Evo 3D and Nexus S...1 year away from release!!!

Search This thread

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
So I just spoke to my a rep at my local sprint store about returning my Evo (bought Feb 27-2011) within my 30 days. She told me no problem to come on in. I then asked about how my refund comes and my upgrade returning, all OK there. I brought up the Evo 3D and she stated a HTC rep was in the store yesterday saying it may be 1 year before the Evo 3D is released! I was suprised and asked about the Nexus S, same answer "could be a year away, though she didnt seem as sure as the release being that far away. I know they want me to keep my current phone, that way I pay full price for the Evo 3D, can it really be 1 year away from release?

Also has anyone heard on the price for the Evo 3D with available upgrade of course.

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
That doesn't seem right is say she was dumb I beleave at ctia nexus is coming this yr I. The second q n there is Polly no way Evo 3d will be that Lo.g it would put print behind on the phone market

ROM: MikFroYo v4.5 red
KERNAL: net sbc less havs latest beta
PRI: 1.90_003
NV: 1.90_003
HBOOT: 2.10 S-OFF
RADIO: 2.12.00.11.19
HW: V3 w 3500 sprint batt

Overstew

Oct 3, 2010
The sprint website states the Nexus comes out this spring, and the EVO 3D comes out this Summer.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

DarkManX4lf

May 11, 2007
NYC
Nevermind I couldn't find it on the sprint site ....but this site does say it may release in the summer...but it also says sprint did not say when it will be released.

http://www.techgadgetsweb.com/2384/htc-evo-3d-arrive-june-price-confirmed

Last edited:

cordell12

Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
Yeah, I really think she was trying to discourage me and have me keep my Evo. Like I said though she did seem sure of the time frame though, and when I asked about nexus s she did not. Most likely she really couldn't due to the pre order from sprint website! Have we seen prices for the Evo 3D? If you can't tell I am struggling with returning this first gen Evo and getting the 3D or the S. In the mean time I would be purchasing a Evo from eBay with my refund. Dang why did she say that!!!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

cordell12

Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
My post was just as useful as OP.

All I am saying is what I was told. And being no release date set technically it could be 1 year away. I highly doubt it, but she claimed to have had a HTC Rep in the store telling them it is a far from this summer.

Not trying troll, just passing on the "lie" I was told...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

adamantypants

Nov 8, 2008
las vegas
Considering Sprint reps hired for CTIA don't know what "screen resolution" is, I wouldn't trust their opinion.

You guys just have to accept that we're the nerds, they're just the salespeople. Chances are everybody here knows more than any Sprint salesperson, or any salesperson in any electronics store for that matter lol.

dgomez720

Mar 24, 2011
Amarillo, TX
Yeah the EVO 3D and Nexus S are both set to summer and spring respectively. Along with the HTC VIEW tablet and Kyocera Echo.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

tejasrichard

Apr 3, 2009
That doesn't seem right is say she was dumb I beleave at ctia nexus is coming this yr I. The second q n there is Polly no way Evo 3d will be that Lo.g it would put print behind on the phone market

ZOMG! I..dude..are you having a STROKE while typing this??? Someone call an ambulance!! :D

I tease, swype makes me look like a damed fool all the time ;)

odawg1022

Feb 28, 2011
Florida-Gulf Coast
I went to the sprint store a couple days ago after the announcement and I was told the 3d should show up in stores around June like the original evo

EVO 4G-VirusROM RC 6-Launcher Pro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A small update; I contacted the sprint store I returned the evo to and spoke with the rep. She told me she did take care of resetting my upgrade. So I checked it online, nope! Still reads feb of next year. I called to sprint to see what they can do. Being this is my 3rd call I got a account supervisor, he sent a request into his manager and then he sends it somewhere. Anyway in 24 hours I should have my upgrade back. Todays phone call went to smooth for the issue to be resolved, lol. I see a few more calls and or visits to get this handled. I can see why the store is procrastinating, they want me to come back in their thinking they can save my upgrade by getting me a new phone, before the evo 3d release, NOT!

If you spoke to account services 24 hours is the normal turn-around time for an upgrade reset. You won't need to callback any more.