• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Evo vs Iphone poll... Deleted on Engadget?

Search This thread

ballr4lyf

May 7, 2010
Soooo... It looks like the Evo was starting to pull ahead and all of the sudden engadget deletes the article, poll and comments. Sadly, it was a little more balanced than the previous article that was an Apple sausagefest. :mad:

Then again, it probably didn't help Steve Jobs any that the android engadget app has a widget. :p

pecosROB

Soooo... It looks like the Evo was starting to pull ahead and all of the sudden engadget deletes the article, poll and comments. Sadly, it was a little more balanced than the previous article that was an Apple sausagefest. :mad:

Then again, it probably didn't help Steve Jobs any that the android engadget app has a widget. :p

Wow I'm surprised they actually did that. Surely they have some "reason" for it. :p

ballr4lyf

May 7, 2010
In the past they just disabled the comments, not delete the entire article. Anybody else remember when comments were disabled on engadget?

bob13bob

Apr 30, 2008
they are biased to whoever gives them more ad money. They pay the bills, guess who the boss is? Who spends more advertising revenue, apple or evo? Thats who gets more positive spin.

aLdaRiS

Jun 2, 2007
thats really nasty even to think about it haha cant they really deal with android?

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
I can't believe anyone still goes to that site.. it should be renamed to igadget.com

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk!

donatom3

Oct 13, 2007
Costa Mesa, CA
Joshua is trying to say that they aren't worried which phone wins in the poll since that's our opinion not theirs. Basically I agree with them everyone is getting a bit paranoid. They gave the Evo a great review, and face it the iPhone is a good smartphone. Their reason for taking down the review was good of course if they had put up their explanation right away then people would had less conspiracies to make up.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

G

gqstatus0685

They were paid to take it down isnt it obvious. Why would they take our down? They've done numerous comparisons on products that have yet to be released how its this an exception?

Grims

Dec 5, 2007
Joshua is trying to say that they aren't worried which phone wins in the poll since that's our opinion not theirs. Basically I agree with them everyone is getting a bit paranoid. They gave the Evo a great review, and face it the iPhone is a good smartphone. Their reason for taking down the review was good of course if they had put up their explanation right away then people would had less conspiracies to make up.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

To me it was a pretty silly reason... it was a poll not a comparison. People were free to makeup their own minds. I think once something is put in print it should stay that way.

donatom3

Oct 13, 2007
Costa Mesa, CA
To me it was a pretty silly reason... it was a poll not a comparison. People were free to makeup their own minds. I think once something is put in print it should stay that way.

Well like I said if they had put up their reason right away and just transferred the poll then it would have been fine, but the article itself was a comparison, which is silly to try to do an in depth comparison of a device you saw in a controlled environment for an hour to a device you were allowed to use for weeks.

06ms6

Nov 14, 2008
You guys have got to be kidding me...a "cover up the EVO love" conspiracy? Come on! The EVO wasn't even winning the poll before they took it down. They even posted an awesome review of the EVO.

It's embarrassing reading some of the Android fan's comments about this around the internet.

kiwi32

Apr 25, 2010
I can't believe anyone still goes to that site.. it should be renamed to igadget.com

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk!

Seriously,it should be.A luck we don't do a Apple vs MS post count.
But I am seriously looking for other website to get my tech news.Any suggestion?I'm a taker as long as it's not biased.
Thanks.