to 1.3/1.4.

1.2 is rock solid.

tekkaman7

Jun 25, 2013
i already did a benchmark on both versions and i can confirm this that 4.2 cpu score is lower than 4.1
Yeah, I only use Geekbench because Antutu stays on ram as an active process consuming resources I made the test after reading your quote, I notice on the slower cpu on my most used games one of them is Need for speed NL the animations take time as in my old Moto G5 plus with Snapdragon 625, I really like the speed on 4.1 do you notice an important battery drain?

tekkaman7

Jun 25, 2013
I noticed the same 4.1 is faster
Lets check the new 4.3.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

The same guys apparently in 4.3 there's no speed difference with 4.2, Geekbench is apparently little faster than 4.2 but noticeable slower asdf than 4.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone