• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

EvolutionX 5.2.2 keeps downloading "system updates" on the background

Search This thread
Hello everyone,
I have been experiencing an issue with EvolutionX 5.2.2 since a while ago and it's really been bugging me. The OS keeps on downloading system updates on the background by itself, which causes first and foremost huge cellular data drains and massive battery drains, in where it downloaded about 10GB of data in about 15 days and which made my phone go from 100% to 15% in 6 hours with the phone locked most of the time. I have tried disabling all the services related to system updates and such but I still had no luck with it. I'll provide some screenshots of cellular data below, one of the system updates app/service itself (which I couldn't find in the apps department in settings) and one of Firefox for reference. You can see that I can disable all Wifi and cellular data setting for firefox but not for the system updates app.

Link to the images (Imgur)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211201-111433_Ajustes.png
    Screenshot_20211201-111433_Ajustes.png
    150.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20211201-111427_Ajustes.png
    Screenshot_20211201-111427_Ajustes.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 9

romabah

Jan 21, 2020
Ho, buddy have i got news for you. THis is exactly the same problem i had on my MI9T. The cause of the problem is still unknown, probably some google background update ****.

The problem itself is caused by google VPN/DNS service app (they call all that **** app, android auto services blahblahblah. If you pay attention google just auto installs them if you dont pay attention). I am not exactly sure how it is called, something like google DNS/VPN services or something. Its constantly trying to connect to something but cant and just bloody destroys your data and battery life. Started somewhere back in beginning november. To fix it find the service (it can be found as an installed system app) and delete / disable it.

I cant exactly remember how its called so i am sorry that i cant exactly point you in the right direction. But i do know that the problem is exactly the same as mine and that deleting that system app solved it and it did not come back. For now at least.....

Ho, buddy have i got news for you. THis is exactly the same problem i had on my MI9T. The cause of the problem is still unknown, probably some google background update ****.

The problem itself is caused by google VPN/DNS service app (they call all that **** app, android auto services blahblahblah. If you pay attention google just auto installs them if you dont pay attention). I am not exactly sure how it is called, something like google DNS/VPN services or something. Its constantly trying to connect to something but cant and just bloody destroys your data and battery life. Started somewhere back in beginning november. To fix it find the service (it can be found as an installed system app) and delete / disable it.

I cant exactly remember how its called so i am sorry that i cant exactly point you in the right direction. But i do know that the problem is exactly the same as mine and that deleting that system app solved it and it did not come back. For now at least.....
Thanks you very much for your feedback. You could have just ignored this post cause in reality you've already fixed the problem but you chose to help instead and for that I appreciate you. I unfortunately do not have that version of EvolutionX, specifically the 5.9.3 Ocean 202111011, got it from this thread at XDA and everything seems to work without problem and even better tha I expected, with no battery drain or constant system crashes so far so I'm really happy with it (it even comes with the stock MIUI camera which I think is really cool) so I definetly recommend this version over the other and I don't really get why they have the other one on the official EvoX webpage. Once again, thanks for the help.