Evo 3d gsm bootloop after successful ruu.exe

Search This thread

Coaxs94

Jul 25, 2015
Belgrade
Hi guys. I have a really weird problem especially cause I have successfully done ruu.exe many times without any problems. But now my evo won't boot even after ruu.exe finished succeffully, have tried multiple times. :confused: Just to mention that months before I did this ruu, I've installed a custom kernel "MiRaGe" and everything was good, till a couple days ago when I tried to boot into 4ext recovery and it didn't boot at all, tried 3-4 times, no luck, but the rom was working fine. (I haven't tried to boot to 4ext since installing a custom kernel) Now I relocked my phone to install ruu.exe, it finished successfully, but can't boot now. I have also unlocked bootloader again and have flashed recovery and still couldn't boot to recovery. Then I relocked and did ruu.exe again, but still no luck with booting to rom. Also I've tried factory reset in bootloader after finishig ruu.exe and the same thing.
S-ON
Unlocked
Hboot 1.53.0007
Radio 11.77.3504.00U_11.25.3504.06_M_release_262714_signed
ICS
Software version 3.28.401.1
Please help, I need my phone really bad. Thanks.
:(

Last edited:

Coaxs94

Jul 25, 2015
Belgrade
Well, go into fastboot and unlock the bootloader again, install 4ext recovery (if you cant find the img file I can help you) and install any rom based on sense which will work on hboot 1.53.

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using XDA Labs

I can't find the 4ext img file. Found one link, but it's broken.

Coaxs94

Jul 25, 2015
Belgrade
Did you unlock the bootloader?

Yeah and I've tried "fastboot boot recovery.img" command to boot to recovery, it was success but again the phone restarts. And just to mention that I've also tried cwm recovery but the result is the same.
I suppose that my evo is a true brick now :/

Last edited:

mhnx

Sep 23, 2010
Thessaloniki
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Yeah and I've tried "fastboot boot recovery.img" command to boot to recovery, it was success but again the phone restarts. And just to mention that I've also tried cwm recovery but the result is the same.
I suppose that my evo is a true brick now :/

Try 4ext recovery, fastboot install recovery 4extimg.img and after that reboot into recovery. If it enters recovery install a close to stock ics rom, with 4ext smart flash enabled or extract the boot.img from the rom and install it through fastboot (fastboot install boot boot.img).

I can provide you the latest 4ext recovery img, pm me if you need it.

Last edited:

Coaxs94

Jul 25, 2015
Belgrade
Try 4ext recovery, fastboot install recovery 4extimg.img and after that reboot into recovery. If it enters recovery install a close to stock ics rom, with 4ext smart flash enabled or extract the boot.img from the rom and install it through fastboot (fastboot install boot boot.img).

I can provide you the latest 4ext recovery img, pm me if you need it.

Already did that with 4ext and cwm but none of them won't boot to recovery, but for the rom, i did ruu.exe after flashing recovery (that won't boot) and after relocking, then I unocked bootloader and flashed boot.img from the same ruu.zip, but no results, bootlooping. I think nothing can be done, it's a brick.

mhnx

Sep 23, 2010
Thessaloniki
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Already did that with 4ext and cwm but none of them won't boot to recovery, but for the rom, i did ruu.exe after flashing recovery (that won't boot) and after relocking, then I unocked bootloader and flashed boot.img from the same ruu.zip, but no results, bootlooping. I think nothing can be done, it's a brick.

You flashed the ruu with the exe though windows or through sdcard? Did you try to remove the sdcard? Try fastboot wipe or format recovery before installing the new img.